View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 119 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Thanks for you suggestion, I do understand the process and I have a tried and true method that has always worked perfectly. Even if I did what you have suggested, if the system thinks it has sent me the 20th response, I just won't get any more. This has just proven to me that there are random glitches that others have reported that can affect people no matter what we do.

This is an asynchronous system (I understand it has to be, otherwise play could be extremely slow ...) so looks like these things can happen.

Ohhh Cavie Girl, i too am convinced of this. Scarily so often i find myself nodding along to your sage wisdom.

oh btw if they won't do my penguins idea :-( i have thought of another idea for a quest to replace the mermaids we both are blah over.

You will become the forum guru we will all come to for advice ....

CAVEMEN ....... just think it and possibly the next pet cud be a woolly mammoth

Rhino Keeper
    After reading through over 1100 posts in the last 11 days, I wanted to provide my thoughts too.

S8, pay attention:
    Happy players spend. Frustrated players may spend. But they may also quit, causing you to lose a revenue source. Many people have stated no more cash after this event. And several more have left. That hurts us all since many stay because of the community, but as the community shrinks, so do our reasons for playing (and spending).
    Player expectations of a storybook event: each day's goal can actually be reasonably accomplished in a single day. Do your math ahead of time. Test the event.
    Do not have neighbor requests during a timed event especially a storybook event event, at least until you have fixed the response issues. Do not, under any circumstances, have 2 neighbor requests in the same event. And never towards the end of an event.
    Provide an elven boost for the forge, especially if you are going to have events with more than one item being made in the forge with such long crafting times. Cruel to have resources required for those crafts also with ridiculous collection times. Having those all in the last chapter is just criminal. Better yet, see the meaning of reasonable activities for a single day. Check some of the original storybook events. Do your research. Again, happy players spend.
    Make the prizes worth the effort.
    Acknowledge that this event was impossible as designed. And if it was designed as a gem event, inform your players up front. You've done that before (fire fox). Be honest with us. We'll appreciate it.

Lecture over.
    I play for fun ❤️🏰👸🏼 CS: kiro kingdom.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowersandgems View Post
    The scroll request didn't show up. Definitely something weird. We have been saying that all along. Perhaps it's because S8 thinks we will spend gems on the last one.
    hi hi, can i call you flowers for short??

i got your (& couple of other friend requests - i'll get the drinks restocked in a minute)

Says you visited (i can't check my wall atm it crashes my game - phone wipe time after quest)

BUT no quest requests from anyone

i have force closed 4 times & even totally turned my phone off & on.

i have often thought like Cavegirl1, it's glitchy & it tricks itself into thinking you got them all.

i do wish if we HAVE to have friends requests they cud be at the end not start of the day, sitting around waiting for replies before you can get going adds to frustration levels. Which is most likely why it's this way, guess i answered my question. DUH!

Rhino Keeper
    Soooo.. Event finished for me. I got lelel 7 only... Those players who started this quest 2-3 days later and not so dumb as me who started from day1 even knowing all the bugs history of storm8 were in a much better position due to "generous" gifts from storm8 who finally released the drops from adventures and palace from Friday. But personally me that didnt help because before Friday I have already been 3 days behind. It's The most disappointing event for 3 years i am playing. Was about to delete the game.

Executive Chef
    Hi crumble, I've just sent you a friend invite. I could really use your beverage cart while waiting for these scrolls.

It's been 4 hours since I last received one.

Nightclub Owner
    Oh come on with the Onyx Crystal requirements!! It's impossible. I'm on Chapter 8 and it looks like I'll need 55 crystals to finish! There's no way! I only have 2 Onyx Pearls (one or two crystals each at best every 4 hours) and the random drop rate from the adventure and temple are terrible. What the heck are the developers thinking? I'm really getting fed up with this game SO NOT FUN anymore.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Rhino Keeper
    Right..... silly game /sigh

Firstly a hug to amerirish keep going with the adventures the only way is eventually extra black bally things will drop. Crosses fingers & grrrsss at the lucky/unlucky side of this quest. Was ages & 50 plus if not more adventures before i got one. i'm thinking i'll be spending few of my gold trade earned gems on an emblem to finish. Hugggggzzzz

Well, i've logged in & out, force closed & opened my game more times then a lady of the night.

Hi to all new neighbours, i've got the staff to put extra chlorine in the hot tub, the good whiskey on the drinks trolley & as it's summer 3 jugs of Pims & ofc strawberries & cream on the desert trolley.

As am guessing people are adding me (as i said i wud love to help) so i could send back friend requests from this quest......

i have since i mentioned it here couple of hours ago for people to add me received ONE friend request from a longer term friend wanting skunk removal liquid thingy.

i feel seriously frustrated here, i want to help, it's a community game, helping people is why i play community games.

But i can't :-( :-(((((((((((

Going to go try another force close or 2 & see if anything appears

xxx

crumble

Rhino Keeper
    sorry all. i feel like i gave false hope & let people down in a way.

i have tried for a few hours now & have honestly lost count of the times i've forced closed. The button has started making a click sound. Not one quest request received. So i couldn't answer any.

Sorry. i'll try once more but have to get couple of hours sleep. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by appppppplecrumble View Post
    sorry all. i feel like i gave false hope & let people down in a way.

i have tried for a few hours now & have honestly lost count of the times i've forced closed. The button has started making a click sound. Not one quest request received. So i couldn't answer any.

Sorry. i'll try once more but have to get couple of hours sleep. Sorry.
    Hey, Crumble! I sent a friend request (queendom name is Nottingham) just because you sound like a great neighbor, not because I need anything sent. Maybe a few others did the same as well.

Rhino Keeper
    What the h is going on here. Got 26 hours left in event and I can't do an adventure, craft related objects or collect items that are specific to this event,...