View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 117 of 146 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Fashion Designer
    I'm using the event as a purple boar crafting event for me. So far I have 8 and I can almost craft #9 so 10 should come easily by the end of today, which is my last day. Not sure if I will make the final upgrade, but don't care much as its drops are worthless. Good luck everyone. I'm just going to enjoy the dark purple boars.

Host(ess)
    I have two Scorched Roses and collected now a few times from them after the event finished (couldn't finish btw), the drop rates of red petals for me is about 50%.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the randomness of this event. But I already learned from past events that for me it's practically unrealistic to complete them, and so I decided long ago to not let me get stresses out by those kind of events and never spend money on these.

But I'm still a bit sad I couldn't get the dragon, it would have been my first dragon in my Queendom, and I'm a huge dragon fan
    So congrats to all who could finish this event. And to all others just don't let you get stressed by a world, which is corrupted from money :P

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sophiensissi View Post
    I'm using the event as a purple boar crafting event for me. So far I have 8 and I can almost craft #9 so 10 should come easily by the end of today, which is my last day. Not sure if I will make the final upgrade, but don't care much as its drops are worthless. Good luck everyone. I'm just going to enjoy the dark purple boars.
    The crafted boars will continue dropping the scorched fur until the event officially ends for everyone so you should be able to craft a few more yet. 🤗

Fashion Designer
    I started a day late. I was able to take advantage of the glitch that auto-completed adventures. However, like everyone else I was stuck and a day behind gathering onyx petals. The free dahlia came too late to be of real help. Then I was stuck on the onyx crystals. I only received 1 from all my adventures. I finally bought the $10 pack to get the second pearl and the 10 crystals. As soon as I bought it, I received another pearl from the adventure. I wasn't sure if I would be able to make the 4 emblems, so I decided to buy a second pack. Turns out I would have made it without the second pack, but it was insurance. I just collected my 4th emblem and am ready to upgrade. Wouldn't you know the adventure gave me another pearl? Just when I don't need it. I'm with the others about sharing extras with neighbors. I never did get great drops nor did I set my timer to wake me up to collect. I just kept plodding along figuring I would get as far as I could. I really didn't think I had a chance to finish until yesterday. Thank you so much to everyone who posted requirements so I could have everything ready.

I join the voices of those unhappy with this event. I posted 50-60 pages ago saying S8 should extend this event by 5 days (that was before the free dahlia and the increase in drops). There are enough people who had huge issues with getting the game to play properly that I think S8 owes them more time or a free dragon or something.
    Kingdom is Nancelot. I play regularly and try to be very swift to respond to requests.

Farm Supplier
    I am in the middle of chapter 8 in the last 9 hours of my day 10. I did do some traveling and missed a lot of two hour collections early on. Getting the onyx petals was a struggle early on. I will not finish. I have one pearl and will not be able to collect the next 14 onyx things from it in the next 9 hours. Thanks S8 for the extra dahlia. I also received an extra one today (for the first time) from an adventure. The adventures have mostly given me scorched wings and a tree. It could've been a really nice event, but by around day 3 I knew I would not finish. I've gotten much farther in the last day or so than I thought I would. At least my purple table now looks like a building. I was able to make several boars, which will be a nice resource I think. It's back to catching more purple boars for me to see if I can craft one more before time runs out. Best wishes to the rest of you who have more time left.

Nightclub Owner
    My first collection from my Onyx Dragon yielded: 1075 coins and coal. Thank goodness I didn't spend anything on this event or I'd be livid that the prize drops are so lame.

Executive Chef
    Well. I managed to finish. I do have to say that I got pretty lucky in the drops from the adventures and got two additional onyx pearls. I also spent about 200 gems and bought one of the $10 packs. So all in all it cost me about $20 for this event. Without the onyx pearl drops from the adventures though, I would have had to use even more gems to make it work. Again not the event the I am the craziest about but I will say this, as long as they don't bring back leaderboards, I won't complain too terribly much about these types of events.

Fashion Designer
    Well given the issues this event has had, I almost have to laugh that it is the neighbour requests that have stopped me in my tracks on day 9, given I never have any issues with these.
    I had the normal quick replies from my well selected, actively playing (etc, etc) neighbours and got to 19 responses and then hit a glitch and have been stuck on that since. I know this glitch will mean I have to wait another 7 hours until the day rolls over before I can get that last one (yes, I have tried all the tricks to fix this). I don’t spend gems on events and am not prepared to pay even 10 gems to pass this step, particularly for an event that has caused such discontent across the board.

I think I might still make it (and I feel for all those who wanted to but won’t). Crafting times should be okay and I was lucky enough to get a third pearl on the weekend. If I do make it, I will feel like saying “Ha, Ha – you thought you could stop me? Well, think again”.
    Events like these are not designed to bring out the best in me…

(PS – And why do they give the option to decline requests - or gifts for that matter? Why would anyone decline???)

Fashion Designer
    I have just finished the event. It's sad to read about the poor drops expected from the new castle and dragon, not to mention the red bushes. So I have the purple dragon on my board, and although I know I earned it, I also feel I bought it. Why is that? ...... oh, expensive little fellow!
    I enjoyed some of the challenges, but felt truly frustrated most of the time. However, much better than a leaderboard game, I don't participate in those.
    Just wondering - if we all start 3 days into the next event, who will write anything on the forum?
    A big thanks to my neighbors too, wonderful with your responses. I didn't have trouble with S8 holding back requests, however I am careful to send them out in batches, only sending out about 20 of the best responders, then send out a few more after half an hour. Seems to be working.
    Back to the main story line. I don't buy permits either - because there wouldn't be a reason to play if I did.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Well given the issues this event has had, I almost have to laugh that it is the neighbour requests that have stopped me in my tracks on day 9, given I never have any issues with these.
    I had the normal quick replies from my well selected, actively playing (etc, etc) neighbours and got to 19 responses and then hit a glitch and have been stuck on that since. I know this glitch will mean I have to wait another 7 hours until the day rolls over before I can get that last one (yes, I have tried all the tricks to fix this). I don’t spend gems on events and am not prepared to pay even 10 gems to pass this step, particularly for an event that has caused such discontent across the board.

I think I might still make it (and I feel for all those who wanted to but won’t). Crafting times should be okay and I was lucky enough to get a third pearl on the weekend. If I do make it, I will feel like saying “Ha, Ha – you thought you could stop me? Well, think again”.
    Events like these are not designed to bring out the best in me…

(PS – And why do they give the option to decline requests - or gifts for that matter? Why would anyone decline???)
    Have you sent one to me, I didn't see it. Gamename Hopevale.
    I always keep back stormie for when that happens. It comes back fairly quickly regardless of how many were sent.

Edit - mixed up. Can't remember now, but I always respond. ( and never decline)
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 07-23-17 at 06:02 PM.