Page 41 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 3/7: The Hidden Forest (main story) | *goals and inventory on page 1*

Fashion Designer
    I didn?t need to open any new squares in order to be able to open the Rhino square (A3). At first it looked like I needed A4, but after I forced closed I didn?t need A4 any more and it would let me expand straight to A3. I do already have B3 open though (previously expanded to before even starting this part of the storyline), so maybe that is what allows me to open A3.

Executive Chef
    so since there is a big debate about if there is a WW today....my question is on goal 3 of WW, we have to **** 4 monsters. if i had a wisp trap and i chopped it, therefore, releasing a wisp & then i ****ed it, would that count toward my 4 needed? (i was also thinking of doing that in a strategic area so that it would be away from areas i want to work in). i've never had an animal trap before so i don't know how that would work
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nancys627 View Post
    Attachment 50518

Sorry if this has been asked before...... which plot of land should I expand to get to the rhino? There are three surrounding it that I can expand but I don?t want to choose the wrong one.
    The arrow in your screenshot is pointing to the elephant in square A5, not the Rhino in A3. The Rhino is in the top square just below your energy bar. You can just about see it, but it’s obscured slightly by your Forgotten Roost. You could expand to B3 (the square to the right of your Forgotten Roost) to open A3 (Rhino square) or you could expand to A4 (the square to the left of your Forgotten Roost) which is between the Rhino square (A3) and the Elephant square (A5) so may help you to expend to both, but not sure as you may later need one below too.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ShibuyaCloth View Post
    If you do the Golden Trade you can get 20 gems. So if coins are not an issue, I would rather go for gems . Now I will not produce any more ornate clothes then necessary unless I am maxed in golden nuggets, which never happened in the last 5 years.
    I know I will be in the minority here but I can get maxed on nuggets, and hate seeing them wasted, so I will at least make the thread occasionally, even if I never plan to do the trade. Tying up my exchange for 10 hours for gems to use nuggets is actually lower on my priority list that shorter trades for tickets and coins to get expansions. (And no, I don't want to do the maths on time vs cost for trades for gems to buy tickets vs other trades to get them )

Can someone post how long the trade takes? I am not up to that yet and haven't seen it posted anywhere.

And it's a shame they didn't also add a trade that used the silky fur.

Edit: wrong trade mentioned
    Last edited by cavegirl1; 03-13-19 at 03:35 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Only 1 more newborn sprite to go and I will finish part 1 and so may even get the farmhouse, which I didn't expect.

Having the full 7 days, compared to events which are generally a day short of a week or fortnight made this more achievable with just normal play for me.

I also have quite a lot of willows in my queendom. Guess they will soon be on a cycle of being chopped and regrown without spoiling its look - that's a bonus for me

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    I know I will be in the minority here but I can get maxed on nuggets, and hate seeing them wasted, so I will at least make the thread occasionally, even if I never plan to do the trade. Tying up my exchange for 10 hours for gems to use nuggets is actually lower on my priority list that shorter trades for tickets and coins to get expansions. (And no, I don't want to do the maths on time vs cost for trades for gems to buy tickets vs other trades to get them )

Can someone post how long the trade takes? I am not up to that yet and haven't seen it posted anywhere.

And it's a shame they didn't also add a trade that used the silky fur.

Edit: wrong trade mentioned
    Tailor trade takes 4 hrs.
    Last edited by tigarlilyvol; 03-13-19 at 04:08 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    today is WW day. at least here in the states it is. i'm in florida and it starts around 9-10pm for me. so about 4-5 hours
    Countdown to usual WW now TWO HOURS (in capitals so people can see) Let's hope!

Quote Originally Posted by shortdanzr View Post
    so since there is a big debate about if there is a WW today....my question is on goal 3 of WW, we have to **** 4 monsters. if i had a wisp trap and i chopped it, therefore, releasing a wisp & then i ****ed it, would that count toward my 4 needed? (i was also thinking of doing that in a strategic area so that it would be away from areas i want to work in). i've never had an animal trap before so i don't know how that would work
    Animal trap monsters count for your 4. I use monsters for my "control" so that I don't start part 3 of WW until I'm ready. I usually start with a monster I already have out from my regular activities. Then generate 2 more during first 10 minute unlimited. I am hazy on when to generate the 4th because I have brain limitations.
    Just wanted to assure you that old traps do count ("make sure there's no monsters already on the board.")
    Official game play info is on the Storm8 Hub. Separately, the CastleStoryGuide WIKI offers main storyline info, but linked and cross-referenced on pages and tables as you would expect. Contributors are welcome.

Fashion Designer
    I think I'll clear my monster during part 1 of the WW so I can chop chop willows for an additional monster during the first 10 minute WW energy bonus. Yep, I'm really hoping for that WW.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderdale View Post
    Countdown to usual WW now TWO HOURS (in capitals so people can see) Let's hope!

Animal trap monsters count for your 4. I use monsters for my "control" so that I don't start part 3 of WW until I'm ready. I usually start with a monster I already have out from my regular activities. Then generate 2 more during first 10 minute unlimited. I am hazy on when to generate the 4th because I have brain limitations.
    Just wanted to assure you that old traps do count ("make sure there's no monsters already on the board.")
    thanks for the animal traps do count. i figure i have the wisp trap so i might as well put it to triple use-spawn a monster and have it where i want it and **** a wisp all at the same time. i also wonder if collecting from the spinning wheel will count as a craft. i'll have to see tonight (fingers crossed)
    -shortdanzr aka wicked red
    [Though she be but little, she is fierce]

*accepting new neighbors. I answer all requests, but don't visit daily

Haven?t had a single gold nugget drop in the last 12 mine collections which were all done using the mining boost from the apothecary. Honestly this has been the most insanely frustrating challenge I?ve done in ages. I only need one so I can summon the spirit. Like seriously. Do you think it?s a big or something or are S8 just trolling me?