Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story: Desert Night World Event | EXPIRED

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    NOTE: For Beating the Sands of Time Part 2: DO NOT craft desert jewels until you collect all 50 jewel fragments!!!

I had 26/50 jewel fragments in the goal book and in inventory, so I decided to risk it and craft jewels. Now the goal book is showing 1/50 jewel fragments.

It should read 'have' not 'collect'
    This has been updated! Thanks for letting us and the S8 team know, since "have" completed the task and makes more sense for what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by federerGOAT View Post
    Beating the sands of time part 3

Attachment 32730

Don't think I will do this side quest.
    Three hour adventure for a return of 2-4 silks is not worth it imo.
    If someone can report back with quantities from the prize, that'd be the determining factor for me. If I can send out the quest at wake up, dinner and bedtime for 8 days, I could do it... But 8 regular adventures have better yields. What is the timer on this side goal?

Edit to add - 6 days stated in earlier post found. So 4 per day... That might be too hard with a 3 hr lag. This is why I LIKE 30 min adventures, ha! Still reading to see if drop quantity has been determined...

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    My part II (timed goal) just popped minutes ago, and it says "Have". I don't know if that's a quick fix or not though, I'm kind of behind on quests. Part I for sure was "Collect"...so looks like a fix? : /
    Mine now says 'have' also. Now I'm questioning my sanity. ...but I'm almost positive it did say 'collect'. (Gotta start making it a habit to take screen shots!) In fact, it's still 'collect' on page one, which leads me to believe that's how it was originally. It looks like the change in wording was, indeed, the fix. It's taken me all day but I'm back up to 21/50.
    It's a catch 22....we need to use the fragments to craft jewels in order to get individual prizes and unlock the community. But we also have to keep them in order to complete the side goals. The good news is the craft only takes an hour, we can do 2 at a time using both forges. (Once the side goal is completed.)
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Mine now says 'have' also. Now I'm questioning my sanity. ...but I'm almost positive it did say 'collect'. In fact, it's still 'collect' on page one, which leads me to believe that's how it was originally. It looks like the change in wording was, indeed, the fix. It's taken me all day but I'm back up to 21/50.
    It's a catch 22....we need to use the fragments to craft jewels in order to get individual prizes and unlock the community. But we also have to keep them in order to complete the side goals. The good news is the craft only takes an hour, we can do 2 at a time using both forges.
    It does check off as done when you get that qty, so it's not like you have to get that full qty above and beyond what you need to craft. If you need 50 though, yes, wait until it checks off before crafting. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by arikasi View Post
    The essence pool drops wisps and it is so rare I never had it happen.

Golden nuggets from the finished palace might be just like that, possible but so unlikely you see it twice a year if you are lucky.

However, I really hope it drops them often. ��
    I get frequent gold eggs from the Griffen. Every fourth or fifth collection maybe? It's possible it'll be not super rare.

Quote Originally Posted by oreoblaster View Post
    Was my "collected" sand count for Desert Flower III supposed to drop back down to 30 when I used 60 sands to upgrade the castle?
    Yes. You need to have the full amount in inventory to get it checked off. After it is checked off, then do the rest of the tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by peachtreeshoppe View Post
    It does check off as done when you get that qty, so it's not like you have to get that full qty above and beyond what you need to craft. If you need 50 though, yes, wait until it checks off before crafting. Does that make sense?
    The reason I'm questioning my sanity is because I'm the one who originally posted that the word "collect" was misleading. The fact that it now says 'have' made me wonder if I'd been seeing things. Lol!

I decided to test it out this morning, and used 25 of the 26 I'd already collected. So I've already started over. 22/50 currently.
    I should have trusted my instincts, because the sand worked the same way in the regular goals.
    On the bright side, I'm waaaay ahead on sand!
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Quote Originally Posted by Solientus View Post
    I think this is quite different, in my opinion.
    With Old Thomas (1.5H), Conservatory (2H), Tavern (8H), and Market Place (22H) as collection sources for the glass - this event is very flexible.
    While Old T's place you can only have one of, the Conservatory only takes a tad longer. If you can only check into the game in the morning and afternoon - you have 8H and 22H options to choose from. Also that the buildings are split between "Royal" and "Town" catagories, then it's up to the ruler to decide based on what they have room for.

I'm sure there's quite a few people that don't want to clutter their kingdoms or have to construct more buildings, which is totally fine too, but the options are there. You can have 10 Market Places if you want because you only want to collect in the morning or you can have 6 Conservatorys because you have the time throughout the day, or have 15 of everything!

Another thing that's nice is that (although it isn't accessable from the "?" on the Community Progress page) they laid out for us what our options were for source buildings. I'm glad stargaze91 posted up the screenshot so we wouldn't have to be stuck hunting and pecking about our kingdoms. I honestly thought the hint page would be available in-game to look at later, so I didn't write it all down. Thanks again sg91.

...don't get me talking about the Jewel Fragments though...lol
    Absolutely agree. This is doable and patience is key in these events as the event building itself grows exponentially in what it gives, with a sort collection time. The items needed for upgrade come from a wide variety of places. If people don't want to change the look of their kingdom, that's your prerogative.

Rhino Keeper
    The reason I'm questioning my sanity is because I'm the one who originally posted that the word "collect" was misleading. Lol!
    You're not crazy!

The quests originally went out with the word "Collect," we updated it to "Have" based on everyone's feedback We're investigating better ways to handle these kinds of tasks for future quests.

Hope everyone's enjoying the event! Keep posting your feedback, we're all watching the thread and playing on our own accounts Good luck!

The reason I'm questioning my sanity is because I'm the one who originally posted that the word "collect" was misleading. The fact that it now says 'have' made me wonder. Lol!

I decided to test it out this morning, and used 25 of the 26 I'd already collected. So I've already started over. 22/50 currently.
    I should have trusted my instincts, because the sand works the same way in the regular goals.
    On the bright side, I'm waaaay ahead on sand!
    Yes, I think it was a fix thanks to your heads up because I had collect when I left for work but it said "have" when I got home!