Page 64 of 122 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Skylord Leaders Event March 29 2016

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by 31aug2002 View Post
    My only endeavor is to get to the Galaxy comfortably.
    Will do some speed breeding and boosting for that as I am falling short of my target. But if in the process I do jump up in the ranks table... Then good for me. The top 5 positions in my leaderboard are pretty close to each other and I will see a major race in the end.
    I'm glad you found your Pinata!

I have no hope reaching the top on my board but all I want is Tanuki, Galaxy and apples so that's fine with me. I went up about 800 points with the boost and the speeding but I spent more gold than I intended (about 80 I think).

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hiabarara View Post
    I can't join this event because I can't play the necessary version, but I still have some questions.

Is it honestly all about gold? I mean from what I understand it sounds like the people who are willing to spend the highest amount of gold get the most points because they can speed up everything and buy boosters etc.

Is everyone automatically grouped with other people or do you have to actually join this event somehow? Because it would be really awful to play with a group that has a few players who aren't active.
    Yes, it is about gold. Breeding and hatching as rare dragons as possible give you points per hour that dragon regularly takes, so when you speed, you earn more points per hour. Also, when you buy a ultra rare dragon, that one gives you more points. You can also use the second breeding den, for more points, but activating it will cost you gold. Also you can buy boosters for gold, they multiply the points earned.

So yes, it's all about the gold.

And no, you can not choose not to join: you will be put in a leaderboard-group, and you will get points. You can only choose:
    How much gold you want to spent
    If you want to play, log on, breed
    If you want to go on quests
    If you want to spin the wheel

But you will see how much points you have, and wether or not you ignore it, you will compete against 18 community-members.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kat8rose View Post
    Leader in my group has almost 40,000...yes 40 thousand points! Most expensive dragon ever.

Can not remember who, but someone mentioned 3rd place getting a dragon too...not in my game, and 3rd place will have spent a lot to not get it....

EPIC FAIL s8 ....do hope if this continues they read and adjust accordingly. ...

GIVE DROID PLAYERS THE SAME GAME!

Wow, i get confused but now my leader has almost 11,000 points. ..I did NOT imagine that! Something rotten in this barrel!
    ouch ! so many milestone ! honestly why need to earn so much ? i'm happy if i reach 4000 milestones !
    and i'm happy not being in this group
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Rhino Keeper
    My group only has 18 people, and only I am above 1000 points. Was never a competition in this group. No message board posts, no island visits, just dead silence. Definitely not worth coming back.

I'm wondering how crazy the last couple minutes are going to be. I'm guessing it will be more like an auction to the highest bidder.

Executive Chef
    Got tanuki today, which is what I really wanted

Fashion Designer
    Just over 2200 points, less than 2 days to go. Still on track for Tanuki, still don't know if the initial double boost was a waste of gold or not. We'll see...
    #1 has 2330 points, #3 is on 1798. Looks like I'm going to get that Skylord. We'll see...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by OkieDokie27 View Post
    I'm wondering how crazy the last couple minutes are going to be. I'm guessing it will be more like an auction to the highest bidder.
    Yes, like I wrote earlier, this event is exactly like an online auction except all bidders who use gold pay instead of just the winners. Nothing to do with s****, all about spending gold - and it's obviously working for the company.

I'm actually really looking forward to watching the craziness of the last minutes unfold on my board - get the pop corn ready, it's going to be quite a show!

You can pretty easily gain a thousand points in a minute using a boost and speed breeding.
    Last edited by Sandybellee; 04-02-16 at 01:05 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Yes, it is about gold. Breeding and hatching as rare dragons as possible give you points per hour that dragon regularly takes, so when you speed, you earn more points per hour. Also, when you buy a ultra rare dragon, that one gives you more points. You can also use the second breeding den, for more points, but activating it will cost you gold. Also you can buy boosters for gold, they multiply the points earned.

So yes, it's all about the gold.

And no, you can not choose not to join: you will be put in a leaderboard-group, and you will get points. You can only choose:
    How much gold you want to spent
    If you want to play, log on, breed
    If you want to go on quests
    If you want to spin the wheel

But you will see how much points you have, and wether or not you ignore it, you will compete against 18 community-members.
    Thanks a lot for your explanation! So it really is as lousy as I thought :/ It's basically like a World Event, but you have to compete against other players. And I thought you'd have to compete against all players, but apparently you only need to win against your team mates? Hm, still not cool. Maybe it's different if you actually play this event, but from what I've read it doesn't sound good... Not my cup of tea.
    Active Dragon Story player.
    ID: hiabarara

Rhino Keeper
    In the future, I would keep the 1st event as is (with tweaks), and the secondary event be a community one where everyone just gets free dragons. Or have an opt in choice of which event to participate in. One where you get free dragons for planting food, or this one.

That way, some users can feel good about getting to a common goal and pat each other on the back. And the other users won't have to feel ashamed about buying gold, spending gold, get accused of *****ing, get accused of "playing with themselves", gloating, and/or playing normally and accidently being in the running.

Edit: This one of the reasons I quit coming to the forums for awhile, all this animosity. But the events in DS and CS make it impossible not to come back to the forums for hints or help.
    Last edited by dangerb0y; 04-02-16 at 02:34 PM.