View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 128 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    I'm up for pills, had added some new neighbors earlier before I fell asleep but no requests for items of any sort have shown up. I'm not holding back on hitting yep on them, there just aren't any to accept.

I hope you can make it SW!
    I use android and I do hit yes on new neighbors.
    I play Castle Story (DS and FS burnout, I'll be back to those though).
    I don't usually read my wall in the games.

I just did my first collection of the Dark Onyx Dragon... 2 Gems and a small amount of coin! Sorry I didn't catch the coin amount but it was definitely 2 Gems ! I nearly dropped my iPad! I guess my lucky streak continues.
    Best of luck to everyone else. If you know of a way, take my luck! I don't need it anymore.
    Many thanks to those that forged ahead and reported. I started a day later and you certainly helped me.

Hello!
    I may need some help or clarification. ☺️ I popped in rushing to collect my adventure and a new 2 Day Sale of Onyx pearl, 2 Orbs and various items for upgrading the Temple popped up. However my timer at that time had less than 4 hours for the event to finish itself. So, my question is, does that mean that we will still have the pearls and such drops for upgrading the temple until the event finishes for everyone? (Says 1 day and 14 hours left on sale so do we have that long?)

Please let me know. I want to know to decide if spending money on it. ��☺️ Thank you!
    Last edited by hottrthanhott; 07-24-17 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hottrthanhott View Post
    Hello!
    I may need some help or clarification. ☺️ I popped in rushing to collect my adventure and a new 2 Day Sale of Onyx pearl, 2 Orbs and various items for grading the Temple popped up. However my timer at that time had less than 4 hours for the event to finish itself. So, my question is, does that mean that we will still have the pearls and such drops for upgrading the temple until the event finishes for everyone? (Says 1 day and 14 hours left on sale so do we have that long?)

Please let me know. I want to know to decide if spending money on it. ��☺️ Thank you!
    The drops stop once "your" timer is up at the end of "your" last event day.

Rhino Keeper
    A short treatise on REQUESTS:

Please remember that you can play castle story on most iOS and android devices. This means you can play on your iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. So if each device has its own storm 8 ID, you can send requests to your other games and you are in control of accepted your own requests for those devices. Remember, each time you get a new device, before you transfer your game to your new device, give the game on your device a storm8 ID and give it a password.

Also, remember there is a log in feature in many S8 games, such as Polar Pop Mania, that in the settings you can log into another storm8 account either permanently or temporarily using your ID and password from that game. Again this allows you to access other IDs that you have and switch to them to accept your requests. A side benefit is you can send out daily gifts from these accounts.

Last, remember not to request from Stormie until you've received 19 requests. Then make your request and stormie will answer usually in less than 1 hour. Stormie will even accept your request even if you've gotten 20 or more requests already.

By judicious use of your other S8 accounts/games your requests will flow more easily and you'll have better control over them and you'll know if your requests are propagating to your neighbors. (You'll be able to check your other"lands" and see if your requests arrive)

Of course all this wouldn't be necessary if S8 fixed the request system. Since they haven't, we have to work around their bugs.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosethornshurt View Post
    The drops stop once "your" timer is up at the end of "your" last event day.
    Thank you for answering! I had seen other events that a day or 2 after my event timer stopped there were still items being dropped. Perhaps those were glitches.

Well, hope you did finish it! With work and my two daughters I couldn't have enough time to finish it. Glad for those that did though. Good drops from the castle in this one.
    Good luck to the rest!

Fashion Designer
    Thanks SW for your work on the poll. Good luck with your game! Hope you finish in time!

Executive Chef
    Looking back and reading the problems that were encountered in this event.. are quite simple. This I had posted before saying it was NOT doable (without use of gems) and for this reason:

Time!

It seems collections and their totals were all based on a 24hr day.. which is not realistic from any healthy human.. as we live on a 17hr day (more or less) and not considering those who have to work and don't have the possibility of game access, for these even more time is necessary.

Planning any event in this 24hr way.. it's obvious that difficulties will be encountered.. as not all games have lucky drops, and I found even with great and lacking need for Crystals, they were still dropping x1 on a timer of 4hrs. My Adventures were continuosly going.. gem speeding almost all toward the end.. material drops did arrive.. so many that I didn't need anymore.. but LATE!

If Pearl timers were at 2hr.. everything would have been possible OR more Crystal drops each collection. The x1 was ridiculous when you needed 20 all in a 6hrs.

Next thing that has to be cleared up by the developers is the request part. We need an instruction booklet on how to use this part of the game! It always has defects and lately.. it's needed twice in the events.

It's absolutely outrageous for a player, who has spent full devotion, investments, planned, organized, made layouts, keeping forum contact, having faithful nbrs, know where nbrs live, their playtime.. to be blocked by the 'request glitch' that's not in our power to fix.. and we loose for technical problems and malfunctions!

It's not fault of sending requests to who's not playing,
    It's not fault of sending more or less,
    It's just that the system blocks at the last response and you sit there desperatly waiting.. stuck!

How about leaving out requests from 'timed events' until this part runs smoothly and we can depend on it? We can experiment on it during 'non timed' events until it runs smoothly, if ever. It's years I'm playing each event and this part has ALWAYS given glitches.

To all those players who didn't make it.. don't feel bad. The Purple Dragon has nothing to compare with the Spring Dragon. It looks awkward beside it.. and has different drops. So if you already have a Mirthil Dragon and a normal Dragon.. you're not missing anything. Mirthil I've seen only once.. it usually drops scales!

I take the advantage here to thank all those wonderful people out there who care, participate and help in need. You guys are wonderful and make days bright filled with smiles.. because you all exist
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by bss0226 View Post
    A short treatise on REQUESTS:

Please remember that you can play castle story on most iOS and android devices. This means you can play on your iPhone, iPad, iPod etc. So if each device has its own storm 8 ID, you can send requests to your other games and you are in control of accepted your own requests for those devices. Remember, each time you get a new device, before you transfer your game to your new device, give the game on your device a storm8 ID and give it a password.

Also, remember there is a log in feature in many S8 games, such as Polar Pop Mania, that in the settings you can log into another storm8 account either permanently or temporarily using your ID and password from that game. Again this allows you to access other IDs that you have and switch to them to accept your requests. A side benefit is you can send out daily gifts from these accounts.

Last, remember not to request from Stormie until you've received 19 requests. Then make your request and stormie will answer usually in less than 1 hour. Stormie will even accept your request even if you've gotten 20 or more requests already.

By judicious use of your other S8 accounts/games your requests will flow more easily and you'll have better control over them and you'll know if your requests are propagating to your neighbors. (You'll be able to check your other"lands" and see if your requests arrive)

Of course all this wouldn't be necessary if S8 fixed the request system. Since they haven't, we have to work around their bugs.

Good luck.
    To this very handy post I can add, as has saved me lately from this annoying glitch.. is to 'gift' your nbrs at this moment. When you have to admit you are stuck and have tried everything.. use 'gifting'. Of course that day you will reserve your gifting use for that emergency. I can't say it is a magic touch.. but does seems it unblocks the system.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    To this very handy post I can add, as has saved me lately from this annoying glitch.. is to 'gift' your nbrs at this moment. When you have to admit you are stuck and have tried everything.. use 'gifting'. Of course that day you will reserve your gifting use for that emergency. I can't say it is a magic touch.. but does seems it unblocks the system.
    I will also add, I have often visited stormie, in this game and BS and RS, and used to get good results, sort of unlocking the system. NOT lately though. I am sure the developers have changed something in the way the requests now work. I was lucky this time, great neighbors too, and the requests came through in a few hours. Good luck if you're still adventuring.