Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Update 01/02/2014 Faeire Respite

For the statue, is it a first time out thing? Cause I've been going for quite a few days now and still nothing.

It took me 5 adventures to get that elusive statue. Some have gotten it on their first try, though. That just doesn't seem right.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by anissada View Post
    in the beginning of the game we could store all trees we bought.. and yes, at that time the bug was already there that the tree was 'new'. on taking it out of inventory, even when it only had 1 chop left on putting in. same thing with the rock formations...

if,the developers have not been able to fix this thing in over a year, i think they do not feel that it is important for us... how often we ask them for this option will not make any difference, i'm afraid..
    I'm late to this conversation, but I'm going to post a rebuttal to TL from a programmer's point of view. (Sorry to the rest of you; this will get technical):

I will presume there is a field in the kingdom item database labeled "Storable". Right now it's treated as a boolean: "false" (or "0") means a particular item (in this case a tree) is non-storable, "true" (or "1") means it is storable.

It is problematic for any database programmer to extend their schema (that is, change the fields/tables/rows in the database). Adding fields to the database is tough after the fact. It can introduce bugs galore when the software doesn't get the data it expects.

But in this case, The easy solution instead of just making trees non-storable is to change the definition of this field. This will allow you to add functionality without extending the schema.

Change the "storable" field from boolean to int. After doing so, "0" still means non-storable. But any non-zero value equals the number of "chops" or "hits" the item has withstood. So a tree with 4 chops on it is stored as a "4", not simply a "true".

That way items becomes storable and when restored, they retain the number of chops/hits. The players are happy, and TL is happy that the exploit is closed. The bonus is that the code to do this should be quite simple to add.

Or is there some reason this can't be implemented?

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by kikilicious74 View Post
    For the statue, is it a first time out thing? Cause I've been going for quite a few days now and still nothing.
    The statue took me 3 or 4 quests to get. Make sure you're doing the proper quest. You needed to explore the dark caves to get the columns, but the statue (thankfully) only requires searching the ancient vault.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    They drop from harvesting glimmerbulbs.
    THANK YOU. This is the crucial bit of info that should be on the "Info" window when you examine the requirements for building the 5th level. Not sure why ML wouldn't tell you this. Or were they wanting you to plant one of every crop and then see which dropped seed? I admit I didn't try that...

Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I'm stuck at 13 mithril and I have the 4th shard but not spending all that silver and 2 days on forging it. I'll just wait and let it sit in my goals until and if I ever get enough.
    Why would you not spend the silver? I get so much silver from my 4 mines that I repeatedly get the "can't hold more silver" message. Just spend it and start the mithril forging, then come back every 4-8 hours to gather from the mines to replenish. 2 days is not that long of a wait for a process to complete.
    Last edited by maguar; 02-03-14 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Removed third party references

I make a lot of armor and platters for adventures so 50 silver is a lot to use at one time for me. I'd rather keep my knights out doing their work and maybe bringing me something worth while. Got a horn the other day so I was able to craft my 2nd alicorn.

New Resident
    I have searched the vault at least 10 times and still no Lady Finverra statue... Is this another scenario that can take months to get!?!

Executive Chef
    Later Today I'll send my knight to find the Lady Finverra Statue at Ancient vault,Is that the right place to get the Statue?Thank you for Suggestions.

I got the statue after 7 adventures.
    I completed the quest today (so happy ^.^)
    But fast disappointed ! My first drop was just some coins and a blue petal =/
    I feel like i built something so hard for nothing (but the Faerie Respite is pretty though)

Yes, the Adventure you should be doing is "Search the Ancient Vault". It does not have a 100% drop rate so it will take a few tries.
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!