View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 96 of 146 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

I am in no way defending S8. This was one of the worst events ever. With goals remaining locked when they should be available, random and awful drop rates, and a 'fix' that came far too late for many players. This was poorly planned. The easiest things to get had the shortest timers while the most difficult (and necessary!) had fewer sources and longer timers. Seriously, I have enough wings to have completed this storybook 3 or 4 times. (Or maybe not? Maybe it worked exactly as planned, to maximize gem use and encourage spending. Hmmmm...)

However, I don't fault them for advising us to check our inventories for extras. The boxes always contained trees. They were the only guaranteed adventure drop. And while we were busy checking those silly boxes, any other drops floated off to inventory. The chance for extra pearls didn't even start until chapter 7 unlocked, which made it impossible to start collecting ahead.

I was certain I would not finish this one, but a well timed extra dahlia helped me quite a bit to get caught up, and it just so happened that I reached chapter 7 just after S8 increased the crystal drop. So, I will finish, and with only a few gems spent...speeding up adventures and the temple....but that would not have been possible without lucky drops and the small changes S8 FINALLY made.
    I'm joining the chorus of players who are frustrated and annoyed. Games are supposed to be fun. Not a tedious frustrating chore. And if you want us to pay to play, then just say so. You might be surprised at how many players would do so willingly and without complaint. But this way?? In my experience, most people resent being tricked or pressured. Which is why I personally passed on every value pack offer, gem sale, and all gem only 'extras' that were offered this time.
    Last edited by PrincessCupOButter; 07-22-17 at 06:54 AM.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

Rhino Keeper
    I don't see any bonus pack of a Pearl & 10 crystals? Only the pack of the Dahlias &stuff

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    All done. 😎
    Attachment 37489

No gems spent.
    Quite a breeze once the Onyx Pearls started dropping from adventures at LVL7.
    Did your boars stop spawning after completing the final upgrade?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rheina View Post
    I don't see any bonus pack of a Pearl & 10 crystals? Only the pack of the Dahlias &stuff
    Yeah, it is suspicious. It was listed as the dahlias until recently. I think maybe when you hit chapter 9 it changes to the pearls? Because I checked that sale before I bought gems (right before the gem sale, of course) hoping for pearls, but it was still the old pack.

Quote Originally Posted by cocohaven14 View Post
    Hi guys, is there any way to get eh onyx crystal than from the onyx pearl?
    Also, how can i get more onyx pearls??
    The temple and the adventures have a chance of dropping onyx crystals. There are two ways to get more pearls....purchase them for 250 gems in the marketplace, and hope for a lucky drop from an adventure.

My best advice is to do lots of adventures.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cafe2190 View Post
    can someone add me please. I'm waiting neibours respons my request urgently.
    Just did, Zierikzee

Rhino Keeper
    I have also noticed a pattern the last couple events that they offer the main prize for sale example like the naga with energy with the $40 I've spent on this event I could of just eliminated all the stress and aggravation and just purchased it after the event ends but there is no fun in that but I'll tell you I may just opt for that option the next event I will not spend any cash or gems at all during an event and save my cash I do spend on this game for a guaranteed item not for a item that requires luck it is not fair I'm very sorry for sounding negative but honestly I play at least 16 hours per day and honestly had no chance of making it once the issues with the drops from the dahlia happened I was stuck on that level for 2+ days not until they fixed that issue was I able to make progress only to be held up again by the pearl and yes I have checked my inventory excessively to see if I missed a drop

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Did your boars stop spawning after completing the final upgrade?
    Katt posted earlier (waaay back...lol) that the boars do stop spawning, but the pets keep dropping furs and the craft remains. I'm guessing the craft will remain until the event ends for everyone. At least that's how it has been in the past. But this is S8, so who knows?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by xellosspoo View Post
    Yeah, it is suspicious. It was listed as the dahlias until recently. I think maybe when you hit chapter 9 it changes to the pearls? Because I checked that sale before I bought gems (right before the gem sale, of course) hoping for pearls, but it was still the old pack.
    I'm only on level 8 now and my bonus pack changed sometime yesterday

Rhino Keeper
    JUst checked the value pack is still on the right, Says 5 days & sale. another random item?????? WEird