Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
What if you created another account on an old phone a long time ago, never got around to setting up a password, that phone ended up taking a bath in a creek and is now in pieces in a landfill somewhere, and now several months have gone by, during which time you were just kinda lazy about emailing support about regaining access to said account because you didn't want to have to explain the situation? Meaning you likely won't remember gem or coin amounts anywhere near accurate, or anything else that could help you prove the account is yours, (other than the glaringly obvious ID) and the more time goes by, the more you're afraid of looking like a scammer? Any thoughts on possible outcomes? :-/
For support to help recover the storm ID and games, they would need to have information from you to prove it was your game .
I am not sure of all the types of security questions and answers that they would accept, but if I was in that situation, I would take a stab at it and provide them information from my iTunes account. Like the day I first downloaded one of the games. The actual day and specific gem package I bought etc.
Things from my account that an support agent can match up and that I would not give out to anyone else.