View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 75 of 146 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985125 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Great news for you, Riverly. Can you please tell me - how did you get enough onyx pearls? I have never had one from adventures, and I have them constantly going.
    I believe it was right when I leveled up to 7. My adventures started bringing back a lot of pearls. I have ended up with 5 pearls, just from adventures. I do not remember any dropping before that point.

Adding: I looked back at the goals. I remember I was definitely in Chapter 7 when the pearls started dropping.
    Last edited by riverly; 07-21-17 at 01:08 AM.

New Resident
    Thanks I will try that

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    i dont even know what chapter i should be on anymore... can someone help me? i started the first day when the event was released and it will be midnight in a half hour so that means new chapter but which number because i feel like i am a few behind maybe? i know i was stuck on one for more than a day so...
    You should be on chapter 9 (in a half of hour). Tomorrow will be the last day of event.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by calicokittennope View Post
    I really hope a future event includes cannons to get, because those onyx things look like cannonballs.

Also whatever dial they turned up at s8, thank you! What was going to end up taking me 20+ hours if I did not miss every 4 hour click well... I'm done with that part already now and I think this was just the first 4 hour click of it all. I'm onto next chapter due to adventure luck and lucky clicks. Sometimes insomnia isn't so bad even if I'd rather be sleeping, but yay.

Uggghhhh though, I didn't know it would reset the timer! It makes sense that it would and if I was more awake I probably would not be saying this at all because I'd totally know it. I had 3 hours left to collect on my tower, upgrading put it back to 7 something.

Really though, please yes on the cannons to make in the sword/armor workshop to go with the cannonball onyx things?
    About that resetting the timer. It makes gathering from the temple really scarce. I don't think S8 thought of that.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by caron7 View Post
    but i think players who waited to begin will benefit, while those of us who started chapter 1 eagerly on day 1 still will flounder. i've read others say not to start right away and let others deal with the bugs. sigh. for the first time, i see the wisdom there.
    Yes I'm going to consider it for next time, I think 3 days might do it.
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Want a confirmation button.

onyx crystal - I alone can not collect them? Timer 4 hours, I have three times, 3 - onyx crystal.
    For the first upgrade you need 15 pieces, this is 3 days. And then there's still a need for a 50 .... How can this be done in 3 days at all?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by zoroak View Post
    You should be on chapter 8 and move to chapter 9 in the next 20 mins.
    Yeah I've got no hope, I'm still on chapter 6 only one onyx petals needed to get to chapter 7. So I'm officially 2 days behind. I play all da,y time my collections, rarely miss due to working from home, my only issue at the moment I can't play during the night and if I sleep over what would be considered normal hours because of health I lose out, for example I woke at just before 9 this morning, but in contrast did do a last collection at just after midnight, but most days I'm asleep by 10 wake at any time after 7. With these onyx crystals needing so many I can't see it changing, on another note, if I don't get Gemma back does that mean she's gone forever, or will she miraculously reappear the next time?
    Only play Castle Story daily, accepting new neighbours but do regularly check for obvious regular activity and delete non active neighbours. Will answer requests but don't visit all neighbours daily.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    I feel so guilty that my adventures (and before that my temple) have been giving me great drops to help with my upgrades when it seems everyone else is suffering so much.

We're supposed to want to participate in these events not only because we get a prize at the end, but because these timed events are meant to liven up regular game play. S8 was starting to get back on track with the past few updates so I can only hope that this is just a small backslide and our future events will not be such a struggle for so many.
    I felt like that with one of the last events, I was struggling, but far ahead than others, my game always seemed to be middle of the road, until this event. So I'm right there completely understanding what others are saying with this event.

Addition: I've just remembered the Tea Party event, and I didn't finish that either. So I've been there before, but not as bad as this.
    Last edited by PurpleScorpion76; 07-21-17 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Addition

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    Yes I'm going to consider it for next time, I think 3 days might do it.
    Yes, it is definitely worth delaying starting. I have done this for the last few storybooks and it can make a difference - very much so this time.

So I am always very grateful (and give a very big thanks) to those who do start on time and have to work through the pain points !

New Resident
    The free dahlia was most welcome but way much too late. Got stuck for days in chap 6 waiting for 20 onyx petals that just don't drop from every collection. Just leveled up to chap 7 but with only 2 days left & now have to collect 15 onyx crystals from the onyx pearl which has a 4-hour timer....no way anybody can make it. ����