Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakery Update 10/29/2014

Quote Originally Posted by filochick1982 View Post
    I don't mind if newer players get access to older stuff. We can't all have the luxury of being able to play a game right from the start. I started in March 2012 which I understand is about 2 years~ too late. I've missed out on content that I would have no qualms purchasing had I been playing then. Why can't we give newer players a chance to acquire such items? If they're willing to pay for it, either through gems or hard work via earning coins, I don't really see an issue with it but that's just my opinion. Obviously others feel differently. My only beef is for older ovens to be re-releasd if you had to compete a goal to acquire it before. I think it's only fair that players who completed the goals get access to said ovens.
    whats the difference between old ovens and old prizes?????
    Like everyone i feel frustrated when i come across items released before i started playing (esp in FS, dont think i missed too much in BS my first TL game) but i dont want them to be rereleased, I would find it unfair for older players who deserve to be rewarded with rare items for their, say, senior status
    If you play with a cat, you should mind his scratch.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenKevin View Post
    Is this a joke???? Old Halloween stuff???? I am and will always be totally opposed to the re release of old items it doesnt make sense, exactly like in a loyalty program, older customers were suddenly forgotten and newer customers given the same perks. Ive been playing TL games for years now, not from the start though, but, when I started playing I remember coveting in older bakeries ( or restaurants or boutiques) items I would never get, thinking to myself: I wish I had started earlier, thats all my fault but i do accept it.
    I totally resent that kind of "update" (which is all but an update) totally unfair to older players, and just showing TL designers' lack of creativity - sorry guys but I assume its easier to re release Frankie's table than create a new one....
    only glimpse of light in this preview as grim as halloween, an evidence: why lose hours doing time-consuming goals as goal prizes will finally come out? Only good news I can find to soothe my irritation, but its hardly good news tho....
    Now i have to be honest, i had never seen the 4 ghost girls before and it might be a new item, i prob focused way too much on cute vampire baker and al. Whatever i do hope this will be a very gem-heavy update as regards old stuff so i dont regret spending so much time on goals (and btw this has just conforted my decision to stop bothering myself with boring goals) if you can eventually get prizes for a song
    How is it your fault for not playing the game sooner? Not everyone even knows that it exists in the first place, let alone that they should play it because they will probably like it. And it's not as if there are constant re-releases every single week or every single month for that matter. Re-releasing items is just a way that someone can acquire them and potentially spend money on them because they DO covet these items that they've seen in other bakeries. And people spending money (i.e. gems) in any way is great, no matter the reason, because they are helping to support the game that we love and want to continue to thrive so we can continue to play it.

And like you mentioned, it's still good for the older players because they may have acquired theirs "easier" without the use of gems/actual money like they probably will have to do, as we clearly saw with the re-release of the Breakfast Buffet for 70 gems when it was apparently a free gift with a gem purchase, if I heard correctly? As long as you have yours, why does it matter if other people can now have it too? That just seems like a selfish way of thinking to want other people to miss out on things because they didn't happen to discover the game the same time that you did. It SHOULD be a good thing when people can finally get something that they want, especially since this is a game that has zero competitive elements to it. It's just good ol' casual fun for all, right?
    I am no longer accepting new neighbor requests at this time, I have more than enough for now. Thanks!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    the re-release of the Breakfast Buffet for 70 gems when it was apparently a free gift with a gem purchase, if I heard correctly?
    I was bummed to read it was a free gift before. But yes I spent the 70gems anyway to get my hands on it. I'm sure many other players have done the same.
    I play Bakery Story & Fashion Story.
    I have too many neighbours now so
    ALL NEIGHBOUR REQUESTS FROM NOW ON WILL BE DECLINED.
    I DO NOT TIP so please DON'T tip me if you expect a tip back.

Executive Chef
    whats the difference between old ovens and old prizes?????
    Like everyone i feel frustrated when i come across items released before i started playing (esp in FS, dont think i missed too much in BS my first TL game) but i dont want them to be rereleased, I would find it unfair for older players who deserve to be rewarded with rare items for their, say, senior status
    Old ovens are usually acquired from completing a goal. im talking about older LTOs being re-released, not prizes from completing a goal.
    I play Bakery Story & Fashion Story.
    I have too many neighbours now so
    ALL NEIGHBOUR REQUESTS FROM NOW ON WILL BE DECLINED.
    I DO NOT TIP so please DON'T tip me if you expect a tip back.

Fashion Designer
    Is this a joke???? Old Halloween stuff???? I am and will always be totally opposed to the re release of old items it doesnt make sense, exactly like in a loyalty program, older customers were suddenly forgotten and newer customers given the same perks. Ive been playing TL games for years now, not from the start though, but, when I started playing I remember coveting in older bakeries ( or restaurants or boutiques) items I would never get, thinking to myself: I wish I had started earlier, thats all my fault but i do accept it.
    I totally resent that kind of "update" (which is all but an update) totally unfair to older players, and just showing TL designers' lack of creativity - sorry guys but I assume its easier to re release Frankie's table than create a new one....
    only glimpse of light in this preview as grim as halloween, an evidence: why lose hours doing time-consuming goals as goal prizes will finally come out? Only good news I can find to soothe my irritation, but its hardly good news tho....
    Now i have to be honest, i had never seen the 4 ghost girls before and it might be a new item, i prob focused way too much on cute vampire baker and al. Whatever i do hope this will be a very gem-heavy update as regards old stuff so i dont regret spending so much time on goals (and btw this has just conforted my decision to stop bothering myself with boring goals) if you can eventually get prizes for a song
    I do agree with you and I understand how you feel. Although I would like TL to release old stuff that I missed, I probably wouldn't care so much if their new stuff was AMAZING. But it just isn't. The designers compared to then and now just aren't the same. I don't know what happened to their creativity.. it's really sad. This reminds me of my cable company though, giving new promos to new customers when I have to pay double what they have to pay for the same service.. they just don't care about their already loyal customers. I am looking forward to seeing the items though, and the headless horseman idea is pretty great.

Executive Chef
    Oh I hope TL is planning on unlocking that Halloween goal that has the frankenstein table, mummy, and dracula since they included it in the teaser cause if not... well why include it there in the first place?

Executive Chef
    The Halloween goals that released those items were outrageously expensive, something like 2 million coins for four quest lines, one of which didn't even have a final prize! I only did the lab table one so the mummy and vampire are locked in my game. At least the table actually cost 20 gems for extras so people didn't do the goal won't get it for only coins. :P

I'm a little annoyed at the releasing of old GOAL content for cheaper, but I can't really blame TL since I've basically lost all my neighbors from back then as they no longer play, so of course they're going to pander to the newer customers, as those who have been playing for two plus years must be in the vast minority.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LavaRain8 View Post
    How is it your fault for not playing the game sooner? Not everyone even knows that it exists in the first place, let alone that they should play it because they will probably like it. And it's not as if there are constant re-releases every single week or every single month for that matter. Re-releasing items is just a way that someone can acquire them and potentially spend money on them because they DO covet these items that they've seen in other bakeries. And people spending money (i.e. gems) in any way is great, no matter the reason, because they are helping to support the game that we love and want to continue to thrive so we can continue to play it.

And like you mentioned, it's still good for the older players because they may have acquired theirs "easier" without the use of gems/actual money like they probably will have to do, as we clearly saw with the re-release of the Breakfast Buffet for 70 gems when it was apparently a free gift with a gem purchase, if I heard correctly? As long as you have yours, why does it matter if other people can now have it too? That just seems like a selfish way of thinking to want other people to miss out on things because they didn't happen to discover the game the same time that you did. It SHOULD be a good thing when people can finally get something that they want, especially since this is a game that has zero competitive elements to it. It's just good ol' casual fun for all, right?
    word!

on seeing the update, I am now a lot more likely to spend gems than i thought i would be, since the timing is so incredibly bad (seriously, TL, 2 days before the actual holiday?) but there's stuff there that i love and have wanted for a while but couldn't get. so i hope it's not too expensive, since i will definitely be redecorating over the weekend and will just store it then.
    I go by varying numbers of utensils in BS, and cafe lula, welcome cafe, and zephyr cafe in RS (just so you know it's me--you can't add me by those).
    I always love to visit well-designed or creative bakeries & restaurants!

Executive Chef
    The expired display looks like it should have some red eyed flies hanging over the top of it

Soo happy about this update,my only concern is that it could be a box? Can someone fill me in? Since there are tables and chairs, do we have a chance it's for coins and gems?no box?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast