View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 92 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Executive Chef
    I was able to conclude the 'dreadful' Chapter 7 last night but was over-due 36hrs.. playing full time all day with 6hrs sleep.

Once reaching Chapter 8 (for my game.. and not before) it's true that the OYNX CRYSTALS and OYNX PEARLS drop rates change and are more abundant.. but I was not able to finish Chapter 8 yet, as I started with 0 Oynx Crystals.. and the 'real' collection of the Oynx Crystals has just started but being every 4hrs takes alittle time to accumulate.

Chapter 9 will be started late, with less hours over-due, but at least acceptable, for my style of play. I never depend on the last minutes of the timer.. and suggest players who are participating in the event not to do so! There isTOO much work, sacrifice and passion to throw away for an around-the-world timer, burping game or wifi black-outs.. including S8 black-outs that have happened in the past, unfortunately.

Suggestions are:
    ... Keep doing the Adventures continuosly... speed up toward the end if you can so as to do more Adventures per day as this is where the Oynx Pearls come from. More Pearls you collect.. more guarantee you have to be able to finish on time without stalls.

... Prepare ALL materials needed during your stall-time so you can fly through the Chapter after. Keep your Potion Shops, Work Shops busy all the time.

... Keep collecting materials used for the Adventures!!!

... Keep up you stock of Jewels, Wood, Stone, Well collections.

... for those who have goal black-out problems, first check your inventory of materials used for that goal, if you're maxed on something, use, sell or somehow throw away.. this has resolved problems for me.

And yes! this is a tricky event with a terrible stall, but hoping after Chapter 8 the road should smooth out. Patience with high hopes are the best tools to use.

Good Luck to all and hope you find LOTS of Onyx Pearls!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

My final day will soon kick in also. Petals were a huge struggle. Only after I used gems to get a little further came the dahlia gift and dahlia drops from adventures. If i had the bushes earlier (5 now) I wouldn't be so far behind now. I have all beams, blocks and potions made for future steps but I won't get there. I am five pearls short of getting to level 7 but by that time I'll have less than 24hrs to complete the last three chapters which still includes a neighbour request. Not a single gem left to even speed up the 4hr pearl timer ��

Farm Supplier
    Down to less than 24 hours now - without a time extension from S8, I have no chance to complete this one. (mind you, I've completed every event prior to this one with little trouble - and this one, I'm not even close - I'll make level 8 by noon-ish and only have about 12 hours left to get through 3 levels - not happening).

According to the 'proposed' experience chart on another thread, I'd be at level 86, so I've been playing a while. For this event, I set alarms on my phone so I could grab various items as soon as possible (never done that before either, so this event was not well thought out by S8 unfortunately).

I'll be very curious to see the poll results on this one to see just how many actually completed it. For me personally, I'm very disappointed. This will be the first event I haven't been able to complete in years... and I played a LOT this time around too...

Rhino Keeper
    The perrson who make this event is really crazy..

BECAUSE THIS EVENT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PlAY..
    IT COST ME ALREADY GEMS...AND STILL CAN NOT FINISH THIS..

S8..Your games are not fun anymore
    Last edited by judafarm; 07-22-17 at 01:54 AM.

Fashion Designer
    I now on chapter 7 with less than 24 hours to go. I am on the last step and have 12/15 of the onyx crystals needed to upgrade the temple. Clearly it is impossible for me to finish this without throwing huge amounts of gems at it. I've put I the effort but have had only one lucky drop from the adventure and that was a second rose bush yesterday so not hugely helpful at all.

I do have 6 boars and am nearly onto my 7th though.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostedThings View Post
    I'm really trying to understand why those of us who started on day one are suffering the most and having to pay for S8's many, many, many mistakes during this event.

I SPENT MONEY and have about 14 hours to complete chapters 8, 9 and 10, and that is obviously NOT going to happen.

How is that okay with S8? The free dahlia is all but useless to me. How about giving us pearls or extending the deadline to make up for the screwups we had to suffer through?

How about NOT angering the people who line your pockets, and showing that they are actually valued?

I have never been so angered by an event. I've been annoyed and frustrated but never angry enough to want to throw in the towel and delete the game from my phone.

I feel you too... but there was actually something S8 did that angered me FAR more than this event and that was their alteration of the Glimmer Alicorns. I spent a lot of money and gems to get the ones I have - then after the event, they changed the energy drop amount from a pre-altered value of 40 energy to a post-altered range of 4-40 (weighted on 4-6). I DID delete the game for a while after that, but eventually came back to play again. Like you though, this event has me reconsidering removing the game from my phone (along with the other S8 games I play).

I guess if I had any sense that they listen to us and attempt to make things right, I'd have a different opinion about all this and give them the benefit of the doubt that they're at least trying... but I have absolutely no impression that they care about anything except the bottom line and the player experience has dwindled considerably over the last few years. It's a shame - truly. There's over 900 posts in this thread alone and many of them are along the same lines of frustration - yet not a single post (that I've seen) from someone at S8 with any indication of an attempt to correct things. Yes, we got a free dahlia - but FAR too late (for me anyway - I was already past that critical point thanks to quite a few gems used, so their attempt to make up for things was more of a slap in the face that was basically worthless to me). I think going forward, I'll just wait until the event automatically force-starts on its own instead of starting it right away. Those that waited the extra couple days will likely be able to finish.

Anyway, sorry for my rant tonight - heading off to bed knowing that I have no chance to complete this one. Who knows, perhaps I'll wake up to a surprise and see that S8 extended the event... and if they do, I'll be certain to post my appreciation and retraction of my disgust with S8's inability or unwillingness to admit that they really messed up on this one and are working to correct their mistakes so that those of us who spent money, gems, and countless hours trying to complete an event that was stacked against us, can actually have sufficient time to do so.

I was happy with my second Dahlia at first, but having just one Onyx pearl is worse. Meanwhile I have 4 Dahlia's but behind again because I have just ONE Onyx pearl. I hate those random drops. I wish we were given more days to complete, and an Onyx pearl instead of waiting for the lucky drops, which some have.

In the past we got additional quests to catch up materials, please storm8, give us some additional ones to earn some pearls.

A chance to trade a Dahlia for an Onyx Pearl?

Edit: I just speeded up my ONE Onyx Crystal and got ONE Onyx Crystal, WOW
    Last edited by Dutchie27; 07-22-17 at 01:23 AM.

Stupid question but if it says i have 2 days to go i should be on chapter 8 right? I don't want to upgrade beyond the chapter as I need the drops to continue.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by saphirie View Post
    Stupid question but if it says i have 2 days to go i should be on chapter 8 right? I don't want to upgrade beyond the chapter as I need the drops to continue.
    Depends where it says 2 days

If it says 3 days on the icon, but 2 days when you open it, then you should be on chapter 8 (this is where I am).

But if it says 2 days on the icon but 1 day when you open it, then you should be on chapter 9.

Hope that makes sense

Executive Chef
    Got my Summoner's Orb in the forge so only a couple hours til completion.

I've managed to complete everything using zero gems!

This was a stressful event , but it's all turned out in the end.

Storm8 needs to learn from their mistakes and remove random drops from timed events , it isolates players by not rewarding hard work.
    Last edited by hagypagy; 07-22-17 at 02:10 AM.