Quote Originally Posted by ciarjen View Post
Of course they are aware of the situation. I would suggest it is this way by design.

It can't be a technical reason because they are obviously still on their program of releasing an extraordinary amount of dragons week after week.

I would suggest that the only reason they do this is that it suit their business to do it; it's a financial benefit to them. They don't want players obtaining all dragons that are available as that would be the end of the game, rather it is better for them to keep players always hungry for more, with what they want just out of their reach.
I don't understand how they could possibly think this is helping them financially. I have always bought gold and used a lot of it to speed breed, but with being maxed out on habitats I don't really have anything to spend my gold on since I have eggs waiting on my nests for home. So recently I am not buying gold and teamlava isn't making any money off me, but if the habitats were increased I could go back to my regular speed breeding and would feel the need to purchase gold again