Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugarskull Glider - 2015 Oct 16 (Skull Trio Part I)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    It depends on how much money your forest makes per hour. By now my forest just about makes me enough in order to allow me to do back to back growing of Charm Cherries. I normally get up around 7:45 a.m. and tend to go to sleep around 0:00-1:00. I have enabled push notifications and configured them to be of the kind that I need to confirm (so they won't slip past my attention). When the notification appears, I harvest and start a new planting. This allows me to do an effective maximum of some 13-15 repetitions per day (the theoretical max is higher but it's not always possible to directly act upon it). Suppose I can make 13 repetitions like this per day, that then comes down to 300 X 6 X 13 = 23,400 food during the daytime. For the overnight planting, it depends on how much money I have and if I'm on a tight schedule for something that requires food. If there's enough cash and if I want to replenish the food quickly, I plant Nexus Nuts, giving me a total of 4,800 food overnight. If, however, the cash amount is low, I plant Spell Melons which gives 1,350 food overnight but is much cheaper.

When your forest doesn't make enough money for such a strategy yet, it's more difficult, or rather, "more intense". When I was raising my "fighter A-team" I did back-to-back Power Pears growing. It's very cheap and gives you a theoretical maximum of 2400 food per hour (the actual amount is somewhat lower of course, as the harvesting and planting takes time too). This process can drive you crazy as you have to repeat it every 3 minutes. It's of course not something you can do all day long. I work with computers and there were times then that I could unobtrusively connect the phone to a power source, leave it on (i.e. no screen saver kicking in less than 5 minutes) at all times. I used to position the phone such that the farms were within visual range. Then, when from the corner of your eye you see the apples appear, harvest them and replant.

The Power Pears approach is great for moments when you can do this, but it's very intense and must of course not be done if it seriously distracts you from work, etc.

As for feeding my animals: I tend to quickly bring everything to level 7. Duplicates often stay at that level. Unique animals tend to get raised to level 10. From those, selected animals are brought to epic level, which is a thing I don't do all that often as it's expensive to do so. Especially since TL started with the annoying high costs for raising several animals, it has become a thing that is only done every now and then. Raising a super rare at the normal super rare costs takes about 96K food (IIRC), whereas the costs of an ultra rare are somewhere around 146K food; 110K of which is for going from level 10 to 15. It's really annoying that TL applies these food costs to a lot of new super rare and rare animals that are released now. There are a lot of animals that I want to get to epic level but that will have to wait, simply because it's too expensive to do so.
    I do want to have all of my Egypt animals at epic level. The Anubis and Ra have now been taken care of, but the Bastet is at level 11 and the Sobek at level 10. That's a lot of food to bring the both of them to epic level. I also want to make the Goblin Gobbler and Spark Shark epic. Both are now at level 10.
    There are a lot more animals that I would like to bring to epic level, but it's a slow process and I normally only "randomly" raise animals if my food stock is higher than 150K food, which is a nice reserve for when something like a Storybook comes by.
    Oh! Thank you, thank you, ogreve! I'm going to save the screenshots for your strategy

I almost never use the charm cherries, they're quite expensive; but I guess in "special occasions" (i.e. to raise an animal fast!), they're quite handy.

I did try to do the constant Power Pear harvesting, but it gets really tiring, lol, and you can only do that for so long, without letting it get in the way of real life... So, yeah, I'll plant some Nexus Nuts overnight and try to boost my food supply with your tips.

I try to keep some of my duplicates at level 4, just in case there's that challenge "breed this or that animal" and feed it "x times" (like what happened to the Iciclaw), but you can only have so many duplicates, anyway... So, the only ones I'm keeping are the rare or super rares (like the Hummingburn, which I got twice in the last spin the wheel).

And I agree with you, we have to pick and chose what to bring to the epic level... it gets too expensive and tiring to gather all that food :/

Again, thank you! You're our official consultant here, lol!!
    Last edited by ThynaSmith; 10-17-15 at 08:50 PM. Reason: typo

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Drachenia View Post
    My first attempt with Trebra / Quartz Quetzalcoatl is Bamboon
    2. Plantlers
    3. Bamboon
    4. Plantlers
    I get Sugar Skull Glider, oh how I am so happy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	25142 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	25146
    Last edited by Drachenia; 10-18-15 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Added

Farm Supplier
    Quite shockingly, I got this first try and it is now in the flower. It remains to be seen if I get any of the others - I have yet to ever successfully breed a complete trio, despite trying for every single one!

Farm Supplier
    Yay I just got a 13 hour timer

Executive Chef
    Does anyone know when the next animal will become available and what the combo will be?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by ThynaSmith View Post
    Oh! Thank you, thank you, ogreve! I'm going to save the screenshots for your strategy

I almost never use the charm cherries, they're quite expensive; but I guess in "special occasions" (i.e. to raise an animal fast!), they're quite handy.

I did try to do the constant Power Pear harvesting, but it gets really tiring, lol, and you can only do that for so long, without letting it get in the way of real life... So, yeah, I'll plant some Nexus Nuts overnight and try to boost my food supply with your tips.

I try to keep some of my duplicates at level 4, just in case there's that challenge "breed this or that animal" and feed it "x times" (like what happened to the Iciclaw), but you can only have so many duplicates, anyway... So, the only ones I'm keeping are the rare or super rares (like the Hummingburn, which I got twice in the last spin the wheel).

And I agree with you, we have to pick and chose what to bring to the epic level... it gets too expensive and tiring to gather all that food :/

Again, thank you! You're our official consultant here, lol!!
    LOL, you're welcome!

As for keeping low level duplicates: I decided not to do that as the low level animals have low earnings, meaning that I don't make enough money to be able to do the back to back Charm Cherries growing process... And... There are too many "potential quest requirement candidate animals", as basically each of the normal breedable rares could be chosen next. Therefore I decided to take my chances by not keeping such low level duplicates and then when a specific animal is needed try to breed it then. It's a gamble but so far I've been pretty lucky in managing to pull it off when needed :P

I got the sugar glider! Second time tried with pandaffodil and rock rhino. I know it's not related to this, but does anyone know if you can get the treasure toucan if u already have the money badger? I read somewhere that u couldn't. Xx

New Resident
    I really love this sugarskull glider I hope I can get it!my id is dollyumi

Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    I know this has nothing to do with the Sweet Misery Trio.
    But has anyone got an featured game called CLUE BINGO.
    I got the pop up yesterday around the time the ghostrich was about to expire. Have been trying to download it but not happening. Then on another TL game got a pop up for CLUEDO BINGO. Downloaded that.... It is I think the same game but in FFS did not get credit for installing it(meaning no 30 gems ) but am seeing goals for both in my Goals .
    I have done the same thing and gotten no rewards either. The only reAson I played the game was to find additional ways to get jems. I bought gems for the first time to finish something last week and used a few. Well I had over 75 left and somehow. Now I'm down to just 38. I haven't used themfor anything but they are gone. This always happens to me when I build up gems they just sl
    Last edited by coolmama1292; 10-18-15 at 05:14 AM. Reason: Didn't mean t

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ogreve View Post
    It depends on how much money your forest makes per hour. By now my forest just about makes me enough in order to allow me to do back to back growing of Charm Cherries. I normally get up around 7:45 a.m. and tend to go to sleep around 0:00-1:00. I have enabled push notifications and configured them to be of the kind that I need to confirm (so they won't slip past my attention). When the notification appears, I harvest and start a new planting. This allows me to do an effective maximum of some 13-15 repetitions per day (the theoretical max is higher but it's not always possible to directly act upon it). Suppose I can make 13 repetitions like this per day, that then comes down to 300 X 6 X 13 = 23,400 food during the daytime. For the overnight planting, it depends on how much money I have and if I'm on a tight schedule for something that requires food. If there's enough cash and if I want to replenish the food quickly, I plant Nexus Nuts, giving me a total of 4,800 food overnight. If, however, the cash amount is low, I plant Spell Melons which gives 1,350 food overnight but is much cheaper.

When your forest doesn't make enough money for such a strategy yet, it's more difficult, or rather, "more intense". When I was raising my "fighter A-team" I did back-to-back Power Pears growing. It's very cheap and gives you a theoretical maximum of 2400 food per hour (the actual amount is somewhat lower of course, as the harvesting and planting takes time too). This process can drive you crazy as you have to repeat it every 3 minutes. It's of course not something you can do all day long. I work with computers and there were times then that I could unobtrusively connect the phone to a power source, leave it on (i.e. no screen saver kicking in less than 5 minutes) at all times. I used to position the phone such that the farms were within visual range. Then, when from the corner of your eye you see the apples appear, harvest them and replant.

The Power Pears approach is great for moments when you can do this, but it's very intense and must of course not be done if it seriously distracts you from work, etc.

As for feeding my animals: I tend to quickly bring everything to level 7. Duplicates often stay at that level. Unique animals tend to get raised to level 10. From those, selected animals are brought to epic level, which is a thing I don't do all that often as it's expensive to do so. Especially since TL started with the annoying high costs for raising several animals, it has become a thing that is only done every now and then. Raising a super rare at the normal super rare costs takes about 96K food (IIRC), whereas the costs of an ultra rare are somewhere around 146K food; 110K of which is for going from level 10 to 15. It's really annoying that TL applies these food costs to a lot of new super rare and rare animals that are released now. There are a lot of animals that I want to get to epic level but that will have to wait, simply because it's too expensive to do so.
    I do want to have all of my Egypt animals at epic level. The Anubis and Ra have now been taken care of, but the Bastet is at level 11 and the Sobek at level 10. That's a lot of food to bring the both of them to epic level. I also want to make the Goblin Gobbler and Spark Shark epic. Both are now at level 10.
    There are a lot more animals that I would like to bring to epic level, but it's a slow process and I normally only "randomly" raise animals if my food stock is higher than 150K food, which is a nice reserve for when something like a Storybook comes by.
    Very insightful. Thank you so much. I think you had once laid out your plan in another thread. And I have been trying to follow it as much as possible.
    Right now I have 5 grand farms and one big farm. I am trying to do charm cherries as much as possible and do nexus nuts whenever I hav have spare coins. My only problem is that my forest is not making enough money /hr to sustain this . So every few hrs I have to go back to cheaper crops.
    My top priority now is to raise both Treent and trick o Treent to epic. Also I want to raise Egypt and autumn to same lvl.
    My only service animal the K9 , the QAURTZY , and Wild Wondercat are also on the list.

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast