Page 25 of 40 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 05/06: Ivy's Magic Garden | event information on page 1

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by TheQueenKnd View Post
    What?s a gem trap?
    When you spent Gems without meaning to.
    If you tap on things that are not ready to collect yet, you see the Gem cost to speed it up. One more tab and you pay that cost. (there is no confirmation, no 'are you sure you want to spent 50 Gems speeding up this building?')
    It feels truly awful to see your Gems be taken away for something you didn't want/ need. (and also in my opinion, the biggest flaw of this game)

Fashion Designer
    I hate gem traps too. But, if I were a person in a hurry, and wanted to spend the gems, the last thing I'd want is to have to answer "are you sure?" every time. Someone who is choosing to spend deserves convenience.

It would in theory be nice to have an option to "lock" gem spending, like we can do on google play to keep from accidentally buying something. But adding code to a game is always hard and can have unintended consequences. Look at the various goofs that sometimes crop up at an event: and that's likely plug and play, not changing actual code. (Current google play version of CS was released in 2019.)

Back to gem traps. Before I buy gems, I plan out what I'm going to buy, and buy them all immediately. OTOH, if I get "free" gems in the game, like from adventures or dragons, I figure S8 is entitled to get them back since I didn't spend RL cash. ;-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenzod View Post
    Y?all have probably figured this out already, lol, but if the donkey drool drops get tight, use one gem every half hour after the garden naturally spawns. So you get 2 drools per hour for 1 gem each.
    The deer also spawn donkey's not always but they do spawn them.
    StormID: neferlala

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    When you spent Gems without meaning to.
    If you tap on things that are not ready to collect yet, you see the Gem cost to speed it up. One more tab and you pay that cost. (there is no confirmation, no 'are you sure you want to spent 50 Gems speeding up this building?')
    It feels truly awful to see your Gems be taken away for something you didn't want/ need. (and also in my opinion, the biggest flaw of this game)
    Not long ago I released a topic in S8 called "about changing spending of gems in Castle story" but there was no reaction from the CS players. Complete silence lol. Apparently for this reason, this really pressing issue is not taken seriously by the S8, sorry...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by stanis87 View Post
    Not long ago I released a topic in S8 called "about changing spending of gems in Castle story" but there was no reaction from the CS players. Complete silence lol. Apparently for this reason, this really pressing issue is not taken seriously by the S8, sorry...
    People have complained about this for years and years, and it made no difference. S8 knows how we feel about it.
    I try to ignore it, because it only makes me angry, and I don't want to feel angry when playing my favorite game & hanging out here with you all

Farm Supplier
    I was spawning extra donkeys from the fawns quite regularly until I needed the donkey drool. Now they hardly spawn at all. I really don’t get why they make it so hard to finish. I’ve already spent gems and I don’t want to use what I have left to speed up the garden.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by RonjaR82 View Post
    People have complained about this for years and years, and it made no difference. S8 knows how we feel about it.
    I try to ignore it, because it only makes me angry, and I don't want to feel angry when playing my favorite game & hanging out here with you all
    I understand you very well, but I think it is a mistake to ignore such a problem just so we don't get angry. I think we CS players need to work hard to make the S8 stop this kind of robbery. There are many ways, but obviously our protest about this case is not strong enough.

Fashion Designer
    Just found out the spring goat drops permit!!!! Should've read the forum. Wow I wasted all those days not getting more tokens. And I just made a second rooster with my extra tokens!!! T T

I'm on a mission to craft all 10 goats. Will someone tell me if I'll still get monster to spawn after I complete the event? I'm just waiting for a few more drools then I'll finish but I'd hold it if I can't get monsters post-event. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ham2905 View Post
    The deer also spawn donkey's not always but they do spawn them.
    Their spawning rate has been relatively consistent for me, so much so that I only need to craft two more calming potions and another two gloves, and I’ll be done with this event by today; if nothing goes wrong, that is.

BTW, I love the design for the Spring Donkey, but I wish she had better drops.

Quote Originally Posted by blazeyace View Post
    I was spawning extra donkeys from the fawns quite regularly until I needed the donkey drool. Now they hardly spawn at all. I really don’t get why they make it so hard to finish. I’ve already spent gems and I don’t want to use what I have left to speed up the garden.
    What was the name of the old ABBA song? Oh, yeah!

Money, money, money