View Poll Results: Question: Tea Party / Peacock - what did you achieve? | *4 day timed poll*

Voters
530. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tea Party - L10

140 26.42%
  • Tea Party - L8-L9

269 50.75%
  • Tea party - no I tried but gave up

141 26.60%
  • Peacock - yes

262 49.43%
  • Peacock - no

228 43.02%
  • Gems - no gems spent at all

206 38.87%
  • Gems - bundle purchased

70 13.21%
  • Gems - spring flower purchased

100 18.87%
  • Gems - additional fences/paths purchased

31 5.85%
  • Gems - yes but for other reasons

150 28.30%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 115 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 4/13: The Baron's Tea Party | POLL ADDED - PLEASE VOTE

Rhino Keeper
    Wow And the drops of clays are so poor! I'm shocked

Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    Definitely wizard school. When you upgrade it, it's eventually 9 free energy every 4 hrs 20 min. (10 energy minus one to get it.) The daily alicorns are typically 3 free energy once a day (4 energy minus one to get it.) Sometimes there's more but not a ton... Usually 4, 5 or 8. I got 100 energy twice in a year and a half or so of playing with the pink and wedding alicorns. I like the 18 energy I can count on every time I log in since I only play a few times a day... It's like having a 58 energy bar.
    Maxiandtaz, newzealander and peachtreeshoppe.. thanks for the advise..
    I am going for wizard school..

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned/noticed this yet but drops of porcelain clay are way better from the ponds than from the rocks. I get a drop rate of about 1 in 2 whenever I collect from the ponds so I've been collecting exclusively from there. I've got 15 of them set out and have just been looping around every hour or so; it's also way cheaper because you only need to purchase them once rather than buying a ton of rock outcroppings over and over again.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyknightkeladry View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has mentioned/noticed this yet but drops of porcelain clay are way better from the ponds than from the rocks. I get a drop rate of about 1 in 2 whenever I collect from the ponds so I've been collecting exclusively from there. I've got 15 of them set out and have just been looping around every hour or so; it's also way cheaper because you only need to purchase them once rather than buying a ton of rock outcroppings over and over again.
    I agree. almost 1 out of 2 ponds but probably 2 per rock but still its a lot of clay needed. The previous manticore event was actually doable for me, I used only 10 gems to upgrade to level 10 but this one I'm bored already

Not sure if this was stated, a neighbor of mine is already on level 9 and I got a request from them asking for petit fours. I'm not sure if this is a requirement to level 10 or a separate step. Behind on reading the forum right now but wanted to share just in case
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by janddolphins View Post
    Not sure if this was stated, a neighbor of mine is already on level 9 and I got a request from them asking for petit fours. I'm not sure if this is a requirement to level 10 or a separate step. Behind on reading the forum right now but wanted to share just in case
    Yes, it's on the final part of the Baron's Tea Party before the level 10 upgrade. 30 neighbor requests for petit fours.

Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Yes, it's on the final part of the Baron's Tea Party before the level 10 upgrade. 30 neighbor requests for petit fours.
    Thanks missed it some how. That's what happens when you are up past two am lol. Why did they have to go back over 20 though? Things have been so nice and without complications these past couple times when they only asked for 20...

Also my two cents I stopped chopping rocks and put a bunch of ponds out. Found rocks gave clay anywhere from 0-20% whereas ponds are closer to 40-60% so much more energy efficient and the resources are more useful as I maxed out on the rocks. May switch a little for half a day when I max out on pond resources and replenish rocks and probably will play like this every 3-4 days

I have to admit for a community event I am enjoying this one. As someone else said aside from the table the other collections can be done on our own time which I like a lot and a 2 hr time is not bad at all, not like the farmhouses. Sure I won't get it every 2 hours but plenty of times during the day even when out doing something I can sneak in for a quick tap. Of course it's early on so I'm full of optimism. I was able to make two raccoons so that is out of the way and I completed the 18 hour challenge and about ready to upgrade to level 4 so I feel like I'm going at a pace that is ok. Let's see what I say as we get down to crunch time the last couple days haha. Good luck to everyone and happy Passover/Easter to all who are celebrating
    Last edited by janddolphins; 04-15-17 at 01:28 AM.
    Proud Owner: Dolphin Palace
    Play often, help w/ requests & gifts. Looking for 1-2 40+ to exchange wisps I have great neighbors I gift but they?re often full. I gift back in order so it would be 1-2 days

Love the game & aesthetics, want it to look real/fun & true! During quests sadly aesthetics put aside for collections, but happy when over. Have expansions to improve as well!
    Still part of the confirmation button club!

Life is more fun if you play games" - Roald Dahl 

I am going to say what a lot of us might be thinking: sorry S8, but this event is really over the top. Too long and the requirements to upgrade the table to lvl 10 are out of this world. An event needs to be fun and doable. In my view both conditions are not met, cause the event takes too long and the chance of succes is low.

If you are a player without Ali's its not going to happen
    If you are a player with just a few Ali's its not going to happen
    If you are a player with a bunch of Ali's the event gets doable, but you need to glue yourself to your ipad for the next 21 days.
    Preparing in advance is hardly doable cause you burn your energy fishing up clay.
    If you are a player with little or no red T, its not going to happen. You need to buy quite a few of it. Better is to make a shrub to save energy
    The spring petal is an ultra rare drop. So far i got one and for the higher lvl table you need a lot. So you prob have to buy flowers for gems with a chance to drop spring petals
    Drop rate of tea is not great either.

Ofc all of this is for a reason, cause at the second day S8 already offers a pack for 10 euros to help us in the event. Makes sense to me after all the game is there to earn money.

I prob will upgrade the tabel to lvl 5 and call it a day. The prices are not my cup of tea. In the meanwhile i will collect from my table to collect some of the prices. I dont worry about the community price. We will all get that one in the end.

Goodluck to all of you in this event. I dont want to be negative. I really love this game, but i like to run events which are doable in the time i can spend to the game.
    Last edited by CelineKats; 04-15-17 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Typos

Farm Supplier
    I made the energy calculation .. only for the 10 sweets for the upgrade to level 10

10 sweets needed
    50 spring petals - minimum energy = 50
    100 flour - 350 with a good luck of double crops or energy return (150 if you harvest the wheat with elven power .. here the energy return is double helpful) plus 100 for collecting the flour
    150 sugar - 520 (220 elven) plus 150 for collecting
    10 for collecting the sweets

makes a total of 680 ... which is an absolut minimum, which needs good luck by harvesting, elven runes plus a spring petal by every patch of grass (which is not the case .. so easily plus 200)

for a refill of 880 energy (without allis and the wizard schools for the unluck) .. this needs 44 hours (with using also the night energy)

for level 9

25 tea settings
    150 red leaves - 150 energy
    250 porcelan clay - 250 in mimimum
    50 mermaid scales - collected with clay
    25 for collecting the settings

15 teas
    180 tea leaves - 180 in minimum
    90 water - collected with clay
    45 sugar cane - 25 with a good luck of double crops or energy return (15 if you harvest the sugar cane with elven power
    15 for collecting the teas

a total of 645 in minimum (easily plus 720, for a tea leave dropping rate of 20%, plus 250 for a porcelan clay dropping rate of 50%)

makes 1615 energy or 81 hours (with using also the energy from the night) quite 3,5 days only for level nine (without real sleep) .. and without calculating some spring petals which came evtl. on top

.. then .. I calculated the time for red leaves because I only have one red trillium (and are at level 4 at the moment)
    I could collect 3 petals per hour .. total of 70 per day with constant collecting every 20 minutes without sleep

level 9 - 150
    level 8 - 150
    level 7 - 120
    level 6 - 90
    level 5 - 60
    total 570 ... or 8 and a half day of constant collecting (I'm hoping of some red petals from the grass patches)

but the figures are ridiculous

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 8pry8 View Post
    I made the energy calculation .. only for the 10 sweets for the upgrade to level 10

10 sweets needed
    50 spring petals - minimum energy = 50
    100 flour - 350 with a good luck of double crops or energy return (150 if you harvest the wheat with elven power .. here the energy return is double helpful) plus 100 for collecting the flour
    150 sugar - 520 (220 elven) plus 150 for collecting
    10 for collecting the sweets

makes a total of 680 ... which is an absolut minimum, which needs good luck by harvesting, elven runes plus a spring petal by every patch of grass (which is not the case .. so easily plus 200)

for a refill of 880 energy (without allis and the wizard schools for the unluck) .. this needs 44 hours (with using also the night energy)

for level 9

25 tea settings
    150 red leaves - 150 energy
    250 porcelan clay - 250 in mimimum
    50 mermaid scales - collected with clay
    25 for collecting the settings

15 teas
    180 tea leaves - 180 in minimum
    90 water - collected with clay
    45 sugar cane - 25 with a good luck of double crops or energy return (15 if you harvest the sugar cane with elven power
    15 for collecting the teas

a total of 645 in minimum (easily plus 720, for a tea leave dropping rate of 20%, plus 250 for a porcelan clay dropping rate of 50%)

makes 1615 energy or 81 hours (with using also the energy from the night) quite 3,5 days only for level nine (without real sleep) .. and without calculating some spring petals which came evtl. on top

.. then .. I calculated the time for red leaves because I only have one red trillium (and are at level 4 at the moment)
    I could collect 3 petals per hour .. total of 70 per day with constant collecting every 20 minutes without sleep

level 9 - 150
    level 8 - 150
    level 7 - 120
    level 6 - 90
    level 5 - 60
    total 570 ... or 8 and a half day of constant collecting (I'm hoping of some red petals from the grass patches)

but the figures are ridiculous
    You know what. I'm getting dizzy just by reading your calc.

I think I need to rest.

From babysitting my game.