View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 84 of 146 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894134 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Please please please S8 just one more day!!!!!!!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by dazzy_rascal View Post
    At first I thought this event was craftily designed. Previous events have mostly been constrained by energy, but doable thanks to energy crates, alicorns, wizard schools or just plain playing more often to maximize use of accumulated energy. This event however, is constrained by time. The only way to get more of that is to pay gems or approach the speed of light, and I'm too lazy for the latter.

Turns out this event was stupidly designed by someone who is incapable of counting or just plain sadistic. At least someone else on the team realized the mistake, which sparked the free dahlia and improved drop rates, just a little too late for some. This is why I always start events as late as possible, so that bug fixes and free gifts go further! I caught up today because of the improved onyx petal drop rate and extra flowers, but still have that onyx pearl+crystal problem on the horizon. Hopefully another one or two will magically appear again, or someone will have to slow earth's rotation to 48 hour days to compensate... anyone?
    I also refuse to alter my existence to go insane for these events. I might get to level 7 but that's it. never got a pearl in the castle.. they should leave the drops on so we can finish the temple at least even if we don't get the dragon.

also, the earth doesnt' rotate it's the sun that moves overhead. #flatearth

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    To my surprise a FREE dahlia was offered by S8 this early morning. BUT.. being overdue on Chapter 7.. my problem is the OYNX PEARL that drops EVEN LESS! than the dahlia!!!

We can possibly collect 4/5 times per day, as collecetion is every 4 hours with only ONE drop per collection and we need 15!!!!!

THIS EVENT IS NOT DOABLE! EVEN IF FREE DAHLIAS ARE OFFERED.. sorry S8.. we can't enjoy your hard work in preparing fun for us as:

ONYX CRYSTALS FROM THE PEARL ARE MISSING IN A MUCH HIGHER MAJORITY!!!

Yes.. extra Pearls are on sale.. BUT being SOOOO expensive.. it's not worth investing and buying even 1.. because at least 4 ONYX PEARLS would be needed!!!! Thats 1000 gems! and NOT wise investing in for a Purple Dragon who actually is dropping scales, even if he's huge and purple!

EVENT CLASSIFIED... "NOT DOABLE".. if ONYX PEARL drop rates, or amounts requested.. are not resolved as well.
    I agree.

Pleeease S8... Give us more time!

The thoughtful gift was nice but now we are also receiving them from the adventure, not to mention a lot of us were past that hurdle by then. I can't believe there's less than 2 days left....

Fashion Designer
    i'm so confused here. i'm now receiving empty orbs. i don't know what they are for. i'm trying to fish up crystals but apparently need a different purple crystal to upgrade because i am stuck on 6 of the type i need. unclear where they come from.

this whole event has been disappointing. as i said, i think those who started after waiting several days may be ok now, but those of us who eagerly started are too far behind to catch up. i haven't been able to upgrade to level 7 and there seems to be a neighbor request coming up as well.

after the fun and engaging monster hunts, all i can say is SIGH.

Executive Chef
    Hi

I have fallen way behind and am not sure what chapter I should be on, so don't know whether to upgrade my Onyx temple or not.

I only started the event when it auto started and I am currently on Chapter 6 Goal 5.

Have i caught up on myself or am I day behind.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Farm Supplier
    This is the first event which I can't complete.
    I'm still stuck on chapter 7 and I've never got a dahlia from the Adventure.

Rhino Keeper
    The icon says 2 days
    But if I click it, then over the dragon, where the quest tasks are on that pop up says 1 day

Its always one day off.

So exact specifically precisely how many hours do I have left because if everything is based around 4 hour timers then I want to know. Do I have 48 hours, 24 hours, less than 24,

In a few hours I can finish this step I am on and probably upgrade the purple staircase again.

Then I need to wait around on people to answer a request eventually which tends to take 2 days even on small request amounts, so tomorrow I can then visit 40 strangers (yay lag), and then unless I get super mega ultra lucky it could take me up to over 40 hours (because I am chronically ill, I cannot guarantee I click these things every 4 hours) so over 40 for that or potentially as little as 20 hours just for collecting. Plus then add in 4 hours magic forge time.

And that still doesn't finish it off for me There's still the last set of tasks to do and I didn't even bother counting up the hours needed for that because it doesn't matter unless they give an extension on time.

This is what I get for starting soon because hey that dragon is purple and cute, how was I to know that waiting would mean a slightly increased drop amount and such... the dragon is so cute and he won't get to live in my tidy kingdom (lol at tidy.... heh)

The ones who finish without gems at all, are you all in the high level or low level bracket? (also congratulations on finishing too, no sarcasm there!!)

I am frustrated, this had fun elements to it but not even knowing if I have 1 or 2 days left makes me not even sure do I bother doing anything further. I might as well not continue past once Sir Thurston returns because I can't finish both days 9 and 10 even if I have 48 hours remaining from now.

(I'm whiny today... sorry)
    I use android and I do hit yes on new neighbors.
    I play Castle Story (DS and FS burnout, I'll be back to those though).
    I don't usually read my wall in the games.

Rhino Keeper
    the event expires in days and I have to wait 10 hours before I can go to the next chapter. this is crazy! Why are those who started late better off than those that started right when it became available? I do not understand this at all. What is all the waiting about? Why can't we just start the next chapter when we finish one? Like I said-this is crazy and almost enough to make me want to stop playing the game!
    Last edited by jkc619; 07-21-17 at 02:00 PM.

Farm Supplier
    Thanks for the Daliah, but I'm in need of Chystals even though the drop rate has been raised.
    I'm not going to spend money again. This time it was squandered money: for the first package and then 250 gems for 2 Daliahs. Learned my lesson. After glimmeralicorngate, I really needed quite a time to trust S8 again, but now back to point zero.
    S8:You've tried to make the last day better, that makes me less angry but I'm pretty disappointed. Would need another day.