View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 94 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

New Resident
    Well looks like I'm stuck with a lvl 8 temple. Just started chapter 9 with less than 20 hours to go. I got stuck on the crystals with very unlucky drops. Only yesterday did a second pearl drop but it had the same abysmal 1 crystal drop rate. I always get one crystal an iron ore and maybe an orb. Maybe once I got a double crystal drop? I bought the flower packs thinking it would help but nope. I was constantly going on adventures but it was only dropping things I didn't need. I pre-crafted everything I could that didn't take crystals and still just getting petals, wings and wells. Least I got some free wells from the quests. /s

I'm playing since 2014 (I'm level 50), and this is the second event I'm not going to finish.
    I started this goal playing the first day the goal started.
    Although I play often and hard - with just one onyx pearl (I have three roses, two dahlias I got yesterday only) it is impossible to finish the goal. I belong to the unfortunate part of the players who did not want random collections. I am very disappointed. I thought that when a person plays often, they will be rewarded. That the time goals are designed so that when the player tries to finish. I also consider random collections in time events very unfortunate.

Satisfied players spend gems and money. Discontented players are not. I would spend some gems on my way for speed - but not so much and with such an uncertain outcome.

Rhino Keeper
    Not gonna finish either last part on chapter 7 and only 20 hours....bummer

Executive Chef
    All done. 😎
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	37489

No gems spent.
    Quite a breeze once the Onyx Pearls started dropping from adventures at LVL7.

Fashion Designer
    I won't finish either, and I gave in an spent gems. But there are too many more needed to finish in the last few hours. Ironically, I did get a third pearl last night. But three drops the same as two. More energy spent for the same result. If I play an event again I know never to start on the first day. Too many events lately I can't complete and I am not sure it's worth the time and effort. Loved this game but I won't continue to spend precious time if i can't even complete it. Give us more fun stories and characters like the Barons grandmother. I would spend gems to adventure and continue the storyline if it were interesting.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

At 20 hours left to the game I don't see the breeze coming over any time this event for me. I have been going on adventures the entire time and have not let us. I have over 20 Chrystal trees in reserve not counting the numerous ones I cut down for resources so it is not for thenlack of playing. 18 hours left and I now have 23 trees and no onyx chrystals
    Last edited by jessiefromshimerville; 07-22-17 at 05:47 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by hagypagy View Post
    All done. ��

No gems spent.
    Glad someone did and got extra drops from adventures.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

Executive Chef
    All done. ��

No gems spent.
    Congrats!! Great job!
    Proud Member of Thuakie Sword Society - Sword #68

Fashion Designer
    All done. ��

No gems spent.
    You must have had one hell of a lot of luck then.

Rhino Keeper
    I just finished as well but it's bittersweet as it had nothing to do with strategy or 'good gameplay' as it was purely due to dumb luck. And even though I finished, I'm irritated and disappointed by the lack of response from S8 regarding the math in the event. We raised the issue numerous times, days in advance thanks to the generous gemmers who forged ahead and when we finally got a response from S8, it was 'check your inventory for extras'. To me, that felt both dismissive and frankly, condecending. Most of the players posting here are experienced enough to check inventories. Besides, if the collection timers and drop rates had been correct from the start, no one would have had to rely on random lucky drops nor should they ever have to, in timed events, in order to complete them.