Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Leaderboard Event: Dec. 14, 2018

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    It looks like that repetitive recycling of crown information was a programming error (what a surprise) because I just harvested fir apples and get only single crown messages...But I also am getting only 2 Leaderboard points per hour rather than the 10 we were getting at the start of LB.

If they want to fix their errors I applaud that but don't change game parameters in the middle of a game while you fix mistakes. If the LB incorrectly awarded 10 per hour, they should have left it as that and waited for next LB to go back to 2 per hour. Players are counting points to get to milestones, planning what to plant, how much etc and 10 reduced to 2 makes huge difference.

I wonder if S8 even realizes they did anything to Apple farming points when they changed the pop ups recycling....and was that really a fix or an accident by them??
    Can you clarify what you mean? We didn't make any changes.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes only getting 2 LB points per hour for apples ,was Receiving 10 b4 the fix of multiple pop ups for crowns etc.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa View Post
    From the start of LB until this afternoon, when apples were harvested from farms, we received 10 LB points for each hour of growing, so a diamond date gave 50 LB points. In addition there were multiple duplicate pop ups in lower left corner showing we got x minor crowns, then y novice crowns, then another about novice crowns n again n again...maybe 5 or 6 of those n 2 or 3 about minors.

This afternoon those multiples were gone...i got this: you received x minor crowns, 2 LB points, y novice crowns. That's it, only 3 pop ups but LB points were only 2 for firapple not 10

I hope this details the change and it happened sometime after 2:30 Eastern.

Rhino Keeper
    I am sorry that no changes were made. The leaderboard is supposed to award 2 leaderboard points for every hour of growing. At the beginning of the event, 10 leaderboard events were awarded. Now, the proper number of 2 is being awarded. That would not be a problem except for one little detail. The event is not designed to be player against S8, such as is the case with the tournaments. It is a contest between individual players. Unfortunately, do to either someone’s error or some kind of glitch, the contest between individual players has been skewed. Some people were lucky and recieved far more points early for doing what others have done later. If 10 points had been awarded throughout the entire event, there would have been no real problem for the players and S8 would have had the inconvenience of awarding more prizes. Now, it has created an unfair competition for the players and S8 still has the inconvenience of awarding more prizes. I hope this does to some extent at least, explain the latest glitch in an event

Banned
    God, I wish I hadn't said anything. Yes, I noticed also that we were getting 10 pts per hour of growing food, and now it is down to 2/hour. If I hadn't spoken up, they wouldn't have "fixed" the repetitive stuff, probably, and our points would be the same. If it isn't one thing, it's another!

Banned
    I can agree, i was getting 50 per diamond harvest. Not no more. I don't know i would have reached the final milestone without it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    God, I wish I hadn't said anything. Yes, I noticed also that we were getting 10 pts per hour of growing food, and now it is down to 2/hour. If I hadn't spoken up, they wouldn't have "fixed" the repetitive stuff, probably, and our points would be the same. If it isn't one thing, it's another!
    It may just b coincidence that it changed after u said something. Elsa says they didn't change anything! Hmmm. In past events when we got multiple pop ups I checked crowns hoping we got them for each pop up...but we didn't. I didn't think about the LB points, perhaps those increased w each popup....but the number of pop ups vary but points were consistent. So i thought they were tinkering w how many we were getting.

S8 may not even know they were giving us 10!!! And not know how changing the pop ups changed number of points. In any event, it's not good and I'm sure a lot of players were counting on those points for milestones or getting higher in LB ranks.

I think they should give everyone bonus points to compensate, just not sure how to do it since there was strategy in planting and there's none w bonus points...sigh

Banned
    Actually you guys did. The plants were giving 10x points but now they're only yielding 2x points without notice. If there weren't any changes then why did that happen? You have to admit, this wasn't fair. To change the event during the event wasn't cool.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rfs04 View Post
    It may just b coincidence that it changed after u said something. Elsa says they didn't change anything! Hmmm. In past events when we got multiple pop ups I checked crowns hoping we got them for each pop up...but we didn't. I didn't think about the LB points, perhaps those increased w each popup....but the number of pop ups vary but points were consistent. So i thought they were tinkering w how many we were getting.

S8 may not even know they were giving us 10!!! And not know how changing the pop ups changed number of points. In any event, it's not good and I'm sure a lot of players were counting on those points for milestones or getting higher in LB ranks.

I think they should give everyone bonus points to compensate, just not sure how to do it since there was strategy in planting and there's none w bonus points...sigh
    I agree, we should all be compensated for this error. Hopefully it won't be with a useless white/blue hybrid dragon either (See Stormie Dragon).

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglish View Post
    I am sorry that no changes were made. The leaderboard is supposed to award 2 leaderboard points for every hour of growing. At the beginning of the event, 10 leaderboard events were awarded. Now, the proper number of 2 is being awarded. That would not be a problem except for one little detail. The event is not designed to be player against S8, such as is the case with the tournaments. It is a contest between individual players. Unfortunately, do to either someone?s error or some kind of glitch, the contest between individual players has been skewed. Some people were lucky and recieved far more points early for doing what others have done later. If 10 points had been awarded throughout the entire event, there would have been no real problem for the players and S8 would have had the inconvenience of awarding more prizes. Now, it has created an unfair competition for the players and S8 still has the inconvenience of awarding more prizes. I hope this does to some extent at least, explain the latest glitch in an event
    Well, let’s see. I started this leaderboard by harvesting 7 scalypears. That means I recieved 1400 points at the start of the event. That is without using any kind of a boost. Now, a player who harvests the same 7 scalypears gets 280 points. I did not ***** and my opponent did nothing wrong but still got awarded 1120 points less than I did for doing the exact same thing. Yet S8 made no changes? I think that’s pretty sad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast