View Poll Results: Overall I enjoyed this event?

Voters
256. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

24 9.38%
  • Neutral

41 16.02%
  • Disagree

178 69.53%
  • I didn't participate

4 1.56%
  • I ran out of time to craft/collect Horn

84 32.81%
  • I crafted 1 or more Meadow Wolf

174 67.97%
  • Spawn rate for Meadow Wolf too low

183 71.48%
  • I used gems to finish and I did finish

69 26.95%
  • I used gems to finish and didn't finish

34 13.28%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 53 of 140 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story event 7/12 - The Fabled Fawn Storybook event | The Meadow Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by judafarm View Post
    Its almost midnight by me..
    Before I go to sleep I want let everyone know the results of a whole day playing on this storybook.
    Keys: 11
    Meadow explorer: nothing..only coins..

I hate this event

I have more then 250 neighbors..
    By other events when we need help from friends I always get the max of 20
    Now I didn't.. Also yesterday I got only 13 keys..

This is not much fun
    Same here ..
    1st chapter took me 3 days (I built the a 2nd library on the 2nd day), and now I stuck in chapter 3 because of those beep sunburst seeds.! ..I've found one of them yesterday and one today I fear I won't find the last one until tomorrow, its so frustrating.!!!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post
    Is there ANYWHERE where asking for items from neighbors is clearly explained from the powers at be? Just because we read it on the forum doesn't mean we're getting factual advice. (Although I appreciate all the help I can get)
    I didn?t find any official explanation so far but I can tell that I sometimes check the game 10 times a day and then when I go in for the 10th time on this same day I receive a request for the very first time which says that it has been sent ?24 hours ago? or even ?48 hours ago?. Therefore I an very very much inclined to believe in the first mechanism, that requests ?get stuck? when you send them to inactive players and only when some of the first 20 responded, the next ones get sent out. I personally NEVER send out more than 20 at a time and carefully monitor who responded, who sends request to me and who visits and who gifts me. Restricting my requests to 20 people out of this group usually gives me 20 responses per day, while sending to 50 or so neighbouts always gave me less when I still just sent to the whole list.
    It takes some extra effort but I?m convinced that it is worth it.

Atiragram

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Varinamom View Post
    I have read so many conflicting suggestions about receiving requests from neighbors.

One theory is that if you ask all of your neighbors that you get the "request has been sent" pop up but what really happens is the first twenty in your list get sent the request and the next day it goes to the next twenty in your list, etc. If you have inactive neighbors this causes the delay and is the reason you don't necessarily get your "20 allowed" each day.

Another theory is you send to all your neighbors and once twenty respond you stop receiving anymore that day thus inactive neighbors wouldn't matter.

Is there ANYWHERE where asking for items from neighbors is clearly explained from the powers at be? Just because we read it on the forum doesn't mean we're getting factual advice. (Although I appreciate all the help I can get)
    In the Hub there is an old thread where I read lots of info.. but it's not from s8 or LT staff.. it's experienced players. We try and error here.

To contest your theory.. even though I don't know exactly the correct one.. lol!
    - today I send out 40 requests
    - got my 'request has been sent' confirmation screen
    - in about 2 hrs got my 20 responses. (I did not send to Stormy)
    - send only to who I know is playing the event /preferably in my time zone, or wait till nbrs wake up.
    This is the importance of knowing your nbrs location.

In this event.. I never got leftovers yet.. because each day I send out a new 40 batch which 'overwrites' whatever I had leftover from before. I prefer to get moving rather than waiting for something that might not come in. When all event days are finished.. then yes.. some old requests do come in and I receive to send off too.

This sounds easy, and not even complicated, but not guranteed. The 2nd day, before the new 'community key' goal was added.. I ended up with total 9 keys.. even after 3 more batches of 40, 20, 20.
    So even when you think you know how the request system works.. something 'may' go wrong.

Another famous trap is 19 and not 20. Here we can try to resolve by reserving Stormie for this use.. sending to him in the hope we get a last one answer.. overwriting whatever has been already sent. Also gifting at that precise moment helps to move the delivery. It has worked for me before.

With all our contrasting or similar theories.. it's all still a mystery and no instruction booklet included. We try and of course we may have different devices from each other.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by chillababsi View Post
    Same here ..
    1st chapter took me 3 days (I built the a 2nd library on the 2nd day), and now I stuck in chapter 3 because of those beep sunburst seeds.! ..I've found one of them yesterday and one today I fear I won't find the last one until tomorrow, its so frustrating.!!!
    And another same here!
    So far I've done 5 adventures in chapter3 and have got only 2 seeds. The last adventure just gave me some glimmerdust, not much of return! Now I'm getting into a sword shortage. I'm totally unimpressed with this. Plus I'm finding all of that coin stuff really tedious. I don't want to let neighbours down but I can't be logging on constantly respond to requests in the hope that they will get through or wasting all of my energy on trying to get extra wooden coins and converting from one to another. This feels like the monster hunt functionality gone really bad.

So I wasn't patient and grew my flowers too soon. What do I do now? The adventure to get the seeds won't get any more.

Rhino Keeper
    hello everyone just wondering what chapter i should be on if i started on the first day this quest came out. I am just a little lost as i had to move houses the day after starting lol i have atkeast chapter four open i just dont want to finish it too fast like on the first page tips says if i dont have chapter five ready to open

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboltia View Post
    I began chapter 5 this morning. I finished chapter 4 last night and I got the ?...hours till next goal opens? screen. So chapter 5 is correct.
    Thank you!
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Originally posted by BarfDump
    hello everyone just wondering what chapter i should be on if i started on the first day this quest came out. I am just a little lost as i had to move houses the day after starting lol i have atkeast chapter four open i just dont want to finish it too fast like on the first page tips says if i dont have chapter five ready to open
    I started on the first day and I am on chapter 5. USA player in the central time zone, so my chapters start in the early am (middle of the night. Lol)
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Oh, thank goodness. Took 13 adventures, but finally got my third seed. I'm not feeling too positive about this whole thing, but I will keep plodding along. Not overly inspired by the prizes. I think the wolf looks more interesting than the fawn.

Executive Chef
    Still working on Chapter 6, Goal 3. I need to fight 3 more Meadow Wolves and I will be able to move on.