• I bought the Woodland Rider and didn't finish

5 1.86%
  • No other gems spent and did finish

40 14.87%
  • No other gems spent and didn't finish

43 15.99%
  • Couldn't get past goal 11 - too many requirements

105 39.03%
  • I didn't use any gems at all (not even on W/Rider)

98 36.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 52 of 94 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: 03/29 - War of the Woodlands event | Woodland Rider

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    ..... meh

... 300 gems-ish

...I want to build them (summon) whatever vernacular you'd like to use that doesn't include real $.

All hail the MOothraki
    Beefus
    I hear ya I'm not spending my gems on them either two enough for me

Executive Chef
    I understand the drive to complete a goal. I've done all of them up to this point. But the differences of requirements are really bothering me. It doesn't make any sense, no matter how many theories have been brought out. And having to buy a 400 gem item to get a better drop of nectar is extortion.
    This is my way of a passive protest. And I will have to fight the compulsion to finish.
    I do have the higher requirements.
    I will end up with 2 Mothraki warriors.
    Why does 1 knight need 2 armor anyway?
    Those who march bravely into the fray- good luck.

I may not be using the term extortion correctly, but that's how I feel.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I understand the drive to complete a goal. I've done all of them up to this point. But the differences of requirements are really bothering me. It doesn't make any sense, no matter how many theories have been brought out. And having to buy a 400 gem item to get a better drop of nectar is extortion.
    This is my way of a passive protest. And I will have to fight the compulsion to finish.

No, you used it correctly and I agree completely with the sentiment. I really do want that walker but I refuse to purchase it simply because I feel like they're trying to force it. And I also agree about the inequality of the goals being unfair even though I happen to randomly receive the lower requirements. It's not okay no matter which goal set you get because if they start doing this with all event goals then it's only a matter of time until we all end up with the higher requirements at some point. S8 needs to know that we're not okay with this practice at all.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    S8 Board Meeting:

CEO - I need a list of players that collect from buildings before they go to bed.

IT person - Ok. How will I know if they've gone to bed?

CEO - Duh, if their account is inactive for 8 hrs.

IT person - What if the inactivity means they're just at work?

CEO - Hmmm, I see what you mean. Just get me the list. Players who work or sleep need to craft 2 extra beams and blocks for the next quest. Also, let's give them unlimited energy while half of the globe is sleeping and the other half is working. This is gonna be fun! I want you to follow the forum for their reactions, if any, and report to me on Monday.
    LOL, now I get it thanks for the clarification, kattkrazie, too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post

My thoughts exactly. Maybe the second armor is for when his first is at the cleaners?
    I’m still at it, so far. But not using any gems. (Not even freebies). I have learned from experience that I end up with major buyers remorse when I purchase the optional gem item ‘to get ahead’. (The only exception being the beastbane display.) I understand why they do it... obviously to make money, but I resent being extorted. I would rather be given the choice of player requested items to willingly spend money on.

And I do have the lower requirements, but that only means I will more than likely have the higher ones next time and it will probably be on a quest that actually matters to me. Plus, I am very uncomfortable with the idea that S8 has decided that all goals are no longer created equal.

Ps...I loved your comment about not needing any more bull. Perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I applaud lower requirements for newer (lower level) players. And I have no problem with players using money/gems to get ahead, whether by skipping or purchasing energy sources (or walkers). I even get that drops are random, because it is a game, and most games have random aspects. But when the powers that be decide that randomly selected players will have to do more or invest more (time, energy, materials) for the exact same result, that is a huge turn off for me. And if anyone at S8 is listening, it makes me even more determined to not spend any real money to play.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 04-02-18 at 09:58 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    My thoughts exactly. Maybe the second armor is for when his first is at the cleaners?
    I’m still at it, so far. But not using any gems. (Not even freebies). I have learned from experience that I end up with major buyers remorse when I purchase the optional gem item ‘to get ahead’. (The only exception being the beastbane display.) I understand why they do it... obviously to make money, but I resent being extorted. I would rather be given the choice of player requested items to willingly spend money on.

And I do have the lower requirements, but that only means I will more than likely have the higher ones next time and it will probably be on a quest that actually matters to me. Plus, I am very uncomfortable with the idea that S8 has decided that all goals are no longer created equal.

Ps...I loved your comment about not needing any more bull. Perfect!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I applaud lower requirements for newer (lower level) players. And I have no problem with players using money/gems to get ahead, whether by skipping or purchasing energy sources (or walkers). I even get that drops are random, because it is a game, and most games have random aspects. But when the powers that be decide that randomly selected players will have to do more or invest more (time, energy, materials) for the exact same result, that is a huge turn off for me. And if anyone at S8 is listening, it makes me even more determined to not spend any real money to play.
    I have the higher requirements and like others have been reporting, really abysmal nectar drops. At this stage, I don't really care if I finsh or not. And I'm really thinking about quitting entirely. I don't have a problem with lower level players having lower requirements. But making requirements different for all players, for no apparent reason, is asinine.
    I play a couple of other games that seem to treat their players much better and don't expect you to spend 24-hrs a day 7-days a week on them to accomplish something

Rhino Keeper
    Awww darn... Woodland cow has a "tiny chance for rare drops." I was hoping since it looked like a highland cow it would have better drops

Nightclub Owner
    Just thought I'd stop in and share my drops from the Woodland Cannon info since I didn't see it anywhere:

It has a 1x1 footprint, 4 hour timer, 16 gem speed up, drops so far have been:

475 Coins, 1 Wood, 1 Sap, 1 Living Wood, 2 Coal, 2 Iron, 1 Silver.

I've received multiple items per collection usually 2-3.
    Last edited by AnnirasSweets; 04-02-18 at 12:06 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    On top of everything, the endless resets are ****ing me. Nothing worse than getting the last requirement and having it reset....during the dialogue. Wait again.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by beefus View Post
    My only disappointment so far is that I was only allowed to build 2 MOothraki Warriors...

How do you expect me to build an "Army" with only two "StormTroopers"??!?
    I didn?t even think of wanting more than the 2 Warriors, Toadlettes yes. Maybe because the requirements are so huge! Now Stormtroopers i?d move heaven and earth for a bunch of those!
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.