Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HELP! I can't no more play Castle Story after last update

New Resident

Unhappy HELP! I can't no more play Castle Story after last update

Hi. I have iPad 1 with iOS 5

We play on it CastleStory whole family. This app often falls ever more witch each new upgrade and if there are too many objects in the kingdom. S we must reduce. But now with this is no more able to play - it falls on start each time.
    I think there is a problem with internet connection. App says sometimes "This is internet game... etc. Try again." And when need more connection performance (i make speed move over kingdom or so), it freezes for awhile and sometimes falls.
    Now with the minigame inside falls on starting every time. I tried uninstall and reinstall and so i can a moment play till close app. Next start is not possible. I think if i may disable the tent and minigame, it would run. (?)

Any help?
    Thx
    Jan

Nightclub Owner
    Welcome to the club of old devices. I prune (put in storage) my queendom from all items that are not needed for the current quests. So it is rather bear bone, but it is playable (sort of).

Try to log in from a newer device, store everything, then go back with your iPad 1.

Also close EVERY open application. Reboot the iPad. That will help a lot.
    Castle Story "Tome of Knowledge", visit for: Interactive Map, Inventory Cards, Detailed Inventory, and more...

I am having the same issue. Update to baron tent update and now my game will not open. I have powered off several times. Uninstalled and reinstalled and even let the battery run dead and then charged. Nothing is working. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am playing on an iPhone 3. Not had problems before.

The Honorable Panda
    As the game progresses and gets more updates, older devices will experience issues when playing. Close out all applications running in the background. Try and store decorations you are not using.
    Also go through your current applications and delete ones that you are not using.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    As the game progresses and gets more updates, older devices will experience issues when playing. Close out all applications running in the background. Try and store decorations you are not using.
    Also go through your current applications and delete ones that you are not using.
    You can't delete buildings or decorations if the game won't load (in my case crashes at the messages screen). I don't understand how, when so many people have been having crashing issues since the last update, something else can't be done. My game was working fine (level 50 on ipad 5.1.1) UNTIL the update. There seems to obviously be something wonky with the update that is causing crashes for older ios users. A real shame, because it means that many of us simply can't play anymore. I have deleted and reloaded the game, with no other apps running, rebooted, and it still crashes at the messages screen. My "kingdom" is also meager in terms of number of buildings/decorations compared to most. Very frustrating and sad that a game that I've spent money on (gems) can no longer be played.

Farm Supplier
    I am hoping Team Lava is reading all these and gives us a way to go back to the old version so we can play the game on our old apple devices!

PLEASE TEAM LAVA HELP US!

Rhino Keeper
    Yup. Well, I guess this is one way to get me to stop playing. Too bad too, since I thought Castle Story was one of the best storylines available.

I am able to get all the way through the log-in and loading and then the app closes itself out. No way for me to remove items or delete. This happens even after I powered the unit off and did a clean start-up. Sigh. Disappointed. I do not have any other apple products nor will be purchasing any. Had I known the update will be the final straw that broke CS for me, I would never have updated. That said, the game already crashed randomly on me. Now it doesn't let me get past "just opened" before it disappears.

Very disappointed. Though now with much more free time on my hands and more money in my wallet.

-C

If you are still running iOS 5.1.1 and can update to a higher OS, we recommend you do this to help with the issue. As you expand and add more items to your board, more resources are required to run the game. Unfortunately, older devices may not be able to handle the amount of resources the game requires. If you are unable to update your device, we recommend you store a few items in your game. If you are unable to open the game to store items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can assist you with this. Thank you!
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    If you are still running iOS 5.1.1 and can update to a higher OS, we recommend you do this to help with the issue. As you expand and add more items to your board, more resources are required to run the game. Unfortunately, older devices may not be able to handle the amount of resources the game requires. If you are unable to update your device, we recommend you store a few items in your game. If you are unable to open the game to store items, please write to support@storm8.com so a support agent can assist you with this. Thank you!
    You can NOT store items if you can NOT get past the opening or message screen.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by cad33 View Post
    Yup. Well, I guess this is one way to get me to stop playing. Too bad too, since I thought Castle Story was one of the best storylines available.

I am able to get all the way through the log-in and loading and then the app closes itself out. No way for me to remove items or delete. This happens even after I powered the unit off and did a clean start-up. Sigh. Disappointed. I do not have any other apple products nor will be purchasing any. Had I known the update will be the final straw that broke CS for me, I would never have updated. That said, the game already crashed randomly on me. Now it doesn't let me get past "just opened" before it disappears.

Very disappointed. Though now with much more free time on my hands and more money in my wallet.

-C
    Welcome to the can't-play-anymore-since-the-update-club. It's a shame that no one at S8 wants to recognize that at least part of the issue may involve the update itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast