Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Got tricked by the "Buy Slot for 25 Gems" button

Got tricked by the "Buy Slot for 25 Gems" button

Wow, if you have fat fingers, watch out.

All my gems disappeared in the blink of an eye. I was filling my catalog when suddenly my finger slipped and suddenly I have an additional catalog slot that I didn't want AND all my gems are gone.

Love how there is no secondary verification for spending gems. No "are you sure you want to spend 25 gems for another slot" message that I could have used to back out of this.

I've thought about doing some in-app purchases of some gems to dress up my restaurant, bakery, etc. but after being duped like this, I'm definitely not giving Team Lava a dime. I'll just keep using up your server time for free since you're playing sleazy tricks on your customers.

Executive Chef
    Accidental purchases can be a bit of a bummer, I just went through this myself in a different app, but it was my fault for not paying attention to what I was selecting.

A confirm "are you sure" option would be nice for purchases done with gems so that accidental purchases don't happen. I don't think that it's done to be sneaky, some players don't care for the extra step as it takes longer to get them what they want. Maybe a TeamLava mod/Community Manager can relay the suggestion/information back to the development team to be considered.

Executive Chef
    I'll relay this suggestion to the dev team. Thanks for the feedback.

trenae - I don't call this my my fault for not paying attention. Literally, my finger slipped and I had to option to cancel the transaction.

Groupmagma, it'll be interesting to see what the dev team has to say.

I'm still not convinced it isn't designed this way on purpose after all the other threads I've read around here.

I mean I had NO option to cancel

Executive Chef
    Hey Wendy -

Oh sorry if that's what it meant I said, I wasn't trying to say that it was your fault, I was saying for me it happened to be my own fault the option of are you sure would have had me take a second look at what I was getting.

Nope, no option to cancel - pretty much a done deal.

Executive Chef
    Wow, yes I can see I need to put my glasses on - let me try that again. Darn the no edit button for posts.

Oh sorry if that's how it seemed I said it. Literally when I had that happen (it happened to be nightclub story) it was from me not paying attention to which floor tile I was getting. Didn't realize until I went through all of them and it said I no longer had any game money to use (sorry forget actual wording). I would have appreciated it at the time, but now I'll be super duper extra careful.

The same thing happened to me! The iphone screen is not that big and it is easy to accidentally touch "buy a slot for 25 gems" slot. I have lost nearly all of my gems. THere should be an option to confirm or cancel your selection

Executive Chef
    i did it too today ow darn ,gone 25 gems

Nightclub Owner
    ! Good old Blighty=)...and here permanenty right now!
    Gem traps! I'm sorry, I think it might well be purposeful. Or at least I did. I hope the dev team do it GM. Then I might consider buying gems. I don't now because I don't trust my fingers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast