Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Exploration World Event - July 18 2017

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Is this another World Event where we have to magically come up with food to feed a dragon to get points?

Nightclub Owner
    Yep. Moss dragon
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Banned
    My internet connection is good, always have been. No other apps "crash" like S8 games...
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    Yep. Moss dragon
    Ugh. Thanks amerirish!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by harobeda View Post
    Examining the maths:

We have 10 days (about 9 days and 22 hours from the time I'm typing this) to complete the event. Since my leaderboard went to the wire, I had no eggs/evolving waiting to come up. Hopefully you each have some to give you an extra 100 points or so to start with...

We have some one time points/maps to collect:

Any points gained by feeding up Moss Dragon
    1000 points we all get as a community prize at the end of the 2nd community prize

For convenience I'm going to calculate all battles done over the next 10 days at once: 6 days we're doing 36 battles plus 4 days of extra battles at your discretion. Assuming 6 battle wins per day (A lot for those with jobs!) that yields 180 points/maps

Ten days of daily collecting:
    Breeding: double points for one breeding den for a minimum of 23 hours a day gives 46 points/maps (92 if you have 2nd den activated)
    Hatching eggs: assuming a minimum of 23 hours a day for each nest gives 23 points/maps (up to 92 points/maps if you have 4 nests)
    Farms: 7 farms collecting a minimum of 20 hours worth of crops gives 140 points/maps
    Evolving: one evolver a minimum of 23 hours a day gives 23 points/maps (46 if you have 2nd one)
    Hiking totem: 10 points every 4 hours gives 50 points optimally (where I collect perfectly and actually sleep for about 8 hours a night), we'll assume you get that from day 1 (many will if their leaderboard wasn't too crazy at the end).

Overall calculation, NOT INCLUDING MOSS DRAGON:
    Adding them up you get for the 1 den/1 evolver/1 nest people:1000+180+10*(46+23+140+23+50)=4000 points/maps
    If you have 2 dens/2 evolvers/4 nests: 1000+180+10*(92+92+140+46+50)=5380 points/maps

I'm not using a perfect 24 hours because I'm never gonna get that - I have a life to lead even if I'm a DS addict! Since our goal is 7200 that leaves even the most advanced of us short by 7200-5380=1820 points. It looks like raising Moss to an 11 gives 1000 points plus 150 more for something??? My "A Rolling Stone" goal says "Raise your Moss Dragon to level 11 to earn 1,000 points" but at the bottom of the goal shows +150 points for completing the goal. It is currently unclear to me what that means.

Even at a maximum of 24 hours a day each thing collected (with 2 dens, 4 nests, 2 evovlers) we'd get: 1000+180+10*(96+96+168+48+60)=5860 points/maps still leaving a deficit of 1340 points/maps to be gained by feeding up Moss Dragon.

Moral of the story: Hope you have some bingo boosts, some food just for Moss Dragon, and a lot of time on your hands.
    thx for doing the maths as usual it is another impossible event
    DS : Dragons de Pern (level 200) 826/882 dragons (168 still in storage)
    (sorry but i no longer accept or add neighbors for DS)
    FFS : Pern forest (level 200) 496/524 animals (120 still in storage)
    (stopping FFS on 2017/12/31, so don?t try to add me)
    FS2 : Campagne (level 73)

Fashion Designer
    Examining the maths:

We have 10 days (about 9 days and 22 hours from the time I'm typing this) to complete the event. Since my leaderboard went to the wire, I had no eggs/evolving waiting to come up. Hopefully you each have some to give you an extra 100 points or so to start with...

We have some one time points/maps to collect:

Any points gained by feeding up Moss Dragon
    1000 points we all get as a community prize at the end of the 2nd community prize

For convenience I'm going to calculate all battles done over the next 10 days at once: 6 days we're doing 36 battles plus 4 days of extra battles at your discretion. Assuming 6 battle wins per day (A lot for those with jobs!) that yields 180 points/maps

Ten days of daily collecting:
    Breeding: double points for one breeding den for a minimum of 23 hours a day gives 46 points/maps (92 if you have 2nd den activated)
    Hatching eggs: assuming a minimum of 23 hours a day for each nest gives 23 points/maps (up to 92 points/maps if you have 4 nests)
    Farms: 7 farms collecting a minimum of 20 hours worth of crops gives 140 points/maps
    Evolving: one evolver a minimum of 23 hours a day gives 23 points/maps (46 if you have 2nd one)
    Hiking totem: 10 points every 4 hours gives 50 points optimally (where I collect perfectly and actually sleep for about 8 hours a night), we'll assume you get that from day 1 (many will if their leaderboard wasn't too crazy at the end).

Overall calculation, NOT INCLUDING MOSS DRAGON:
    Adding them up you get for the 1 den/1 evolver/1 nest people:1000+180+10*(46+23+140+23+50)=4000 points/maps
    If you have 2 dens/2 evolvers/4 nests: 1000+180+10*(92+92+140+46+50)=5380 points/maps

I'm not using a perfect 24 hours because I'm never gonna get that - I have a life to lead even if I'm a DS addict! Since our goal is 7200 that leaves even the most advanced of us short by 7200-5380=1820 points. It looks like raising Moss to an 11 gives 1000 points plus 150 more for something??? My "A Rolling Stone" goal says "Raise your Moss Dragon to level 11 to earn 1,000 points" but at the bottom of the goal shows +150 points for completing the goal. It is currently unclear to me what that means.

Even at a maximum of 24 hours a day each thing collected (with 2 dens, 4 nests, 2 evovlers) we'd get: 1000+180+10*(96+96+168+48+60)=5860 points/maps still leaving a deficit of 1340 points/maps to be gained by feeding up Moss Dragon.

Moral of the story: Hope you have some bingo boosts, some food just for Moss Dragon, and a lot of time on your hands.
    Thank you very much for doing the math. I'm too tired to calculate for this event too just to find out it's IMPROBABLE. #thisispossible LAWLZ~
    No Freedom of Speech Here

Won't there be points for feeding Sunken Dragon as well? Maybe that can make up for the calculated "missing" points. Not that I care personally, I'm definitely not gonna take this all the way because I refuse to let storm8 decide which dragons I will hatch and feed.

Rhino Keeper
    Many thanks to amerirish for posting the dragon types and to harobeda for doing all the maths for us agreed that this will be another tough event to complete unless S8 gives us double points weekend! Fingers crossed!

3rd community prize gives 40 maps per 4 hours so depending on when it's hit we might get 0 maps. Or maybe a couple hundred. Could make up the difference of its early enough, but it'd still require near perfect execution.

Banned
    I am sorry but I must be rather slow today but this event has a plethora of decoration again, WHY! WHY! WHY?, I ask myself! No land to place habitats on but we receive an ambundance of worthless useless decor that we can't place, quite insulting really!

In my honest option I would rather have food for these milestones as these events, like everything else is becoming food orientated to completing the final goal!

Examining the maths:

Thanks for doing the math, but u underestimate the maps from battling. This is an unpredictable contribution since players mileage in the arena will vary. 6 wins a day and u just clear a tourney. There's still days after that where u are battling easier opponents.

Also the game has changed, since the world event was first introduced. Why shouldn't the format be updated to account for boosting, ultra rare champions, lvl15 fighters and GPDs? I'd prefer an easy event too, but its way too early to be negative about this one
    Last edited by JustKay; 07-18-17 at 11:52 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast