Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BBQ Quest event

Fashion Designer
    Potato salad will need 20 mustards for one star mastery.

You know what I just thought of. The water should drop bbq sauce like it did the ice cream. Then we would just use mustard for the salad. Yep great idea.

Farm Supplier
    20 BBQ sauces for each of four recipes = 80 BBQ sauces. Each BBQ sauce requires 3 mustards = 240 mustards. There is a 15 day window = 16 mustards a day. Uncle Sam is dropping 1 mustard every half hour. You want us to commit at minimum 8 hours of our day to checking on your game for over 2 weeks? This isn't even taking into account the mustards needed for the potato salad. (With 20 needed for 1 star mastery, so the quest will take at LEAST 60 mustards or an extra 4 mustards a day, bringing it up to 10 hours a day)

Seriously, do the people who dream this [] up give enough thought to what they are asking for? Playing these games that devoutly is hopefully not the lifestyle of any of the players of it, it seemingly precludes having a full time occupation or meaningful social life. This is as bad as the stupid egg game, where clearly someone didn't think the parameters through. I almost deleted the whole game over the ridiculousness of that one but fortunately they took measures to fix it. I sincerly hope your designers of this task reconsider the parameters of this one and fix it.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 06-25-15 at 10:31 AM. Reason: removed inappropriate word/comment discussing filter

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by mommiedrayke View Post
    You know what I just thought of. The water should drop bbq sauce like it did the ice cream. Then we would just use mustard for the salad. Yep great idea.
    Yes, or at least mustard. I'd be happy with that. Or Sam could drop sauce. Lots of options besides what we (don't) have.

I agree that this event is almost impossible , I've got 2 BBQ sauces done and one cooking - at this rate I'll only be able to learn one or possibly 2 recipes in the 15 days. I consider that I play quite a lot but can't be checking in every 30 mins in the hope of seeing Uncle Sam.

I presume he'll disappear after the event - all these special customers are getting a bit much!

Why dont yall give out mustard with the water?

Rhino Keeper
    Uncle sam just dropped 4 mustard. But begore that drpped 6 times 1 mustard. Maybe they adjusted the rate because i didnt see anyone mentioning getting 4 mustard before.

I've had more than 1 mustard at a time on a few occasions already. Four is the most, but I've also had three more than once.

It's really just a case of being patient, although that's easier said than done if you're unable to manage much game time.
    Proud owner of The Garlic Tree restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by lorettasapron View Post
    I've had more than 1 mustard at a time on a few occasions already. Four is the most, but I've also had three more than once.

It's really just a case of being patient, although that's easier said than done if you're unable to manage much game time.
    Yah, I think this is just another example of this game not really being meant for casual players. At least, the events definitely aren't. The slow, easy pacing of RS1 just doesn't apply here. It works for me right now, but I'm fully aware I'll be ditching this game once I have less spare time to spend on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Memaw2003 View Post
    How do I ask a question about the game?

Fashion Designer
    It does seem like a lot of work to get all these recipes. I think it's possible but takes checking the game every hour or so. I wish this man would drop 3 mustards or more each visit. It's the second day so hopefully I can get all recipes in the end.

Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast