Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Exploration World Event - July 18 2017

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Thanks for doing the math, but u underestimate the maps from battling. This is an unpredictable contribution since players mileage in the arena will vary. 6 wins a day and u just clear a tourney. There's still days after that where u are battling easier opponents.

Also the game has changed, since the world event was first introduced. Why shouldn't the format be updated to account for boosting, ultra rare champions, lvl15 fighters and GPDs? I'd prefer an easy event too, but its way too early to be negative about this one
    Well, I don't battle, so.....

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Can't we EVER get a break?? We just finished the Leaderboard-event, whiched raged me ou, and now a World Event AND Tornament? Please...
    I believe this is also one of the first times that battling gives x amount of the items as well. Unlike extra points for harvesting crops, that's kind of unfair for anyone who doesn't/cannot battle :/

Farm Supplier
    Hey everyone
    The total food amt required for moss dragon get him from lvl 1-11 is 59,475 apples. Just if someone is curious

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann255780 View Post
    Hey everyone
    The total food amt required for moss dragon get him from lvl 1-11 is 59,475 apples. Just if someone is curious

Thanks for that! That actually isn't bad at all compared to the ones we need at least 150k for!!! Just putting one tiny positive out there!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kimandamelia View Post
    Thanks for that! That actually isn't bad at all compared to the ones we need at least 150k for!!! Just putting one tiny positive out there!
    You are welcome. I was a bit shocked with that am't too.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Thanks for doing the math, but u underestimate the maps from battling. This is an unpredictable contribution since players mileage in the arena will vary. 6 wins a day and u just clear a tourney. There's still days after that where u are battling easier opponents.

Also the game has changed, since the world event was first introduced. Why shouldn't the format be updated to account for boosting, ultra rare champions, lvl15 fighters and GPDs? I'd prefer an easy event too, but its way too early to be negative about this one

You're welcome for the arithmetic.

As to battles... I often finish a tournament a day early (but sometimes I'm down to the wire), so I figured I'd be conservative on battles. Especially since most people can't get in hourly and we can't guarantee a win for a battle. But I know I'm going to be more aggressive on battling for the next 9 days so that I can try to make up some of the points I need. (Especially since I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep before putting my diamondates on for the night ).

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix406 View Post
    Well, I don't battle, so.....
    Neither do I, not regularly, and no boosts because I don't play bingo and have exactly 3 level 15 dragons.
    1 roost, 1 den, and 3 nests = no possible way to finish...again.
    So happy that this new way of events is 'challenging' for those who have ABSOLUTELY every possible advantage.
    (Long time player, btw. Not a newbie.)

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by nicsdragonisle View Post
    Neither do I, not regularly, and no boosts because I don't play bingo and have exactly 3 level 15 dragons.
    1 roost, 1 den, and 3 nests = no possible way to finish...again.
    So happy that this new way of events is 'challenging' for those who have ABSOLUTELY every possible advantage.
    (Long time player, btw. Not a newbie.)
    I have been playing a while also and I have the same things you have except you have 1 more nest than I have on my island. I don't play bingo so don't have boosts because I don't want to spend that kind of time on the game. But I do have 6 GPDs. This is a difficult task for anyone when right away the math shows an unfairness in the posted goal amounts and the odds are stacked against us.

Maybe you can play anyway to help the community achieve the community goals as I have decided to do for this event. You will probably strengthen your dragon scrapbook and get some cool new dragons along the way which will help you for future events.

Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    You're welcome for the arithmetic.

As to battles... I often finish a tournament a day early (but sometimes I'm down to the wire), so I figured I'd be conservative on battles. Especially since most people can't get in hourly and we can't guarantee a win for a battle. But I know I'm going to be more aggressive on battling for the next 9 days so that I can try to make up some of the points I need. (Especially since I was so tired yesterday I fell asleep before putting my diamondates on for the night ).
    I appreciate you are doing math for the average player. I'm just a stickler for facts & if people are saying this is impossible I felt the evidence should reflect a determined player. To be honest, I'm pretty certain i'm going to spend gold on this one. Its a bit too early to give up so good luck!

I don't care if I finish this event or not. If its too easy then the people who must win at all costs and will spend gold for it, will just quit and move onto another more challenging game. Those people are actually S8's target audience.

What we're all playing for is a little digital dragon sprite... it has no intrinsic value. Its only as valuable as the work you put into getting it. My storage is full of forgettable dragon eggs from events that were too easy. If players stop seeing value in these dragons, S8 is going out of business

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast