View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 146 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Chapter 4 collect 8 times from scortch dahlia. This step wil take 16 HOURS. The scortch dahlia has a harvest time of 2 hours.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelinda View Post
    Chapter 4 collect 8 times from scortch dahlia. This step wil take 16 HOURS. The scortch dahlia has a harvest time of 2 hours.
    hopefully the temple will start dropping dahlias. Or the adventure.

Who has seen the new $10 pack with two scorched dahlias and 15 min unlimited energy? Plus you get some petals and whatnot in storage. I so want to do it, but $10!!!! Although those dahlias are 100 gems! What to do!?
    Play in my Queendom everyday, but newer to the forum! Would love to make some friends who are active in the forum!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by karak71 View Post
    Who has seen the new $10 pack with two scorched dahlias and 15 min unlimited energy? Plus you get some petals and whatnot in storage. I so want to do it, but $10!!!! Although those dahlias are 100 gems! What to do!?
    i know what I'm going to do. My choice is to not buy. I don't like this tactic at all. I have willingly spent gems in the past.

Farm Supplier
    really want a the dragon but the onyx petals seem to make this goal impossible. only one drops every 2 hours and sometime the adventure drops it. anyone know any other way i can get without spending any money

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by confuzzled88 View Post
    really want a the dragon but the onyx petals seem to make this goal impossible. only one drops every 2 hours and sometime the adventure drops it. anyone know any other way i can get without spending any money
    Unfortunately, I can't come up with any ideas to help with the onyx petals other than consistently collecting from the 3 sources - the dahlia, the adventure, and the temple. This might be a quest geared towards gemmers. It's going to require a lot of work to succeed without using some gems. The Chapter 7 upgrade is even harder. Good luck, everyone. Luck will definitely be necessary.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by netwiz3 View Post
    I've gotten a total of 24 onyx petals from all sources(adventures, temple, and Scorched dahlia) since Thursday. I gemmed to get to Chapters 2,3,4 and now 5 early but otherwise haven't sped anything up... I also finallly got a 2nd Scorched dahlia to drop from the temple...(however like you it only dropped a wing on first collection)

Hopefully you luck will be better than mine... Not easy to "catch up" on future days either since chapter 5 needs 15 onyx petal and chapter 6 needs 20.
    When the adventure gave me the onyx petals, the game reset and the onyx petals were gone. Bad luck...if it continues, may stop this event and focus on mermaid quest instead. Good luck to all on the onyx petals...

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by gracelinda View Post
    I wasn't impressed either. I've collected I think 4 times so far, I did wake up later than normal today but only 3 onyx petals and one was from an adventure. I'm not going to start the next chapter on time, don't think that's ever happened to me. How we're supposed to get 20 in a following up grade, and at this rate to get 15 to upgrade this chapter might take me into the last few hours of the second day when I should be finishing chapter 5!
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    i know what I'm going to do. My choice is to not buy. I don't like this tactic at all. I have willingly spent gems in the past.
    Ditto! I have willingly spent both other times unlimited energy was offered. Not because I felt I 'needed' to, but because I wanted to play a little faster and get ahead. And because the events were fun!

This time, energy is not an issue. The dahlia has a two hour timer and my first drop was a purple petal (For 2 hours and at a 100 gem cost, onyx petals should be a guaranteed drop. The fact that it is not, is why I will not be buying one.) The temple timer is 7 hours 45 minutes at level 3, and the adventure takes 2 hours. I don't need that much energy to collect from those things. (Plus the limit on crystals and crystal wood is 99.....no need to chop frantically for 15 minutes, those items max quickly.)

It feels like the last few months where we were pressured to spend to get ahead. I have said it before and I will repeat.....I will not spend money on this game when I feel forced to do so. I have proven to myself that I can ~~ Let It Go ~~ if need be. I'd like to get the dragon, but I won't be 'buying' it.

The temple has actually dropped 2 rose plants since my post yesterday.....let's see if this one will bring a few dahlias. If not, looks like I'll be getting a few pet boars and a rose garden this time around. Good luck everyone!

Ps. S8, I only spend money on the game when I'm happy with the game. I realize my not spending won't hurt your bottom line, but it will make me feel better.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kattkrazie View Post
    Unfortunately, I can't come up with any ideas to help with the onyx petals other than consistently collecting from the 3 sources - the dahlia, the adventure, and the temple. This might be a quest geared towards gemmers. It's going to require a lot of work to succeed without using some gems. The Chapter 7 upgrade is even harder. Good luck, everyone. Luck will definitely be necessary.
    Thank you Katt for all the valuable information. Do you know, where about in the event, the Scorched adventure glitch started to happen? Was it after the players finished the storybook goal for taming the boar? Does anything helpful drop from the pet boar? Thank you!