View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 121 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

I was lucky enough to get 3 extra Onyx Pearls, extra Scorched Daliahs and Roses and even Rustic Wells from adventuring so managed to complete this event with about an hour left on the event clock. Got the Dark Onyx Dragon, made my first collection from it and guess what? Nothing useful except points and coins. Oh, it dropped some scales too (which I was maxed out on) so, WHOOPY! I have eight other dragons and they all drop scales so what is the use of another scale dropping dragon? At least the Aquamarine Dragon drops Mermaid Scales.

I certainly hope the drops get better otherwise the nights of broken sleep to keep up with the collections required will become nails in the coffin I've been building for this game

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Still waiting for my last scroll...thought I'd be fine once the new day started but nothing. S8, I WILL NOT gem skip because I REFUSE to be COERCED in to using gems or spending money.
    Really, really hoping it turns up for you. Mine last one (plus others....) started coming in around 45 minutes into the new day.

Had to race through visiting community members. I normally pop hearts and look around for community visits but just didn't want to use up valuable time. So apologies to those 40 people who won't know I visited! Finally crafting 2 emblems and they should finish just before I go to bed, so can move to the next stage.

To add insult to injury for those where onyx petals were the show stopper, I have 98 in inventory ...
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 07-24-17 at 02:13 AM.

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar
    Given we are nearing the end of the event, the poll has been added (give me 5 mins from the time of this post!). I've incorporate the questions that have been posted in the thread. I've used all 13 spaces available...

If you haven't finished, don't vote yet. I'll keep it open till the end of the week to give everyone a chance to vote.

Please remember that all flaming and posts that derail the thread will be/have been removed. I appreciate that there may be a lot of negative posts coming and that's fine, just keep to the rules please... this thread is being monitored and our feedback about this event will be taken on board for future events.

Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    hi cavegirl and whoever has this problem...
    this hint will be late for this event.. but maybe can help in the future. I find too that glitch of our last response missing.. and like u tried all the possibilities available to resolve, which as u said, unfortunately! makes u overlap into the next CS day.

here's what works for me...

send gifts at that moment.. all 3 of them.. and magically ur last response is delivered after.
    obviously that day u send out ur requests, keep ur 'gifting' for that particular moment.
    when u reach the point that u have to admit ur last response has stalled.. and only after trying all the other usual procedures we can do.. use 'gifting' before u give up and as the last resource u try.. it always works for me.
    I will keep this in mind if I ever (which I hope I don't!) have this problem again in the future.

Good Luck and hope u make it.. u're always a great help to others in difficulty.
    Thank you

PS.. the 'decline' tab is reserved for terrible nbrs who have publicly harmed or offended u and before deleting them from ur nbr list u have the pleasure of refusing them ur help... hahahaha!

edited to add:
    it's important not to send out new requests after ur first batch.. which should be more or less double what u need to usual 'playing' nbrs.. as this new batch only over-rides ur first batch putting them towards the end of the delivery list and starting the whole procedure from the beginning again.. with extra stall time.
    patiently wait!
    Yep, I understand this is how it works and so I send out a second batch when I do want to override the first , based on responses and playing times of nbrs. Has always worked without issue and got me the last few responses I need, until this time ...

I've been going on back to back adventures the whole time. With 1 day left, I just got a second pearl. I'm so annoyed that I wasted so many gems on an event I won't finish.

Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Oh come on with the Onyx Crystal requirements!! It's impossible. I'm on Chapter 8 and it looks like I'll need 55 crystals to finish! There's no way! I only have 2 Onyx Pearls (one or two crystals each at best every 4 hours) and the random drop rate from the adventure and temple are terrible. What the heck are the developers thinking? I'm really getting fed up with this game SO NOT FUN anymore.
    We're in the same boat. Onyx crystals are the only thing keeping me from a chance at finishing. I already made all the crystallized blocks and beams I'll need. Waste of time.

Rhino Keeper
    The roses dropping white prtals [removed inappropriate text]. My pearls are dropping iron ore...will that change? Will our boars stop dropping energy? What is the point of spending money/gems on these events to secure prizes that in the end don't help us in any way to progress in the game? Could you enlighten us please, S8? What is the value proposition?
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-24-17 at 03:58 AM. Reason: removed flaming comments
    Duchess of Hooville 🔘❎🔷❎{🐗}=============>
    ⚔️⚔Proud Member (#30) of The Thuakie Sword Society⚔⚔️
    and Keeper of the Thuakie Dagger ⛔️❌{🐍}[#######>

New Resident
    I have never posted before, but always read the forum, and give HUGE thanks for all the brilliant advice (and humour) of everyone on it, particularly those that forge ahead.

I am one who usually completes quests, but this time it was impossible. I did use some gems late on, but too little and too late and only reached level 8 before the event ended for me, as just got completely stuck early on with the dalias which lost me a couple of days and was never able to catch up without spending a great number of gems which I am not willing to do.

The pearl drop time and rates was ridiculous. I ended up with 5 dalias and 3 pearls from adventures and drops, but all far too late to be of use.

Really disappointed. As everyone is saying the drop rates were ridiculously too low, and the timers far too long.

This is supposed to be enjoyable, if it isn't we will all leave, which will be a shame all round.

Please S8 make it a challenge, but don't make it impossible without gemming, or tapping 24 hours a day, or you will lose us all.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by a1mathteach View Post
    We're in the same boat. Onyx crystals are the only thing keeping me from a chance at finishing. I already made all the crystallized blocks and beams I'll need. Waste of time.
    I got to a point where I decided I would wait til each chapter before I crafted more than I needed, I only crafted 1 extra as a souvenir. Don't know why it's just a reminder I didn't complete. And I wasn't about to spend the 500 gems to buy a drgaon that will drop something which I easily recoup when the elves request 50 odd dragon scales. I didn't think it was a pretty dragon anyway it's only draw was that it was purple. The poll is so far very telling. I didn't complete, I didn't enjoy it, and the only thing I did get was an onyx boar. S8 have got to step their game up 'pun intended' before people start to trust and believe in their game again. I've been tending my kingdom, and today just remembered I'm still on the mermaid storyline. Lol.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Rhino Keeper
    My onyx temple dropped mithril this morning.