Quote Originally Posted by nyrrem View Post
    Want a joke?

Knock, knock
    Who's there?
    The best milestone prize,
    The best milestone prize who?
    8000 coins.

��
    Wait until you get 10 expansion maps...........

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennedward View Post
    Just checked again, now my group's points are:

1. 2600
    2 to 4. 1400-1600
    5 to 10. 800
    11 to 14. 700
    15 to 20. 600

Like I mentioned, I don't like the way my group has 4 players boosting, I wonder how many of them gets the idea that only top 2 wins dragon prizes? Ah well, not my gold nor my money
    To get the final milestone, one must accumulate an average of 820 points per day. I don't know about you/your opponents, but I cannot accumulate 820 points per day without some help. Boosting is one way to get there. Collecting from the 150 gold item might be enough for others. Being SUPER lucky with spins and milestones certainly helps, but you can't count on those options.

One must also factor in real life - work, family, community, other commitments. One might have extra time today, but not be available at some future point in the leaderboard. Or they could just be out for first place. We can't know their intentions until they are above the final milestone threshold.

Regardless, one can only play one's own game. ;-)

Good luck everybody! :-)

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    Wait until you get 10 expansion maps...........
    I AM the lucky one!!!!! Got exactly that.. Wooow, how very thrilling it was I can't put into words!!!

Rhino Keeper
    Super glad I have only gotten telescopes on my spins. Can never have enough telescopes.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9krm View Post
    Super glad I have only gotten telescopes on my spins. Can never have enough telescopes.
    Are you sure you don't need any of those super rare Stellar Steps?

Ugh. I've only gotten one telescope so far- it wouldn't be bad if it were a 1-square item. At 4-squares, it's as big as the dang dragons!
    Sending you positive vibes for better spins!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by FireballFarm View Post
    Are you sure you don't need any of those super rare Stellar Steps?

Ugh. I've only gotten one telescope so far- it wouldn't be bad if it were a 1-square item. At 4-squares, it's as big as the dang dragons!
    Sending you positive vibes for better spins!
    I didn't know they were huge. That's too big!
    Thanks! You too

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbmommy View Post
    The only complaint I have is when a level 32 player is placed against level 60+ players, he's the lowest level by a lot. That's what happened to my son. He's currently in 4th place and luckily everyone else isn't going gold spending crazy yet.

However, the problem I have with it, is that he's not a high enough level to have an even playing field. He CANNOT purchase some items that the others have because they are still locked for him, even some gold spending items. He CANNOT open up Artic Isles because it is still locked for him. He doesn't have the mines (to try and get extra food) because they are still locked. All of his competitors have the items that are LOCKED to him.

He was really upset about it last night, but has calmed down a bit. I'm going to help him get the milestone prizes he can, but with only 1 nest, 1 breeding thing and 1 evolution temple it won't be easy. Hopefully a boost here or there will help him out (like when he evolves his diamond, he'll put a stored egg on the nest to hatch at the same time) towards that goal. He's breeding red and green only right now - there are only 6 possible dragons and the only common in the bunch is a 3 hour life. He cannot get the 12 hour dino yet, so his max breeding time is 8 hours. It's a good strategy at his level for this competition. He's been getting a lot of tree frogs that he feeds and trades for gemstones, so it makes him happy overall.
    Oh, man. I feel so bad for your son.
    For (most of) us adults, I think it's easier to let go of the idea of winning the big 'grand prize' and be satisfied by just playing for the milestones. For a kid, that's not so easy to do.

They really need to do a better, more fair job of organizing the groupings. There have to be hundreds of other players at or near the same level as your son. It makes no sense that those players are not grouped together. No sense, at all. But, sadly, S8 appears to be deaf to any and all concrit about this event. They still can't manage to get the Android and iOS players properly separated, even after months of player complaints.
    I've been thinking for a while now that S8 likes putting players at a significant disadvantage because they think it will make those players spend gold in order to catch up. I really think they do it on purpose as an underhanded attempt at making more money (kind of like how they refuse to add a gold confirmation button).

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymieb2 View Post
    To get the final milestone, one must accumulate an average of 820 points per day. I don't know about you/your opponents, but I cannot accumulate 820 points per day without some help. Boosting is one way to get there. Collecting from the 150 gold item might be enough for others. Being SUPER lucky with spins and milestones certainly helps, but you can't count on those options.

One must also factor in real life - work, family, community, other commitments. One might have extra time today, but not be available at some future point in the leaderboard. Or they could just be out for first place. We can't know their intentions until they are above the final milestone threshold.

Regardless, one can only play one's own game. ;-)

Good luck everybody! :-)
    Well so far I see them boosting not just daily, but several times a day, so I seriously doubt they are simply trying to get all the milestones

Especially after visiting their islands, they are actually low level players without any gold producing dragons, except for 1 who has all the gold producing dragons like me

But regardless, even just aiming for milestones, I still don't feel like that justifies spending gold just to get the milestones

Seriously, the game gives new dragons every week, it's impossible to keep up, spending gold isn't wise to get a few dragons that are not new, when many other new dragons will be upcoming
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Nightclub Owner
    My group now:

1 & 2. 2800
    3. 2500
    4 to 6. 1700
    7. 1100
    8 to 20. all round 800 to 700

It seems pretty clear who are boosting and who didn't, ah well, as always, I don't care for leaderboard prizes, if I get some I get some, but I don't, I won't bother
    625 unique dragons
    - 9/9 Prime dragons
    - 5 Demolition dragons
    - 12/13 Gold producing dragons
    - 19/20 Diamond dragons (All LV15)

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast