View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 125 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    My storybook ends tonight. I had been clinging to some small hope that I might somehow still be able to finish, but I am stuck on Chapter 9, step 1. Overnight I was able to get 18/20 requests. So this morning I sent to Stormie and a few more neighbors. Now I'm at 19/20, and I know that's a terrible place to be. Looks like I get to add another unfinished structure to the other 10 in my inventory. Glad I only dropped about a dozen gems on this event. Kind of wish I could have those back, though.

Look you need 40 onyx crystals for levels 9 and 10. Which means if you mostly get 1 crystal per drop than in order to just collect enough crystals within 48 hours, you need a minimum of 3 Onyx pearls. Even that requires a handful or two of multi-crystal drops in order to get the thing crafted in time. And that's collecting every 4 hours on the dot.

If you have fewer than 3 pearls, even with perfect minding, you're going to need to get SERIOUSLY lucky on drops in order to finish. It's doable with 3 or 4 crystals, but not comfortably and you're not going to sleep.

Honestly, this is a ridiculous, ridiculous storybook quest. You need a combination of perfect minding to the game AND really, really good luck in order to finish on time. And because of the bizarre time requirements, even most of the people who had that needed to spend gems to win. We've got what, less than 10 people who have said that they finished and finished without spending anything? That's ridiculous.

Rhino Keeper
    Need 3 more onyx scrolls. Help please. id WhidbeyPort. And 2nd acct id 29vanilla. Glad to help anyone too. Thanks.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by 29vanilla View Post
    Need 3 more onyx scrolls. Help please. id WhidbeyPort. And 2nd acct id 29vanilla. Glad to help anyone too. Thanks.
    I've invited both of your accounts

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by volissos View Post
    Help, I'm stuck! I don't know how I messed up the requests for chapter 9, but I am stuck at 11 the last 8 hours. This event has been a nightmare and it will be very difficult to finish anyway, but I wouldn't want it to be because of the nine remaining requests... Anyone interested in becoming neighbours? My ID is Volissos.
    scroll sent. I hope it's showing up for you!
    Yea for all who are giving it all you can. Good luck.
    Give it the last hurrah. Or go down with the ship.
    Last edited by riverly; 07-24-17 at 01:01 PM.

Rhino Keeper
    Well I think the poll results so far say it all!!

Rhino Keeper
    i came up against These neighbour requests last night & got frustrated more then trying to eat peas with a knife.

not trying to get requests sent to me (i wasn't up to that bit till today) but trying to help some forum fellows (who are now new neighbours /waves)

thou people were adding me & have continued today i'm not getting sent requests for scrolls as well... shrugs ?????

well not many about 2. i'm thinking is possibly more then one problem going on here?????

i have been forcing closing so much looking for people asking me for scrolls i've made both my button & finger start clicking funny. Tx goodness new phone at weekend.

i play community games to be part of a community & help & be helped & muck around & a have a laugh.

i felt dreadful that i cudnt help people last night, some of whom said they had sent me requests (& i didn't get them) & still haven't this morning (a new S8 day). Sorry my new Huckletown Huckleberry friend.

Having said that if you need help i'm WaltonOnTheNaze i'd appppppplecrumble (7p's don't ask) i wud love to help.

Oh and FrostedThings, (just caught up on forum) & blushing from the compliment (thou questioning your sanity too :-P it's the way i slice the cucumber for the pims isn't it?)

Mind you Nottingham is a pretty city, i remember a brilliant night out in your famous Trip to Jerusalem Tavern.

Thou on second thoughts if i remember the night out at a tavern maybe it wasn't that brilliant lol.

Good luck fellow Castlefarians

xxx

crumble

If anyone still needs scrolls please add me, kingdom name Robinhood. I will be playing off and on for the next several hours so and would be more than happy to help out. There does see to be a glitch on requests. One neighbor sent me a request but I didn't receive it until 14 hours later.

I collected four times from the temple so far. The first 3 collections gave one glimmer bulb each, the fourth collection gave me a glimmer blub and an enchanted beam. Working on my 8th onyx boar not that I really needed another.

Good luck.

Rhino Keeper
    The poll results are quite interesting.

I feel like an idiot spending gems and $ to complete this event. I understand that the level 10 temple only has a "chance" of dropping enchanted beams/block or mithril, but so far I've only received purple dye and glimmerbulbs (except that I'm maxed) and 15 coins per collection. The 15 coins is the part that is the insult. This was a grand prize item that took effort to achieve and it drops fewer coins than virtually anything else in my kingdom. Frankly I think it should drop 1,500 coins per collection to be on par with other event prizes. And the dragon is cute, but I certainly don't need any more dragon scales. This is a quick and easy way to make sure that I don't spend any more money on any future events. And honestly, for anyone struggling to finish the event - unless you are trying to build a purple kingdom and/or have your heart set on the dragon, it's not worth it.

But I absolutely love my boar army. I'm hoping they still have the energy drops after the event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by volissos View Post
    Help, I'm stuck! I don't know how I messed up the requests for chapter 9, but I am stuck at 11 the last 8 hours. This event has been a nightmare and it will be very difficult to finish anyway, but I wouldn't want it to be because of the nine remaining requests... Anyone interested in becoming neighbours? My ID is Volissos.
    I sent an invite