Thread: ⚔Thuakie Sword Society⚔ (Castle Story)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Executive Chef

⚔TSS⚔ -FAQs-

Q: What is a Thuakie Sword? (What's the story behind it/How did the Thuakie Sword Society originate?)
    A:
    The Thuakie Sword first made its appearance back near the end of September '14, during the wedding reception in my queendom for Cupperbutt (fire faerie) & Mr. Purple G (purple anniversary golem). A random level 5 Castle Story player crashed the party and left the following message on my wall, "I have a Thuakie sword. Want me to drop it and say bye bye?" Nobody knew (nor still knows, lol) exactly what a Thuakie sword is. From Star Trek? A Ginsu knife wannabe? Something made up? Most likely (& possibly named as simply as Thuakian #69 Dudezville noted, "I've always assumed it is pronounced like thwack - since you know... That's what you do with it.")
    Whatever a Thuakie sword *actually* is, I had it and many wanted it. So much so, that after it survived the Great Flood named Ollie, a small mob snuck into my queendom in the dead of night, STOLE it (you know who you are!) and then hid it on an unattended queendom's wall (where I or anyone couldn't retrieve it).
    Fast forward a few weeks ... The unattended queendom saw a return of its ruler, who surprised all when she refused to return my Thuakie sword & chose instead to use it as a bread knife!
    (The sacrilege! lol)
    Binkyland then travelled to Thuan, spent weeks of abject humility serving the Great Thuan, received a Thuakie Sword forged by the Great Thuan in the Great Fires of Thuandoon, returned and gave it to me.
    THEN finally in late Oct '14, I was able to fire up my forges to make Thuakie Swords from the original for the masses, lol. The Thuakie Sword Society was formed quickly thereafter. Each member now has a unique sword &/or other weapon, forged to match his/her personality (& fave color lol).
    Sidenote: Members of that thieving mob as well as the ruler of that unattended queendom are all now Thuakians. They only succeeded in delaying the inevitable -- the formation of my very own personal ARMY! Muwahahaha! *wink*
    Aug '15 - Visitors may notice a badly damaged Original Thuakie Sword now hanging on my wall. That's because ollie came along in the dead of the night and knocked it off my wall ON PURPOSE! After I wouldn't speak to him for several days, he finally hung his head in shame, gave me some flowers, picked it up and hung it back on my wall. The turkey!
    Dec '15 - ollie also presented me with a symbolic greeting that we've used a lot with one another over the years & FINALLY became a new addition to the emoji keyboard ...a special middle finger, tattoo'd #00001. lol

Q: Can I get a recap of the saga between Cupperbutt & Mr. Purple G?
    A:
    Sure! (Best I can remember it, lol)...
    Early Aug '14 - The Fire Faerie {*credit for naming her Cupperbutt goes to Thuakian #2, Natalien} makes her appearance during the Midsummer Pyre Festival community event.
    Late Aug '14 - Mr. Purple Golem makes his first appearance during CS's 2nd Anniversary Tournament, fighting colored beasts at the Jousting Arena.
    Late Sept '14 - After weeks of flirting with a captive Mr. Purple G, a grand wedding ceremony takes place as Cupperbutt marries her amore. A festive reception follows, where the Thuakie Sword makes its appearance.
    *Roving Reporter & Thuakian #9, ollie visits and sees my entire kingdom flooded. The reception is destroyed. Search parties are dispatched to search for the missing Cupperbutt, to no avail.
    Throughout Oct '14 - TSS Round Tables 1-3 are formed, to aid in the search.
    Nov '14 - A mysterious box is discovered by a search party but it doesn't contain Cupperbutt. She is found & returned, by a badly injured Mr. Purple G! She had been kidnapped by a mob of rabid skunkupines. Mr Purple G dies from his wounds, murdered by the mob, trying to rescue her.
    *A funeral is held for Mr. Purple G. Cupperbutt enters a deep state of mourning for months... And eventually opens an orphanage nursery for all of the baby animals in my kingdom, since she & Mr. Purple G had no babies of their own.
    July & Sept '15 - With Monster Hunt Seasons 1 & 2, the ghost of Mr. Purple G randomly appeared and then disappeared before Cupperbutt had a chance to communicate with him.
    Nov '15 - Another Monster Hunt & the ghost of Mr. Purple G appeared again. Ivy quickly arranged a seance at the Fortune Teller's Tent, so Cupperbutt could try to talk to him but attracted & gave life to a horde of zombie horses instead, lol. There was no communication with Mr. Purple G.
    Jan & April '16 - There were more random, fleeting sitings of Mr. Purple G's ghost during Monster Hunt Seasons 4 & 5 but no communication.
    Aug '16 - Fiery Mystery Boxes are left on everyone's doorstep, making it possible to summon 1 of Cupperbutt's many clones that can be seen across the CS land. My kingdom is now home to 2 Cupperbutts.
    Sept '16 - Monster Hunt Season 6 returns the ghost of Mr. Purple G (yes, technically now a polygamist, lol), who finally speaks to his 2 love-twins: "TSS's 2nd anniversary nears. It's time for some more new members. Especially men! (Altho I won't turn away more estrogen.)" lol
    With that (& a society vote), the 4th round table is opened for sign-ups.
    Aug '17 - Ivy discovers a new spell for eternal youthful cuteness & presents Cupperbutt with a new magical Nursery, giving Cupperbutt endless babies to adopt & raise.
    Coincidentally, the Baron also discovers the power to clone Cupperbutt and makes her available in his tent... Even more Cupperbutts appear across the CS lands!
    *NEW* Jan '18 - Monster Hunt Season 11... Ivy was able to take some of Mr. Purple G's special & potent glimminal fluid (glimmen) that Cupperbutt had secretly stashed away & frozen, mix it with some other secret & unknown magical glimmer bits in her Nursery's cauldron and...
    Bang! Voila!! ... BABY MR. PURPLE Gs!!! (So whoooooo is the Mama, hmm??!)
    Thuakian #68 Katt sent a DNA sample to ancestry.com for a full family lineage makeup.
    March '18 - The Baron intercepted Katt's mail & demanded 100 Gold Runes to return it, so we wait....

To be continued . . .

Q: Is there a secret symbol for us Thuakie Society members ("Thuakians") to use?
    A:
    YES, and you've already seen it before, used with the TSS name.
    Once you're inducted, it's also your pin!

It's not emoji so you won't find it on that keyboard. Ways to create it on your regular keyboard can be found HERE, or by suggestion of TSS member Bla Bla Land, there is a free Unicode app you can download (search within it for sword) or you can simply copy/paste from the image above. It works on the forum as well as players' walls in the game.
    Dec '15 UPDATE: ⚔ is now available on the emoji keyboard!

Q: Is it Thuakian for males and Thuakienne for females?
    A:
    No. People from Thuan (Thuanians) do not delineate based on sex, in that manner. Therefore, all carriers of a Thuakie Sword & members of the Society are simply called Thuakians.

Q: What happens if the Thuakie Sword you gave me scrolls off my wall?
    A:
    You forfeit your TSS standing and you die! LOL, just kidding.
    The first 2 who let that happen were awarded The REAL Putz Award trophies, lol.
    Just come tell me (in-game on my wall, not here please) & I'll deliver a duplicate to you, as I have all sword molds archived in the Knights' Hall vaults.
    But please try to keep your sword displayed on your wall for other Thuakians to come see and ooh & ahh over; I don't have time to daily redeliver 80 weapons!! lol

Q: What is the secret Thuakian handshake?
    A:
    Ohhh, now THAT is privileged information not to be posted here and will only be revealed on the walls of inducted Thuakians.
    Plus, this forum is willy-nilly about when it will allow emoji symbols to work (in posts or signatures) and when it won't so I probably couldn't even put it in this post ANYway without it just showing up as a bunch of boxes, lol.

Q: Can I get a Thuakie sword ...and... I never got a sword! Can I have one, too?
    A:
    Thuakie Swords are only for my Castle Story neighbors, initially those who followed the Cupperbutt/Mr. Purple G saga story. Sword requests were accepted in-game on 3 separate occasions - hence, the 3 "round tables" (spanning an entire month+) and was finally closed after 50 neighbors signed up to get one. A 51st & 52nd were personally added. A fourth round table was put to a Society vote & passed, with its opening for sign-ups in Sept '16, bringing us to 80 total members.
    The 81st member was personally added in April '18.

Q: Who is in the Thuakie Sword Society?
    A:
    See the second post of this thread, which lists all current 81 members.

Q: Did you make the suggestion in one of the polls for the super sword to **** beasties quicker?
    A:
    LOL, no.
    When I look in my storage cellar, I see the following weapons hanging on its walls:
    * Homemade Wooden Sword
    * Meat Cleaver
    * Enchanted Blade
    * Excalibam
    * Magic Scissors
    * Day Glimmer Sword
    * Night Glimmer Sword
    * Hedge Trimmers
    * Ice Brand Sword
    * Builders Hammers
    * Golden Hammer
    * Reinforced Sword
    * Troll Clubs
    * Longswords
    * And now I have a TL-Thuakie-wannabe called the "Beastbane"
    ....BUT, I have an Original Thuakie Sword forged from the Great Fires of Thuandoon!
    No weapon gets any more super than THAT! LOL

Q: What is a Thuakie coin (a.k.a. 2015 First Edition Thuakie Sword Coin*)?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	392 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	21785
    A:
    With the July 16, 2015 update "Monster Raid", TL introduced us to 4 new tokens: Sword, Shield, Staff, and golden Troll. With no request, notice or recompense, TeamLava/Storm8 STOLE our Thuakie symbol for use on their sword token! *shocked horror! lol*
    Then, on July 17, TL changed our in-game gifting options. They removed water, fur, iron, jewels, and silver and replaced them with wooden beam, stone block, living wood, Shield Token and Sword Token. As Grand Poobah, I reclaimed this "token" as our own, lol. Let it be known across the lands that it is no longer a simple sword token, but an EXTREMELY valuable Thuakie Coin!
    {*Credit for calling it the extended name of "2015 First Edition Thuakie Sword Coin" goes to Thuakian #30 Hooville.}

Q: How is the Thuakie Coin spent?
    A:
    It can be redeemed in the trolls' Trade Wagon, given or received as a daily gift in the game (only for a limited time, during the duration of that Monster Mash event, which ended July 27, '15) but can also be forever used as "virtual money" for other goods, services &/or reasons elsewhere (game walls, forum posts, PMs, etc.) The coin image above is also free to all Thuakians to save/download/use.
    Spend it wisely! LOL

Q: How would we post the Thuakie coin on walls?
    A:
    Since there isn't a single coin emoji, let's use ⚔ followed by the coin bag with the $ sign on it (post won't let me use it here, but instead just shows up as a box lol). That's right, a whole BAG of coins cuz as Thuakian #2 Natalien says, "Well. The bigger, the better, right?" LOL

Added Sept '16:

Q: If I were to join TSS, can I just stay a very active lurker on the forum?
    A:
    #7 of the Tao of T&T instructs all Thuakians to be mentors and to help out other CS'ers, when possible, but that can be done on the forum *or* just in the game...
    So lol, yes, you can remain a quiet forum lurker, if you prefer.

Q: What are the TSS membership perks?
    A:
    What, a free personalized Thuakie Sword and an army of other diehard CS'ers to have your back at a moment's notice aren't enough?
    ps. No, contrary to what you may have heard from ollie, there are no monthly membership dues of $20 (or any other amount) to mail to me. You will quickly learn that our Roving Reporter mostly talks from his backside, lol!

Q: Do new members get proper swords or plastic ones that we'd have to try awfully hard to poke one's eye out with? ...on accident, of course.
    A:
    Obviously, you have never seen a bonafide Thuakie Weapon! No plastic ever comes anywhere NEAR my forges; it would only gum them up, lol.

Q: Could being part of this revered society endow me with CS information and an education I heretofore could only dream of?
    A:
    Absolutely! You may soon discover even *more* CS tips n tricks n such are shared in-game than you'll *ever* see on the forum. And your education of other matters will expand exponentially every time you participate in one of my random wall polls, quizzes, or questionnaires, lol.

Q: Can I make the acquaintance of the infamously clever Oliver with his offer of a broken sword and unseemly and hysterical gesture?
    A:
    He actually goes by "ollie". But if you're in the right place at the right time? ...Possibly.

Q: Do I need to take Fencing lessons?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	33664
    A:
    Yes, ALL Thuakians do! (Me included.)
    This is a matter for our Resident Yoda, who is now 2 years behind on setting up the schedule for our classes, lol.

Q: When people leave the game, do we move up in the ranks?
    A:
    No ... With one pseudo-exception, maybe.
    Your member/sword number is always your number, regardless if you leave the game or not. In the event inactive members return, their number is still there for them.
    Pseudo-Exception: A member may randomly be knighted up to an Officer position by me, but it won't change their member/sword number. That type of "move up in the ranks" is solely determined by Royal Decree (aka: my whims, lol), and not by the frequency, timing or amount of members who leave the game.

Q: Do we need a kimono?
    A:
    LOL! I sometimes wear a kimono-like dragon robe with my wooden geisha flip-flops, especially on occasions when I'm having Japanese (or even Chinese) food for dinner lol, but Thuakians can wear any kimono, robe or other special garb of their choosing whenever they like. If a tailor, seamstress or costumer joins our ranks some day, maybe s/he will design us something "official" to wear for special events. Until then, wear what you like ...or nothing at all. Makes no diff to me. LOL

--Any future questions posed here, on my wall, or elsewhere will be added to this list.--
    Last edited by NorthWoodsKingdom; 04-06-18 at 03:33 AM. Reason: Adding more Q's & A's