Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet your new neighbor, Stormie!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy_Cat View Post
    Not having the option to delete him is really insulting to a lot of adult players.
    Obviously TL doesn't care what adults think.

I'm afraid Stormie is aimed directly at young children. You know, the ones who never play these games, according to TL's take on who can play.

I've had a 5 year old show me how they could tip community members, and get tips back. They liked that, but had no understanding of having neighbors. What better way to draw them in, than a neighbor who is part of the game. That will increase their very limited ability to grow their store, add more neighbors, and get them to ask Mom for some RS gems, instead of instead of Smurf berries.

Never be deceived by the motive behind game changes here. It's always, all about the money.

I emailed them about Stormy and this is the response I got.. Very demeaning to tell me this is a computer controlled player, then talk to me like I am 4, saying stormy is shy, story would appreciate gifts, ect and if I have any other concerns let them know.... I just want to be able to delete the stupid thing!! That's it!! Here is the email I got:
    [support email removed]
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-31-12 at 07:43 AM. Reason: removed support email

Rhino Keeper
    Same unified, company wide statement that they had the mods post here.

Were they surprised at resistance. I think not. I do believe they were caught off guard by how vehement that opposition was.

Ultimately, I think they know now that they have to allow deletion of Stormie. Otherwise, they will have shot themselves in the foot big time.

In most ways, deletion will be more satisfactory than they anticipated. The opposition will shut up, and they will still have Stormie placed into the games of the players they were targeting, in the first place. Those players won't be interested in deleting Stormie until they have completely outgrown it. They really need to brainstorm some of this junk they pull much better. This all should have been completely predictable.

Keep pounding them, till it happens. They're probably writing the code right now.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkster73 View Post
    Having stormie forced upon me makes me feel icky.
    Oooooh a rhyme!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDede View Post
    Keep pounding them, till it happens. They're probably writing the code right now.
    I bet you they are not.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by randomharvest View Post
    TL could easily read the nearly 100 furious comments about Stormie on Farm Story Discussion (and I'm sure other games too). But instead they start this all over again. NO ONE LIKES STORMIE. NO ONE LIKES HIM BEING AT THE TOP OF THE NEIGHBOR LIST. This has elicited more negative feeling about Team Lava even than the Tap to Manage feature, which is the worst gem trap of all time. The hostile relationship between developers and players has gotten really bad.
    Oh, you were wrong, i very like stormie, he/she always accept my requests-and my neighbours did not, i have 99 neighbours in petshop, i sent requests "glass tubing" for all of them and i received 10, can you believed? I loki stormie and i don't care if he/she on the top of the neighbour list

Fashion Designer
    Haha I get it now... cuz all of a sudden I had ths neighber named stormie and I had no idea where it came from... Thank you it would be very helpful!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by azychan View Post
    Oh, you were wrong, i very like stormie, he/she always accept my requests-and my neighbours did not, i have 99 neighbours in petshop, i sent requests "glass tubing" for all of them and i received 10, can you believed? I loki stormie and i don't care if he/she on the top of the neighbour list
    I totally agree!

Banned
    Oops. I just sent bakery story up to the cloud. More free space on my kindle now anyway. Huge weight off my shoulders.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by azychan View Post
    If you like stormie as a neighbor, great. You are in the severe minority though, and most people are complaining about not having the ability to remove stormie from their neighbors list, whether they like him or not.

Teamlava, please listen to your customers!!! I understand that these games belong to you as your people developed them. That being said, by allowing others to play your games, you grant those players a limited license to do so. In that limited license, your customers have (rightfully so) the ability to edit their games within the scope of play as they see fit. Things like having/not having neighbors, decorations, moving items around, etc. I also understand that the games are free to download and play but without paying customers like myself, you would not have the ability to develop and promote these games! I have worked for several different employers, and they all had one thing in common- listen to the paying customers demands or lose the customers. So the solution is simple. Give your customers the ability to remove stormie from the neighbor list or risk having your customers leave in droves. While you are at it, give us a button to 1. Delete pending neighbor invites (Doh!) 2. Block abusive players posts (Doh!) 3. Confirm the use of gems in game before they are used (Doh!)

Executive Chef
    I'm really getting fed up with clicking on stormies name accidently (even liked his fashions before realizing he wasn't a real nbr). I do hope that either 1. A delete option is given or 2. He is moved to community members or 3. He is moved to the bottom of our nbr list where he stays. I'm going to wait a week or 2 to see if TL considers any of the suggestions AND puts one of them in action but if they don't it may be time to call it quits. It takes me long enough to visit my real nbrs which I'm happy to do but I hate wasting time on a computerized nbr.

Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast