View Poll Results: Did you like this event? Got a Gnome? Which Goal did you get to? Prizes?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q1. I liked this event

18 17.31%
  • Q1. I didn't like this event

75 72.12%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (using gems, LTOs)

28 26.92%
  • Q2. I got my gnome (without gems, LTOs)

5 4.81%
  • Q2. I didn't get any gnome

59 56.73%
  • Q2. I didn't participate

7 6.73%
  • Q3. Goal 1 to 3

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 4 to 5

21 20.19%
  • Q3. Goal 6 to 7

19 18.27%
  • Q3. Gnome Goal

37 35.58%
  • Q4. I liked Mr. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I liked Ms. Gnome

43 41.35%
  • Q4. I didn't like the prizes

14 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnome, Sweet Gnome! - 2018 Mar 21 (POLL ADDED)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PookieBear50 View Post
    I have found that the following works for me.

When I open the game I watch for the otter, butterflies, or mole to appear. I tap them, then staet searching for the gnome. Usually it appears within 15-30 seconds. I will then do what I need to do--set items to craft, harvest, etc.--then leave and close the app. In about 10 minutes, I go back into the app and do it all over again. All the tappable animals reappear and the gnome does too. I guess it's possible to do things on a faster timetable, but 10 minutes works best for me.

Perhaps this will work for you too?

This is what I do too and it works for me as well!

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scalezzzz View Post
    This is what I do too and it works for me as well!
    And for me too!

Rhino Keeper
    That?s just perfect - NOT! Glad you found something that works for you. I?ve still only found one - and that was last night. I hard booted my iPad, I?ve tried force closing the game, visiting neighbors, searching my farm for several minutes straight, putting away decorations in case they?re in the way of spotting him. And here I sit, on step one - and I was on the game the minute the event started! Maybe being on level 99 is a horrible disadvantage? So I haven?t earned the right to have an event go smoothly after all the gems I?ve spent money on? If there are any other tricks besides wasting gems - like I did on the last event to no avail - please let me know. Thanks!

I finally figure out the trick: Complain on here about not ever seeing him and then go back to the game and he appears - one time! Yippee, now I’m on step 2.
    Last edited by griffithpack; 03-22-18 at 12:23 PM.

I am not sure I want to continue this event given the need to keep watching for the gnome and how long it takes to gather stuff. I wish Storm8 could at least tell us if the fried mushrooms will be needed again and give SOME idea how many times we are going to have to catch the gnome. Barn space is of course becoming an issue.
    Also, the maple trees seem to be dropping chantel mushrooms. They are accumulating...no idea when they'll be needed.

Rhino Keeper
    Step 6
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180322-125537.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	43157   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180322-125437.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	43158  

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by griffithpack View Post
    That?s just perfect - NOT! Glad you found something that works for you. I?ve still only found one - and that was last night. I hard booted my iPad, I?ve tried force closing the game, visiting neighbors, searching my farm for several minutes straight, putting away decorations in case they?re in the way of spotting him. And here I sit, on step one - and I was on the game the minute the event started! Maybe being on level 99 is a horrible disadvantage? So I haven?t earned the right to have an event go smoothly after all the gems I?ve spent money on? If there are any other tricks besides wasting gems - like I did on the last event to no avail - please let me know. Thanks!

I finally figure out the trick: Complain on here about not ever seeing him and then go back to the game and he appears - one time! Yippee, now I’m on step 2.
    Honestly, the harder part for me is sending out deliveries and getting the Spore Sprout. Right now I'm accumulating a lot of Gnome Spice, but going nowhere with it since I can't grow Porcini Mushrooms. I'm halfway hoping the Gnomes will give me the Porcini Mushrooms instead...

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerIreneOK View Post
    I am not sure I want to continue this event given the need to keep watching for the gnome and how long it takes to gather stuff. I wish Storm8 could at least tell us if the fried mushrooms will be needed again and give SOME idea how many times we are going to have to catch the gnome. Barn space is of course becoming an issue.
    Also, the maple trees seem to be dropping chantel mushrooms. They are accumulating...no idea when they'll be needed.
    Thanks to gdr4gon, it seems they will be needed in Goal 6 (see post #75).

tips for gnome-spotting:
    * He shows up in unoccupied spaces, so arrange your farm to "steer" him to open spaces.
    * Collect from your animals but wait to feed them while doing other chores. It is easier to see him without the animals roaming.
    * store small decorations that have his coloring during the event.
    Hope this helps!
    Last edited by FarmerIreneOK; 03-22-18 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Bad autocorrect

Moderator (volunteer) judyandthecat's Avatar
    Goal 6 of 7
    My Mushroom Stew recipe is sure to make that GNOME want to make our farm his GNOME sweet GNOME!
    Harvest Maple Trees 5 times
    Collect 1 Chanterelle (random drop from maple trees)
    Make 3 Mushroom Stew
    REWARDS: 200 coins, 1 GNOME, 3 experience points

Recipe
    Mushroom Stew
    1 hour in the kitchen
    12 GNOME Spice
    6 Porcini
    5 Portobello Mushrooms
    1 Chanterelle

Total for Goal 6
    36 GNOME Spice
    18 Porcini
    15 Portobello Mushrooms
    3 Chanterelle

Host(ess)
    I think for 5 stuffed mushroom, we only need 15 cheese 😁

Rhino Keeper
    I tap gnome in my farm, but I got Porcini not Gnome Spice?
    Is it a bug? I'm on android.
    Please help!

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast