Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Update failure from 1.2.5.4g to 1.5.0.3g on Android

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by brews3 View Post
    I currently have Castle Story on 2 ipads and play fine between the both of them
    However I am considering getting an Android phone.
    My question is, can I play on the ipad in the morning, then Android on the phone while at work, then ipad in the evening?
    I know some gameplay is limited on Android compared to iOS and I don't know if those servers "talk to each other"? If that makes sense.
    Thanks!
    Yes you can play on multiple devices with the one account. I do it on my main account if i recall correctly you can sync them through restaurant story2 which stores your storm8 id which in turn will sync your castle story account which afterwards if you don't like restaurant story its safe too get rid of but will keep your castle story synching together.

EDIT: Forgot to say 1 is android and 1 is ios
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

Rhino Keeper
    I've installed 1.5.0.6g on my Android without problems as well and the menus are better in the right order and managed to use all my energy without the game crashing which is so much better. There's a little bit of game lag but that may be due to my old S3 phone. Thanks S8 for the fix.
    Last edited by bald1e; 06-21-16 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Added thanks.
    -------------------------------------------------Signature ----------------------------------------------------------

WILL NEVER BUY GEMS UNTIL THE PURPLE ALICORN GETS THE 40 ENERGY BACK THAT WAS ADVERTISED

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    We have that dead spot too in IOS. It's on the right side starting with the goal or value pack and goes all the way down to the Market icon. It is very frustrating when you're trying to do things there and the screen doesn't respond.
    I asked about this a few weeks ago & was told its space reserved for packs, and other items to display there. Why they need the whole right side though is beyond me.
    How weird. The left side, where ads for games go, isn't a dead spot, so it's not like they don't know how to code a spot to sometime show an icon and sometimes work for the game.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    It looks like you have been able to watch a few videos and earn rewards. Does it require you to force close the game in order for the video to work?
    Thank you for your continuing interest. I have so far received (from memory) 3 gems and 1 cabbage from a total of about 15-20 videos watched. For every video watched there are at least 5 occasions when it has failed to load. This gives an overall success rate of around 3%. I know what you never had you never miss, but I was really excited about the progress towards parity for Android.

This is a typical sequence of events:-

Open icon and click "watch"

Message "Sorry the video failed to load. Please try again later".

Repeat once or twice.

Screen goes grey "something is happening" symbol. I don't know what the name is, but it looks like a catherine wheel.

Message "Error. We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again. Dismiss.

Repeat 2-3 times

Watch video if it loads, making sure it has finished. Close screen.

Message "Video did not finish. Would you like to watch another video to earn a free Gems?"

Repeat 2-3 times.

Game crashes!!!!

Repeat as often as I can keep my patience.

Anything you can do would be appreciated. I have installed the new version of the update, and the menus and ruler movements are now fixed - thank you.

New Resident
    Since the update I have problems with visiting my neighbours. For some reason visiting some just works normal but for others the game shuts down as soon as I visit their place or try to write to their wall.
    Others having the same issue?

New Resident
    Hi,

I just checked my phone and noticed that data-consumption of CS has jumped significantly since the update. This will impact my monthly usage-plan. May be due to many crashes and logins, but it's a problem as it is.

Regards,
    P.
    Last edited by Fazziona; 06-23-16 at 02:35 AM.

My Android has updated castle story. It won't work. I have uninstalled the game. Reinstalled it. I have cleaned my tablet, and restarted it.
    It then allowed me to actually get onto the game. Empty my potion shop, kitchen. Then crashed on me again. So now I am back to a loading screen that won't load, then crashes.
    I am so disappointed in this, and to be honest nothing more I can do. Other than hope its all fixed soon.
    This was one of my favourite games. I never had issues in the past. Now....well. I just hope it's all fixed.
    I understand that 'updates' need bugs removing etc. But surely this should have been tested etc before releasing the game back to us loyal players. Hope it's fixed soon.

Looks like the scrolling is working better now. The space above the Edit and Market buttons and below the "sale on gems" is the only space that won't allow you to move the screen around.

Rhino Keeper
    When I take a building or decoration out of inventory, it snaps to the closest area that it will fit, but then it won't let me move it before hitting the check mark to place it. If I want it moved, I have to place it where it snapped to, then pick it up and move it.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazziona View Post
    Hi,

I just checked my phone and noticed that data-consumption of CS has jumped significantly since the update. This will impact my monthly usage-plan. May be due to many crashes and logins, but it's a problem as it is.

Regards,
    P.
    Yes I have found that too.I have never had a data issue in a the year I've been playing CS, until the last few days when the consumption has been huge. I will have to restrict my playing when away from home now. I hope this is not a new feature.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast