Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Castle Story 09/19: Veggie Party Problem | storybook information on page 1

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    I will only ever recommend sending requests to max 40-50 players, or less (try to keep an eye on who is filling your requests and target those 20 active players).
    Is there a way to tell who is a truly active player? Besides tracking people manually?

I personally don’t depend on the social hearts because i am an active player but i don’t go out visiting my neighbors much (sorry) because the travel time seems to take forever to get to some of these far away lands. But it doesn’t mean i won’t quickly respond to requests.

If there are any secrets or something blatantly obvious that i have missed, please share

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    This is normal. Depending on how many requests your neighbour sent out, if it was to well over 150/200+ to other players then you might get requests well after the event ends. Given only 20 can be filled each day and the request timer expires after day 7 unless superseded by another request (which we do have in storybooks), then this is expected. I would not be concerned about this though. I will only ever recommend sending requests to max 40-50 players, or less (try to keep an eye on who is filling your requests and target those 20 active players).
    I find the news feed helps with this, it keeps a record of who visits you and who grants requests.
    No Gems For Runes!

Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar
    I have zero social hearts for the most part so that is a definitely not an accurate source! There is no definitive way to tell, as there are just way too many aspects. For eg, if you took a few weeks off playing and in that time we have a neighbour request goal. I think you have to look at this issue with a much broader lens. There have been plenty of posts around this (the Info Nugget on Neighbours is one) issue and it's complicated.

Here's my personal take on how I play. I have around 60 active neighbours - 72 on my list of which 5 are my own accounts I use in an emergency to send myself requests, and the rest are friends who I know have left the game but I cannot bring myself to remove as they meant a lot to me. I go through my list usually in January maybe every 2 years when I have time to myself and check they have either have something recent on their board, or recent wall posts that are conversational or I'll leave a message and see if I get a response. If I see messages like "are you still playing" then I'll leave a message too (I have a template for that as a keyboard shortcut) and wait a few months. I never use social rating. I barely post on neighbour walls, I just don't have the time. I don't have the Quick Invite function active. My very lax playing style suits my neighbours as most are much the same.

When you have several hundred neighbours and keep accepting more, I think there is very little chance to manage your active list. At one time I did have many hundreds but I just felt like I was letting too many people down. I now have some very firm boundaries in place to protect my own wellbeing and having an excessive number of neighbours just doesn't work for me.

So, nope nothing blatantly obvious! All I can say is that with a smaller neighbour list I have only ever had issues with getting requests back on 1 occasion and that was a system issue back when we needed 20 requests back, now it's 18 we need. I still have issues with requests showing up on the news feed and the counter not working, but I close the game for an hour or more and come back and it syncs correctly. I haven't found force closing and reopening straight away works for me. Hope that little insight into my thoughts help!

Rhino Keeper
    THX a million SW!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by VersaceMorrow View Post
    I find the news feed helps with this, it keeps a record of who visits you and who grants requests.
    Thanks VersaceMorrow !! That helps too, much appreciated.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789