View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 146 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleScorpion76 View Post
    I think you're u got lucky and 2 onyx petals or one from an adventure or building. The chapter 4 log is to do with the amount of collecting from the plant not the amount you collect of the petals, if that makes sense!
    Thank you so much, that does make sense! I didn't realize that they all don't count! That really stinks since they are so hard to come by!

Quote Originally Posted by freddy1343 View Post
    Here is some news I haven't seen posted here - I just tapped a horse and out popped a purple glimmer golem!! Yikes! Not a welcome sight, as I wanted to use my energy to tap wells and trees, not a 90 energy monster. Should someone have flipped the "off" switch on golems when the monster hunt ended?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro45 View Post
    And I got a blue dire boar from a dead tree yesterday. Unfortunately no tokens dropped...

Starting the event today, but I'm not sure if I will finish. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by rembetiko View Post
    So I still get glimmer golems if I collect from horses which costs me lots of energy to fight.
    Did this happen multiple times or just once?
    Storm8 Staff - PikaSquirrel
    Need help? Contact Storm8 through support.storm8.com
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    For the first time in a storybook event I haven't finished a chapter in the allotted time I'm still stuck on Chapter 4 and already 12 hours behind for chapter 5... With only 11 petals against 15 required, I don't think I'll be able to finish this quest. My adventures are giving only trees... Any advice will be appreciated
    This event ends on the 26th at the latest. It lasts 10 days from when you started as per page 1 of this thread. Some of the later chapters take at least 2 and one half days to complete with round-the-clock collecting. I have used many gems already. I do not see how it would be possible for me to finish without spending more. There is no good advice to give.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by coolssp View Post
    For the first time in a storybook event I haven't finished a chapter in the allotted time I'm still stuck on Chapter 4 and already 12 hours behind for chapter 5... With only 11 petals against 15 required, I don't think I'll be able to finish this quest. My adventures are giving only trees... Any advice will be appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by Stymie52 View Post
    This event ends on the 26th at the latest. It lasts 10 days from when you started as per page 1 of this thread. Some of the later chapters take at least 2 and one half days to complete with round-the-clock collecting. I have used many gems already. I do not see how it would be possible for me to finish without spending more. There is no good advice to give.
    I'm happy with the nice new Onyx Boars... Other than that I have nothing.
    🐲 ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ Proud member (#73) of the Thuakie Sword Society ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️ 🐲

Wielder of the Mighty Sword of Fire & Ice 🗨⌨🐲⌨{🏟}======🔷=======>

Farm Supplier

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by PikaSquirrel View Post
    Did this happen multiple times or just once?
    I made sure it didn't happen more than once - always had a boar parked before I tapped anything other than a farmhouse!

Fashion Designer
    Stuck now at 10 responses. My log has been cleared, so i think they are trying to fix the glitch. But I know they went through because I could not teens to people. They just didn't count... forced closed over a dozen times now.
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #60
    Life is sweeter with friends! Journey on...

Shibuyacloth -- will there be a spreadsheet for this event as well?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Rhino Keeper
    Bedtime on day 5 and I still don't have enough onyx petals to complete day 4. Looking ahead, it will be impossible for me to catch up. I think I'm giving up on this one.

I wish S8 wouldn't do this. They did a great job of building up the goodwill with being so responsive, only to trash it all with this lark. I wonder if they have metrics on what persuades people to make purchases. As far as I'm concerned, this puts me off spending for weeks. It did last time, and almost certainly will again.

Thanks to those who gemmed ahead for the info, and as ever to this wonderful community.

Rhino Keeper
    I would just like for the goals to be more consistent... Meaning, if S8 means to make a goal impossible to complete, why not make chapter 1, 2 & 3 just as difficult. Then I'd know not to even bother with it and my hopes of finishing wouldn't be crushed after days of putting in time & effort. See I thought this was a pretty good goal when I started but now I'm stuck on chapter 4 and having read a few comments, it's pretty clear that I'm not going to finish. I'm ok with that; I'll just shoot for a boar... But now I have a lot of new junk in inventory so I'd say my new goal is to see how much of it I can get rid of in the time remaining. Good luck to everyone and thanks for the updates they save me a lot of stress now that I've made my decision. I'm just not in the business of buying and spending gems every 2 weeks in order to keep up with these impossible goals!

Rhino Keeper
    Why are some people getting scorched roses and dahlias when collecting from onyx temple and others do not? Why such an unequal distribution of cruicial resource in this event? With 1 dahlia (1 petal per 2 hours) it is impossible to collect the required amount of petals within 24-hour time frame allocated for each chapter: 15 for yesterday (30 hours), 15 for today(30 hours), 20 (40 hours) tomorrow... the adventure rarely produced any petals for me. So, the argument that adventure will help fill the gap of required petals is not a good one. Storm8, I used to buy gems, but it was a free decision that was not made under pressure of failing an event. But, when I am clearly forced to buy gems, I'd rather quit than get to be manipulated into spending money. It is simply unfair that you leave distribution of resources (scorched roses and dahlias) to a simple chance! It either needs to be fixed for everyone or this event is not even worth our time!