View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Volunteer Moderator SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

The Crystal Realm
    Time Zone Converter: compare where you are with United States-California-San Francisco

[==Update requires app update to Version 1.7+ on iOS/Android, Level 15+, and will be available to start beginning 7/13 12 PM DST. Once started, you will have 10 days to complete the event. The event will automatically start on 7/16 12 PM DST.==]

Please follow the forum posting rules or your post may be removed.

What happens when an event finishes?? Click here to take you to a post called How Community Events Work in the Hub.

Tips about the Event
    1. It's not that you have one day to complete a chapter - it's that another chapter won't UNLOCK until the next day.
    2. If you finish the chapter early, you have to wait for the remainder of the time to expire before the next chapter starts. You have to complete a chapter to begin the next chapter.
    3. If you take longer than a day to complete a chapter then the next one will start sooner.
    4. If you gem skip a chapter, the next one doesn't start sooner (you will wait even longer!).

5. ??? There are be 2 sets of requirements for this event - Low level is 15-30 and High level is 31-50

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritWind00 View Post
    Given we are nearing the end of the event, the poll has been added. I've incorporate the questions that have been posted in the thread. I've used all 13 spaces available...

If you haven't finished, don't vote yet. I'll keep it open till the end of the week to give everyone a chance to vote.

Please remember that all flaming and posts that derail the thread will be/have been removed. I appreciate that there may be a lot of negative posts coming and that's fine, just keep to the rules please... this thread is being monitored and our feedback about this event will be taken on board for future events.

Make sure you select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-24-17 at 02:42 AM.

Thank you gift - released 20 July - available for redemption now
    check your own timing on the goal

Spoiler: show

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-20-17 at 09:08 PM.

Remember to not finish last goal each day if you want to collect additional items (like crystal from the rustic well)

Thank you to those wonderful players who have posted the steps for us! It is very much appreciated

MATHS and PICTURES FROM SHIBUYACLOTH: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread...=1#post1436166

Chapter 1: Gemma: Hello there, Brave Ruler! What a wonderful day it is. You know what Sir Thurston says? A day full of sun is a day full of fun knightly-duties. Want to tag along while I do some of my chores?
    Chapter 1:
    Goal 1 Report for Duty 0/1 REPORT | when you click on report, there is dialogue with Gemma and Old Thomas
    Goal 2 Visit Old Thomas's house 0/1 GO (skip 2 gems)
    Goal 3 Tend Rocket Larkspurs 0/15 TEND (skip 15 gems)
    Goal 4 Visit the pond 0/15 GO (skip 15 gems)
    Goal 5 Visit farmhouses 0/15 GO (skip 15 gems) | when you complete this goal there is dialogue with Gemma and Old Thomas

Chapter 2: Old Thomas: Young Ruler, I have most worrisome news. Your attention is needed at once!
    Chapter 2:
    Goal 1 Speak with Old Thomas 0/1 SPEAK | when you complete this goal there is dialogue with the Ruler and Old Thomas
    Goal 2 Place the Onyx Temple 0/1 BUILD | Market, 100 coins - 10 jewels, 30 stone, 20 iron ore, 20 coal
    Goal 3 Visit a rustic well 0/12 | wells drop Crystal Shards
    Goal 4 Clear Crystalized Tree 0/2 CHOP (skip 40 gems) | Market, 2000 coins. Cleared in 10 actions
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 2 0/1 UPGRADE | 15 crystalized wood, 15 crystal shard

Chapter 3: Sir Thurston: The dangers from the Crystal Realm seem to be entering the Kingdom! We must stop them at once my liege!
    Chapter 3:
    Goal 1 Visit community kingdoms 0/40 VISIT (skip 400 gems)
    Goal 2 Slay onyx boars 0/6 GO (skip 120 gems) | spawn from farmhouses, take 10 hits, drops 1 pelt
    Goal 3 Journey to the Scorched Mountain | Castle, 2 hours: 1 pelt, 5 water, 5 roast chicken | Drops crystalized tree and random scorched petal or wings. | Goal prize: Scorched Rose (in inventory)
    Goal 4 Tend to scorched roses 0/10 TEND (skip 10 gems) | The rose has a 10 minute timer - drops white or red petals plus either scorched wings or scorched petals
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 3 0/1 UPGRADE | 20 crystalized wood, 20 crystal shard, 20 scorched petals

Chapter 4: When Gemma touched the orb she opened up the gateway to a darker realm. We must be wary of what has made its way into our Kingdom. Keep a look out for strange sights.
    Chapter 4:
    Goal 1 Search for Dark Magic 0/1 SEARCH
    Goal 2 Clear a crystalized tree 0/2 GO (skip 50 gems)
    Goal 3 Journey to the scorched mountain 0/2 JOURNEY (skip 60 gems) | Goal prize: 1 Scorched Dahlia (in inventory)
    Goal 4 Tend to scorched dahlias 0/8 TEND (skip 16 gems) | the dahlia has a 2 hour timer - drops Onyx petals, scorched wings. | Available in the market for 100 gems each (speed up is 8 gems)
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 4 0/1 UPGRADE | 25 crystalized wood, 25 crystal shard, 15 scorched petals, 15 onyx petals
    Note: Whilst waiting for dahlias you can still collect shards from Rustic wells, scorched fur from boar onyx, scorched petals & wings from scorched rose and scorched mountain adventure is still open.
    Note: If the adventure is locked, you need to clear one of your crystalized trees. Chop one and the adventure should reopen.

Chapter 5: Thurston: These beasts are posing quite a challenge! We're going to need a stronger blade. Don't worry Gemma! We're coming to save you!
    Chapter 5:
    Goal 1 Give Glimmerbulbs 0/30 GIVE (skip 60 gems)
    Goal 2 Ask for Onyx blades 0/15 ASK (skip 120 gems) | remember not to send too many requests for blades in chapter five as you will need to request onyx scrolls in another chapter from neighbors
    Goal 3 Slay Onyx Boars 0/6 GO (skip 120 gems)
    Goal 4 Journey to the Scorched Mountains 0/2 JOURNEY (skip 60 gems)
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 5 0/1 UPGRADE | 30 crystalized wood, 30 crystal shard, 15 onyx petals, 7 scorched wings

Chapter 6: Old Thomas: The temple draws power from the crystals. Perhaps if we embellish the structure with them it will grow even more powerful.
    Chapter 6:
    Goal 1 Visit Old Thomas' house 0/1 GO (skip 2 gems)
    Goal 2 Visit the sawmill 0/2 GO (skip 8 gems)
    Goal 3 Make crystalized beams 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | Workshop, 1 hour - 20 cystalized wood, 5 jewels, 10 wood
    Goal 4 Make crystalized blocks 0/1 GO (skip 20 gems) | Workshop, 1 hour - 20 crystal shard, 5 jewels, 10 stone
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 6 0/1 UPGRADE | 1 crystalized beam, 1 crystalized block, 20 onyx petals, 10 scorched wings

Chapter 7: Ivy: I'm worried about Thurston, he seems to down in the dumps. I think he feels responsible for what's happened to poor Gemma.
    Chapter 7:
    Goal 1 Check on Sir Thurston 0/1 INVESTIGATE
    Goal 2 Journey to Scorched Mountain 0/1 JOURNEY (skip 30 gems) | Goal prize - Onyx Pearl, 4 hour timer (16 gems to speed up)
    Goal 3 Tend to the Onyx Pearl 0/2 TEND (skip 8 gems)
    Goal 4 Make crystalized nectar 0/1 GO (skip 35 gems) | Potion shop, 2 hours - 10 scorched petal, 5 onyx petals, 1 scorched wing
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 7 0/1 UPGRADE | 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 15 onyx crystal, 2 crystalized nectar

Chapter 8: Old Thomas: You and Thurston are working very hard keeping these pesky boars at bay! maybe we should try and replenish our strength? To the tavern!
    Chapter 8:
    Goal 1 Slay onyx boars 0/3 GO (skip 60 gems)
    Goal 2 Visit the tavern 0/2 CHECK (skip 16 gems)
    Goal 3 Give pasta to Thurston 0/7 GIVE (skip 10 gems)
    Goal 4 Journey to scorched mountain 0/1 JOURNEY (skip 30 gems)
    Goal 5 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 8 0/1 UPGRADE | 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 15 onyx crystal, 2 crystalized nectar

Chapter 9: Thurston: Old Thomas has informed the knights to look for any scrolls relevant to this dark realm. Could you help us ask around? We'll need them to find the instructions on finishing up the temple.
    Chapter 9:
    Goal 1 Ask neighbours for Onyx scrolls 0/20 ASK (skip 160)
    Goal 2 Visit community kingdoms 0/40 VISIT (skip 400 gems)
    Goal 3 Forge the onyx emblem 0/1 GO (skip 45 gems) | Magic Forge, 4 hours - 10 onyx crystals, 5 silver, 10 iron ore
    Goal 4 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 9 0/1 UPGRADE | 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 2 crystalized nectar, 2 onyx emblem (45 gems each)

Chapter 10: Old Thomas: We are nearly ready to power this orb. Hopefully it will open the gateway to the realm and allow our Gemma to return!
    Chapter 10:
    Goal 1 Visit farmhouses 0/5 GO (skip 5 gems)
    Goal 2 Give hearty feast to Old Thomas 0/4 GIVE (skip 20 gems)
    Goal 3 Conjure a summoners orb 0/1 FORGE (skip 80 gems) | Magic Forge, 4 hours - 10 empty orbs (from onyx pearl), 10 onyx petals, 5 silver
    Goal 4 Upgrade the Onyx Temple to level 10 0/1 UPGRADE | 3 crystalized beam, 3 crystalized block, 1 summoners orb, 2 onyx emblem
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-24-17 at 04:06 AM.

A Not So Boar-ing Event
    * Triggered by completing Chapter 3, Goal 1.
    * You can craft as many of these as you wish!
    * The Onyx Boar spawn from farmhouses.
    * The Onyx Boar has a 4 hour collection time and seems to drop everything a normal Boar drops and drops 2-3 energy and scorched Fur so it's very useful for collecting more Scorched Fur without tapping on farmhouses.

Dialogue:
    Sir Thurston: We must defeat these dark creatures and whatever magic they may bring with them!
    1: A Not So Boar-ing Event
    * Lure a Wild Onyx Boar 0/1 LURE
    * Slay a Wild Onyx Boar 0/1 FIGHT (skip 10 gems)
    * Gather scorched fur 0/5 GO (skip 50 gems)
    * Tame an Onyx Boar 0/1 TAME | Workshop, 15 minutes - 40 scorched fur
    Rewards: 1000 coin, 100 xp
    Congratulations: Thurston: Well done, my liege!

Wild Onyx Boar (monster)
    Found: spawns from farmhouses (after chapter 3, goal 2)
    Drops: Scorched Fur, Boar Pelt, Fur, Bone, Creep Tooth, Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Boar Tusk, or Feral Magic.

Wild Onyx Boar (craft)
    Info:
    Crafted: Workshop, 15 minutes - 40 wild onyx boar pelts
    Drops: Scorched Fur, Boar Pelt, Fur, Bone, Creep Tooth, Troll Horn, Troll Essence, Boar Tusk, or Feral Magic.
    Collection time: 4 hours (speed up x gems)

Onyx Boar trap
    Info: Chop to lure an Onyx Boar!
    Found: market, 15 gems
    Uses: chop to lure a Wild Onyx

Event pictures
    Spoiler: show

Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-20-17 at 09:12 PM.

Onyx Temple (limited timed event goal, level 15+) (2x2) limit 1 Cannot be sold
    This item was only available during the event it was released.
    Info: A resource building. Collect from it to earn various crafting materials.
    Cost: 100 coin
    Collection time: 8 hours
    Speed up: 16 gems
    Drops during event: Glimmerbulb, Purple Dye, Scorched Dahlia, or Scorched Rose
    Drops after event: Glimmerbulb, Purple Dye, Scorched Dahlia, or Scorched Rose, Enchanted Block, Enchanted Beams, or Mithril
    [When the Crystal Realm Chapters are active and you unlock the items, the Onyx Temple has a chance to drop Crystalized Wood, Crystal Shard, Scorched Fur, Scorched Petals, Scorched Wings, Onyx Petals, or a Crystalized Tree. Keep in mind certain items unlock later in the story event.]
    Level 1/Build: 10 jewel, 30 stone, 20 iron ore, 20 coal
    Level 2: 15 crystalized wood, 15 crystal shard
    Level 3: 20 crystalized wood, 20 crystal shard, 20 scorched petals
    Level 4: 25 crystalized wood, 25 crystal shard, 15 scorched petals, 15 onyx petals
    Level 5: 30 crystalized wood, 30 crystal shard, 15 onyx petals, 7 scorched wings
    Level 6: 1 crystalized beam, 1 crystalized block, 20 onyx petals, 10 scorched wings
    Level 7: 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 15 onyx crystal, 2 crystalized nectar
    Level 8: 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 15 onyx crystal, 2 crystalized nectar
    Level 9: 2 crystalized beam, 2 crystalized block, 2 crystalized nectar, 2 onyx emblem
    Level 10: 3 crystalized beam, 3 crystalized block, 1 summoners orb, 2 onyx emblem

When the Crystal Realm Chapters are active and you unlock the items, the Onyx Temple has a chance to drop Crystalized Wood, Crystal Shard, Scorched Fur, Scorched Petals, Scorched Wings, Onyx Petals, or a Crystalized Tree. Keep in mind certain items unlock later in the story event.

Once you unlock the items, the Onyx Temple also has a chance to drop Glimmerbulb, Purple Dye, Scorched Dahlia, or Scorched Rose. These drops are during the event and after the event is over. If you get the Onyx Temple to level 10, it has a chance of dropping Enchanted Block, Enchanted Beams, or Mithril.

Pictures from ShibuyaCloth: click here

All resource items are now in the inventory guide.

Crystal shard 0/99
    Info: The shard of a dark crystal! They seem to be growing in the Rustic Well!
    Found: collecting from wells
    Uses:

Crystalized tree 10 chops to clear
    Info: A tree overgrown with crystals. Drops crystalized wood when chopped
    Found: market, 2000 coin
    Drops / Uses: crystalized wood, wood

Crystalized wood 0/99
    Info: Crystals seem to have taken over this wood!
    Found: chopping Crystalized trees
    Uses:

Onxy Pearl
    Info:
    Found: collecting from Onyx
    Drops: Onyx Crystal and Iron Ore
    Collection time: 4 hours (speed up 16 gems)
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 08-07-17 at 02:54 AM.

Executive Chef

The Crystal Realm July 13 2017

Just after I used up all my energy, I found out this not going to start it now.
    Chapter event?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2711 
Size:	121.3 KB 
ID:	37404
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 07-20-17 at 08:56 PM. Reason: removed 2nd photo as I've put it up in post 1. thanks!
    ⚔ (lighting)⚔
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society⚔ Sword #71

Rhino Keeper
    Mm. Me too. Was hoping to see some info in case I need to put out markets or libraries or something.

Fashion Designer
    1.1 click and ready...
    1.2 Visit old Thomas 1x
    1.3 Tend Rocket Larkspurs 15x

1.4 Visit the pond 15x
    ⚔ Thuakie Sword Society ⚔ Sword #12

#return2storyline #bringbacktherealcastlestory #resistforcedgemspending

1.4 Visit the Pond 15x

Page 1 of 146 123451151101 ... LastLast