Page 31 of 239 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whatever Thread - part deux

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sourlicorice5 View Post
    Lol now that's scary
    I think that is the scariest thing I have seen on here yet.

Grand Emperor
    I have to get an sd card for my new camera. It says in the manual to initialize the card when I first put it in. The manual of course does not explain how to do this. I don't even know what that means. Can someone explain it for me? For dummies?

Grand Emperor
    Its been a long time since I put a brand new SD card in any device. When you first put it in a new SD card, the camera should recognize that it isn't initialized/formatted and will ask you if you want to. If not, post what happens. There are different formats for different devices (including devices other than cameras), and the SD card manufacturer will just give you an unformatted one or say on the packaging how its formatted.

You're also going to want to get your pictures off the SD card. You can keep buying SD cards, or copy them to a PC (which I do). Your PC may have a slot for SD cards. If not, you'll need an adapter.

Executive Chef
    Your camera (which is now $3 cheaper, BTW) probably as a USB slot to transfer pics to your computer.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by RealFarmer1222 View Post
    Your camera (which is now $3 cheaper, BTW) probably as a USB slot to transfer pics to your computer.
    It came with a cord thingee to transfer.

Oh no! $3 cheaper?! What a travesty!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by nmishii View Post
    Its been a long time since I put a brand new SD card in any device. When you first put it in a new SD card, the camera should recognize that it isn't initialized/formatted and will ask you if you want to. If not, post what happens. There are different formats for different devices (including devices other than cameras), and the SD card manufacturer will just give you an unformatted one or say on the packaging how its formatted.

You're also going to want to get your pictures off the SD card. You can keep buying SD cards, or copy them to a PC (which I do). Your PC may have a slot for SD cards. If not, you'll need an adapter.
    My daughter was able to copy my Mexico pics to the laptop from a disc then onto my phone. I'm sure she can get them off an sd card. I ordered one. When I put it in I'll post what happens. Hopefully it just asks me if I want to initialize.

Grand Emperor
    For Valentine's my hubby got me a giant pink fuzzy pillow yay!

Executive Chef
    Woah lucky!!! What are you going to do with it, hug it all day?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    For Valentine's my hubby got me a giant pink fuzzy pillow yay!
    Aww I got a couple cook books from my grandma for my birthday. I was over there today visiting my grandpa for groundhog day and she gave it to me early.

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by shakiba View Post
    Woah lucky!!! What are you going to do with it, hug it all day?
    All night maybe. It's super soft.