Thread: LeaderBoard/Crown Update 6/4/13

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Designer of Worlds

LeaderBoard/Crown Update 6/4/13

We've seen some slight abuse of the way the crowns and matchmaking systems work, resulting in players gaining way too many crowns per day and getting near a point that cannot be overcome.

We're pushing out a fix that will reduce the number of crowns you can earn from opponents with a significantly lower count than you have. This will likely only affect a very small number of players.

Update 6/4/13:

Tonight (US time) we pushed out 2 major changes for Crowns and Matchmaking:

For crowns, we adjusted the total number of crowns for all players who had over 500. This was necessary so that our update to the matchmaking system and the overall balance of the leaderboard is intact. For players affected (about 430 of you), you were credited 250 gems for the inconvenience.

Please note that the actual rankings were not affected, and all players did not have their rank changed, but their total Crown count did.

We hope to not have to ever do this again, and I apologize greatly for the inconvenience caused.

The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was.

Please feel free to leave comments and feedback here and I'll do my best to address them.
    Last edited by MHz_; 06-04-13 at 01:49 AM.