Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Story Neighbors and etiquette

Rhino Keeper

Wink How about a set of guidelines.....

I've been playing for a few weeks now, and have reached level 12. I didn't realize that there was an etiquette! I started looking for neighbors in order to complete one of the goals.
    1. Do tips cost the giver coins?
    2. Likewise what are the gifts all about and how are they paid for?
    3. How do you know what to gift someone?
    4. My food items seem to disappear pretty fast, so I figured food was a good gift. What is meant about food being stored, making it undesirable for a gift?
    5. How should a player find new neighbors?
    6. When I get neighbors, what is the correct protocol for playing the game?
    7. I've seen comments about blocking the doors. What is meant by this, and what happens to your food items?

I'm sure there are more questions, but I'll start with these. Thanks in advance.

Executive Chef
    tips and gifts cost you nothing)) so on low levels those gifts help to start up the shop quite a bit.
    visit them, see if they build anything, see what they request.. generally on low levels u need food, on middle levels u need parts and on high levels you don't need anything) altho goal parts would do, and cappucino to use it when out of coins.

visit the community.. I personally only add people who have their id on their own wall, or anybody who asks when theres a big goal going on.(then delete who gifts brownies lol))))
    (otherwise it's too easy to get pending invites..)

blocking the door only prevents the sales for a limited time (until midnight PST usually ) then it will sell out anyway.
    even worse (or better??))) any food you place in the same session as you unblock has a chance to be sold instantly.
    (maybe it has been fixed in BS, I've encountered this in FS)
    and anyway it's useful only on the lowest levels, bcz then the bakery overstocks quite fast...

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Do tips cost the giver coins? Likewise what are the gifts all about and how are they paid for?
    Tips and gifts are completely free. These appliances and these decor are what the parts build. Cappuccino is the most valuable food gift, as it makes the most coins for the person you give it to. Brownies will stay on the counter longer, but will also likely get you deleted.
    3. How do you know what to gift someone?
    IN THIS ORDER: See if they posted on their wall. See if they posted on your wall. Look around their place for boxes of parts, and check the chart for what it needs. If they sent you a request, send another of the same thing. If they have a ton of counters full of food, send one of the parts that are used by more than one appliance (everything up to and including wiring). If they don't, send cappuccino.
    4. My food items seem to disappear pretty fast, so I figured food was a good gift. What is meant about food being stored, making it undesirable for a gift?
    The longer you play, the more you'll find your counters stockpiling with ever-increasing numbers of servings. That's your profit, staring you in the face, and you can't have it for a really long time, because it'll take forever to sell off. The catch: Since cooking food = earning gems, you've got no choice but to keep piling it up if you want those gems, so the last thing you want to do is add food to that pile that you didn't cook yourself.
    5. How should a player find new neighbors?
    Politely ask community members to add you after tipping them. Check their wall first to make sure they haven't posted that they aren't adding more neighbors. Lots of people put their ID on their own wall asking to be added, take them up on it! Make sure it's a fairly recent post though, so you don't end up with them stuck in your Pending list. There's also the Add Me forum where you can add your name to the monthly thread, but June's over and the July thread isn't up yet, so keep checking back in there until they put that up. If any of the other threads appeal to you, go for 'em!
    6. When I get neighbors, what is the correct protocol for playing the game?
    There isn't one. There's yours, other people have theirs, and the best way to play is to find people whose play styles mesh well with yours. Here's mine: I have my capps nbrs, my 'any basic part' nbrs, and my 'parts needed will be on their wall' nbrs, so I can mass-gift two groups and visit the rest to wall-check. I tip those while I'm there, and the rest I tip throughout the day when I hop on for cooking/serving. If they're full, I tell them to come get me when they want my money with silly emoji faces. I keep fewer than 40 nbrs to keep it manageable, and I've had most of the same ones for so long that I've come to learn them all individually. It took a couple months to refine my list, but it was worth the effort. They're awesome.
    Your neighbors are real people, communicate with them! Some will work out, some won't, just find what works for you and seek out nbrs who are compatible with your style, and if anyone ever makes you feel bad for the way you choose to play YOUR game, delete them without a second thought, and NEVER let yourself feel bad about doing so.
    7. I've seen comments about blocking the doors. What is meant by this, and what happens to your food items?
    It's when you place an object in the space immediately in front of your door so customers can't get in. The most common reason is when you have no food left to serve, to preserve your smiley face number while you stock back up. The lower that number, the fewer customers you'll get, which means your food sells slower, and you're waiting longer to make your coins back. A lot of people have said that if you're going to block your door, do it with a chair or other decor, because if you use the host table, the game still registers sales and/or broken hearts through the door.
    HOWEVER!!! Blocking the door has been known to cause what's called a "quick-sell", where all your food disappears off your counters instantly upon unblocking, and your coin total may or may not reflect the sales. The game programming wasn't designed for the door blocking thing, and sometimes doesn't react predictably. It doesn't happen to everyone, or every time, but it's far from rare, and if it does happen, it's considered the player's fault for taking advantage of something the game wasn't designed to support, and there are no refunds.
    I block my door when I'm in my game serving and cooking, because the customers make everything slow and laggy, then I unblock it when I'm done, so there are other reasons for blocking. I'm one of those with a six-digit number of servings sitting on my counters, so I won't leave my door blocked any more than absolutely necessary.
    I'm sure there are more questions, but I'll start with these. Thanks in advance.
    Um... never store a counter with food on it, or an appliance that's cooking, you'll lose the food and the coins you spent on it.
    Hmm...Wall decor must be stored and then placed again to be moved around.
    Uhh... the closer your seats are to your door, the faster your customers can get in and out, and the faster you'll earn your coins back.

There's SO MUCH STUFF in all the threads on here, browse through them and click on any title that looks like something you might want or need to know, that's how I learned so much so fast when I started. Good luck, and happy baking! If you think of anything else and you can't find an answer, I'll be here all day, not folding my laundry!

Hello all! I'm new to Bakery Story...wow! what a learning experience THIS thread is!! For starters WHY is it bad to give brownies?? I have occassionally given them (because it was high yield and i thought that was good), and had NO CLUE that giving someone a gift of brownies would be considered rude and piss them off to the point where they would delete me. granted, i tend to mostly send parts, but WHY cappucino and ixnay on the brownies?

Rhino Keeper
    THANK YOU!!! For the replies. I'm guessing that brownies are bad because they are fast and easy to prepare yourself. Why is cappucino the best though? Aren't there other drinks that sell well and also take a long time to fix?

Executive Chef
    cappuccino gives both most coins (500) and the least number of servings(50) sells fast.
    actually in an overstocked bakery, as strange as it may seem, it's more profitable to delete (!) a pile of cheapfood and replace it with gifted cappuccino, than just add cappuccino on another counter. "cheapfood" is 4 coins per plate food, that's most of it...

Executive Chef
    Gifting food is essentially gifting coins.

If you gift cappuccino, you're gifting 500 coins quickly. Top of the food gifts.

If you gift brownies, you're gifting 200 coins slowly. Bottom of the food gifts.

The sad part - Many (SOOO MANY!) players absolutely refuse to believe that 50 servings of a plain dish could possibly be better than 200 servings of a pretty dish. I imagine they all pretty much end up neighbors with each other for a while, sending brownies back and forth, until they catch on.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by happyheartfla View Post
    THANK YOU!!! For the replies. I'm guessing that brownies are bad because they are fast and easy to prepare yourself. Why is cappucino the best though? Aren't there other drinks that sell well and also take a long time to fix?
    Yes, but they aren't available to be gifted. Hot chocolate is the other drink gift (it's buried behind the basic parts), it's worth 400 coins.

The other two:
    Croissant - 400 coins
    Chocolate cake - 300 coins

Rhino Keeper
    I tip rarely but I always accept material requests. I gift a couple times in a week.

Farm Supplier
    suburb of Phoenix AZ..native LOVE it here!!!
    I personally find it extremely annoying, as a lvl 99 player, when I post at the bottom of my wall that Im NOT accepting new nbrs but ppl STILL post their id on my wall. Its good practice anyway to scroll to the bottom because since we don't have "profiles" many players will post info they want you to know there. Also its considered rude, and you'd be surprised at the amount of ppl that do it, to just write "add me"...complimenttg the players store and please and thank you go loooong way! Good luck! :-)