View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 64 of 146 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Giving up on this event. Just can't get enough onyx petals. S8 makes the events way too hard.

Rhino Keeper
    On the plus side, I'm up to 4 boars who are guarding my temple.

I loved whoever coined the term "build-a-boar" event. That's been my focus once I determined that the other goals are not possible.

Executive Chef
    On my 7th boar

Farm Supplier
    I cannot believe my good fortune for today! My level 5 on castle just dropped a violet plant for scorched petals! I now have two! There may be hope yet! I am not yet struggling with collecting onyx orbs or whatever comes next because I thought I'd be stuck collecting 20 scorched onyx petals but there's hope yet!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Meowmeowbeans View Post
    The Scorched Dahlia is also a possible reward from the Adventure. If you've completed the Adventure, you may want to check your Inventory to see if you've received more Scorched Dahlias.
    Hmm,
    Well and we did that and I got a second dahlia 2 days ago. So?
    I m still in chapter 6, 5/20 onyx petals.
    I've done something like 40 adventures, so?

I have 2 days left.

Dear Meow,
    Do you think I will catch up the final goal?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteMama View Post
    Spent money early on as I was traveling and wanted to finish. Now I know it is impossible to finish and that I wasted my money. Won't be doing that again. I have loved this game for years but am wondering now if S8 is trying to make us all quit so that they can end the game and move on to something else without looking like they abandoned the players.
    My thought exactly

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    On my 7th boar
    Wow....just wow. *insert smiley with big eyes*

Crafted my second boar in both my kingdoms today. I collected from farmhouses regularly, but even then, only 2. I will keep collecting from farmhouses, but will start sending my knights on adventure as well. Since I already knew I wasn't going to finish the event, I will send them out in the hopes of getting more flowers, not because they will be useful but because I think they're pretty. Trees will come in handy in the future.

The purple slab isn't dropping any useful items at this moment, maybe that will change after I got it to level 5.

Since I started this game there were more events that I didn't finish than events that I did finish. I don't spend money when it's unknown if it is possible to finish. I do not set my alarm at night to collect. I have work to do, within my home and elsewhere, so I won't be able to play 24/7. And I am not going to stress about a game with unrealistic goals. As someone said before: it's just a bunch of pixels. There a e more important things in life.

That said...I'm not very impresssed with this event to say the least. Storm8 did much better in the past.
    Last edited by Andro45; 07-20-17 at 12:37 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyDucky View Post
    Can we still craft the onyx boar in the workshop after the end of the 10-day quest. Thanks.
    The boar craft remains in the workshop after you finish level 10 of the temple. However, the onyx boars stop spawning. I was able to craft another boar from my pet boars dropping fur every 4 hrs. So if you want a lot of boars, make them before you finish the quest. Good luck.

Executive Chef
    Since my Veruca Salt tantrum breakdown a few pages back lol, I flew to Cali and made S8 drop 2 of their purple balls (welllll, I got em from adventures, lol) ..and my temple just coughed up an extra scorched bush so I could Aloe Vera mine lol.... so I DO now have my eyes on the prize, Violet netwiz. LOL

S8 ~ Take notes! The fact that those *needed-to-complete-the-quest* drops are RANDOM (hence, everyone doesn't get them) instead of being sequential additional rewards for everyone completing the goals, is the biggest problem I (& MANY OTHERS) have with this and so many other events like this.
    When a GAME, which is suppose to be a fun distraction, turns into an infuriating time-thief w/no progress, people get turned off, tune out, and LEAVE to find entertainment elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by katbtodd View Post
    On my 7th boar
    Me, too!! ... wanna race? LOL *wink*
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-20-17 at 05:12 PM. Reason: quote removed as post removed

New Resident
    I'm waiting for Chapter 9 to open about 11 hours from now but I am now unable to gather any resources: crystallized wood, shard, scorched petals. wings and no onyx boars are spawning, just the usual beasts. I cannot say about the pearl as I have a few hours to go. Also the scorched mountain journey is gone as well as are the ability to craft crystallized beams and block or nectar. The ability to craft a boar is there.

Have I missed something?

Thank you!