Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/5: The Will O' The Glimmerwisps | event information on page 1

Banned
    Cannot believe I wasted so much time on this event..it seemed like a go and looked cool and then reality set in.. the horrible drop rate.. S8 send a warning on next events that say”Warning this event is terrible waste of time and Energy we will try to make a better one next time”. At least honesty is upfront and not the realization that doing these type of events is a soul draining waste of LIFE.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by podunkiana View Post
    Cannot believe I wasted so much time on this event..it seemed like a go and looked cool and then reality set in.. the horrible drop rate.. S8 send a warning on next events that say?Warning this event is terrible waste of time and Energy we will try to make a better one next time?. At least honesty is upfront and not the realization that doing these type of events is a soul draining waste of LIFE.
    Pretty early on SpiritWind posts the steps. Most events have a pattern. As you progress you are required to invest more energy and time. Some Players also do the math pretty early on and give an idea of the energy input required to complete. So before you start take a look at these posts, determine whether you want to participate in the whole event, part of the event or not at all. Only you can make that determination based on your resources, time and whether the prize(s) will be worth the effort, energy and time.
    Storm 8 is a For profit company. Whatever else one can say about the Company and the ways it chooses to make money, one can never truthfully say Storm8 has ever given anyone the impression that it is a charitable company that exists for our free entertainment. They will, therefore, always make events challenging and slow going and offer the option to more quickly complete the event at a premium. This is a choice only you can make. If you want a less stressful premium experience (For whatever reason) then spend the money. If you don't want to spend the money then take your time, look at all the information, make your calculations, strategise and do whatever you need to do.
    Last edited by bobbyrae; 03-15-20 at 07:10 PM.

Executive Chef
    The main issue with this style event is the drops from Ivy’s Hut.

We need 24 Red Wispies with only an available 27 drops during the event.
    So missing out on just three! collections means you can’t finish without spending gems.

I’ve had a busy two weeks and already missed three.
    I’m trying to stay on track so that hopefully I only need to speed up once to finish.
    But it has become stressful now, despite having finished everything else days ago.
    All my gems went on Feanor (totally worth it tho, he’s great) so if I miss any more collections I think I’ll miss out on my Rainbow Grove.
    This might be the first event ever I can’t complete.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbyrae View Post
    Pretty early on SpiritWind posts the steps.
    The poster was complaining about the drop rates though. Knowing the steps won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    The poster was complaining about the drop rates though. Knowing the steps won't help.
    Yeah I agree that the drop rate was ridiculous on this one. And we all are aware Storm8 is about money over customer satisfaction otherwise they would have fixed that equally ridiculous gem stealing glitch. Having a pop up ?are you sure you want to spend these gems? would be an easy fix if they wanted to do it.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by idrispad View Post
    The low drop & spawn rates are a known part of these events. There will always, in every event, be a low drop or spawn rate. The further in you go the drop rate and spawn rate will usually go even lower. This is not a surprise. It is what it always has been. Factor it into your decision whether to start or not. No one is forcing anybody to spend gems or real money. And to call players names who choose to spend money...it's just not on.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    The main issue with this style event is the drops from Ivy’s Hut.

We need 24 Red Wispies with only an available 27 drops during the event.
    So missing out on just three! collections means you can’t finish without spending gems.

I’ve had a busy two weeks and already missed three.
    I’m trying to stay on track so that hopefully I only need to speed up once to finish.
    But it has become stressful now, despite having finished everything else days ago.
    All my gems went on Feanor (totally worth it tho, he’s great) so if I miss any more collections I think I’ll miss out on my Rainbow Grove.
    This might be the first event ever I can’t complete.
    It won't be the first event I couldn't complete but I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm not sure at this point whether I can finish this it's gonna be right down to the wire for me. Just waiting on Ivy and also chopping aspen trees now.

Fashion Designer
    Just a reminder....if you have the install and play Home Design goal, you may be able to receive 3 rainbow formula 1s. Check for the prize and see. I'd never installed it before, so I did this time and received the prize and I could finish a few days early.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Does anyone know yet how much energy the rainbow grove drops? I?m trying to decide if I want to keep going depending on if the prize is worth it.
    Thanks!

Fashion Designer
    I collected for the first time and received 4 energy.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.