View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 146 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Like several others have said, the onyx petals are a barrier here. I've collected 8 times today (I sped up one collection in error) and have 9 petals. This is ridiculous and obviously only meant for gem spenders to achieve. I occasionally do buy packs, but won't this time because it's being forced on us if we want to complete. I'll keep plodding (this Level will take me 2 days), and make a couple of onyx boars in the meantime, but I won't be finishing.

By the way, it seems some people are getting extra dahlias from the temple or the adventure. Good for you! No such luck here. I just have the one.
    Same. The random drops are frustrating. I'm sure the scorched wings will come in handy later on, but it's annoying waiting two hours and only having a chance to get the onyx petals. Luckily I've gotten a couple from the adventures and just got one from the temple, but I'm still nowhere near completing today's chapter. Would love to get a dahlia from an adventure, but I'll keep plodding along. I did craft a boar, so I'm happy about that.

I typically love buying the bundles with unlimited energy, but the bottleneck here isn't energy - it's the random drops. So the bundle they are offering is not enticing to me in the slightest.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    Like several others have said, the onyx petals are a barrier here. I've collected 8 times today (I sped up one collection in error) and have 9 petals. This is ridiculous and obviously only meant for gem spenders to achieve. I occasionally do buy packs, but won't this time because it's being forced on us if we want to complete. I'll keep plodding (this Level will take me 2 days), and make a couple of onyx boars in the meantime, but I won't be finishing.

By the way, it seems some people are getting extra dahlias from the temple or the adventure. Good for you! No such luck here. I just have the one.
    I think you are correct. This is for gem spenders. I hope you get more than 1 dahlia eventually. I'm going to see how far I can get.

* scorched rose and dahlia drops spellbound dew
    *** Thuaki Sword Society ***
    Northern Lord of War and Thuaki-Man-At-Arms weaponed with Barbarianbattleaxe #01 and Longsword #18
    Paladin and Lover of Cupperbuts evil Sisters

S8, take away the Cap from Decorations and Animals

Executive Chef
    This is crazy ..very rare drops on the onyx petals I been collecting every two hours.. It does not drop every time.. Not getting them from my castle or temple either can't level up won't spend gems,, thinking is is a un doable event..
    Not unless the drop rate chances

Rhino Keeper
    After a couple of good to great events / quests, S8 has gone back to creating bottlenecks in storybook event. This is very disappointing It is not possible to check the game for everyone and on top of it, drops are random... From my 9 adventures so far, I've received only trees each time so they haven't helped with onyx petal situation
    Queendom of Cool 😊
    Proud member of ⚔️TSS⚔️ #️⃣6️⃣7️⃣

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by BarfDump View Post
    remember not to send too many requests for blades in chapter five as you will need to request onyx scrolls in another chapter from neighbors
    Thanks for the advice! I have over 400 neighbors, and usually sent out requests to everyone. That would have been a bummer.

Rhino Keeper
    I have to agree with others that this event has gone back to the random drops,get up in the night to collect from dahlia,or gem through (I won't do either).

We had a couple of events that were do-able & the players were appreciative.
    To regress to the old formula again is such a disappointment.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessCupOButter View Post
    You are correct. If you gem start chapter 'x', once you finish it, you'll still have to wait until day 'y' for chapter 'y' to start, unless you gem start it also.
    Oh i see, thanks!

Rhino Keeper
    I decided I'm going for a boar and I get a....fangbeast..

Fashion Designer comeseecomesah's Avatar
    All previous to this is in post #1
    CHAPTER 7
    Goal 4
    Make crystalized nectar x 1...potion shop...2hrs.... 10x scorched petal. 5x onyx petals. 1x scorched wing.
    Goal 5
    Upgrade temple to lvl 7..
    2x crystalized beam
    2x crystalized block
    15x onyx crystal
    2x crystalized nectar (ingredients above in goal 4).

CHAPTER 8
    Goal 1.. find onyx boars x 3
    Goal 2.. visit the tavern x 2
    Goal 3..give pasta to Thurston x 7(don't forget to tap 'GIVE') (Skip is 10 gems each one)
    Goal 4..Journey to scorched mountain x 1
    Goal 5.. Upgrade temple to lvl 8...
    2x crystalized beam
    2x crystalized block
    15x onyx crystal
    2x crystalized nectar.

CHAPTER 9
    Goal 1..Ask neighbours for Onyx scrolls x 20 (skip 160...decreases as collected)
    Goal 2..Visit community kingdoms x 40
    Goal 3..Forge the onyx emblem....magic forge..4 hrs (skip 45 gems) ......10x onyx crystals....5x silver....10x iron ores
    Goal 4..Upgrade temple to lvl 9....
    2x crystalized beams
    2x crystalized blocks
    2x crystalized nectar
    2x onyx emblem.

CHAPTER 10
    Goal 1..Visit farmhouses x 5 ( it says 'get rid of boars',but just tapping farmhouses counted)
    Goal 2.. Give hearty feasts x 4 (skip 20)
    Goal 3.. Conjure a summoners orb...magic forge...4hrs...10x empty orbs. 5x silver. 10x onyx petals
    Goal 4..Upgrade temple to lvl 10...
    1x summoners orb (the one you made in goal 3)
    2x onyx emblem
    3x crystalized beam
    3x crystalized block.

This is as correct as my notes are but human brain error does occur sometimes.

Sorry for any bad news but at least you know and can decide to do or not!
    Personally I would not have gemmed ahead or spent any gems at all if I had known the rediculous drop rates. In fact I would not have participated.
    Hopefully Onyx pearls will drop for you! They didn't for me, so I only have 1 to collect from and it's very frustrating.
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Thank you so much! SW
    Last edited by comeseecomesah; 07-17-17 at 05:28 AM. Reason: correction to chapter 10, goal 3