View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 134 of 146 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Lueann View Post
    I have less than 4 hours and could finish if I spent a minimum of 60 gems. I'm wanting opinions of those who have finished, would it be worth it?
    I see the dragon can drop gems so might be possible to make those back eventually, but I hate spending that much to finish something when it was done so poorly.
    Considerations on the Temple and Dragon:

The drops I've seen so far from the 10th level Temple is 15coins and 1Glimmerbulb.. so.. I don't consider it a useful building, and maybe the only resource that drops so little coins in the kingdom.

I Glimmerbulb every 7hrs means 2 per day using 2 energy to collect so sounds abit stingy considering we can plant a whole batch and double our harvest while collecting. Glimmerbulbs are not difficult to replace. The only positive point is we can save the 340 coins needed to plant one, but sounds insignificant for all the sacrifice and cost! needed to obtain it. My building will definitely be stored.

The Dragon so far has dropped scales.. and only once Mirthil. Nothing new if you have other normal dragons and the Mirthil dragon which drops mirthil each day. If ever it will drop a gem.. I'm sure it will be once in his lifetime, that will never repay what anyone spent.

A player on my wall wrote a 'wise' consideration that can make u ponder.. "can't make myself spend gems to get the dragon because they were incompetent in the event design" I think this can explain everything.

I have the Dragon and the Temple but I'm no way proud of the cost I had to obtain them.. actually I feel offended and robbed. Those that did not have to add gems during this event.. I consider a lucky strike and.. reserved to very few players and not an overall general situation. I should have "zipped".
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I've been trying to quietly hold on until the end in hopes that some miracle would happen. I'm now on Chapter 10 Goal 3 of 4. I am conjuring the Summoner's Orb (4 hours) in the Magic Forge. I have 7 Onyx Crystals of the 20 I need to craft 2 more emblems. My Onyx Peals have time for one more collection with my remaining time left. Even if I did have the whole 20 crystals, one of my forge buildings is busy with the orb. So, therefore, it is impossible for me to finish without spending a ton of gems.

I will wait until the morning to see if there is any announcement or extension of time. After that, depending on the outcome, please know that I will be deleting all of my neighbors and dumping this game. If you are neighbors with Amerlot, I send you my thanks and best wishes. I just can't do this anymore.
    I'm not ur nbr, actually I just added u to see if we were, but do consider u an old friend as u're a long time player and have posted very often in the forum for years.

I'm almost sure there will be no extra time added, in the past this has never happened, but publicly would like u to know our forum would loose a valuable poster if u decide to go. Ur posts have always been wise and helpful to everyone.

Yes.. this event has been badly timed for the games' possibilities. I hate to think this has been done purposly.. and just hope it was all a big mistake of bad calculations.

Let's all just paint it with blue and throw it in the deep blue sea so it disappers.. instead of using it as an important reason to go. Your presence and thoughts would be so missed.
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 07-25-17 at 11:14 PM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Host(ess)
    One of the worst event

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by riverly View Post
    I've just been getting a black flag on glimmerbulbs from the temple.
    I guess the rare chance of mitherl is about 1:1000. BecauseI've not seen anyone post that dropping yet.
    I think the drops listed at the beginning of the event were misleading -unless maybe they change when the event is over.
    Pretty annoyed so far.
    To make matters worse I put out too many purple trees to chop, so now I have a large wasted area of purple trees that I can't store.
    My luck I'll need to grow aspens or acers trees for next event.
    Let's hope at least they keep giving wood and can be used when in need.

My storage is over-loaded with every continuous and overtimed adventure I did, even when finished with that part of the event where they were needed. All went into storage. Luckily the max cap 99 was changed otherwise I would have had to store important buildings in order to fit them into the kingdom, thus having to keep them there permanently.

This was another calculation error.. too many trees at the wrong time when not necessary anymore.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by amerirish View Post
    I've been trying to quietly hold on until the end in hopes that some miracle would happen. I'm now on Chapter 10 Goal 3 of 4. I am conjuring the Summoner's Orb (4 hours) in the Magic Forge. I have 7 Onyx Crystals of the 20 I need to craft 2 more emblems. My Onyx Peals have time for one more collection with my remaining time left. Even if I did have the whole 20 crystals, one of my forge buildings is busy with the orb. So, therefore, it is impossible for me to finish without spending a ton of gems.

I will wait until the morning to see if there is any announcement or extension of time. After that, depending on the outcome, please know that I will be deleting all of my neighbors and dumping this game. If you are neighbors with Amerlot, I send you my thanks and best wishes. I just can't do this anymore.
    I wasn't your neighbor, but I hate to see you leave

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonVillage3 View Post
    Let's hope at least they keep giving wood and can be used when in need.

My storage is over-loaded with every continuous and overtimed adventure I did, even when finished with that part of the event where they were needed. All went into storage. Luckily the max cap 99 was changed otherwise I would have had to store important buildings in order to fit them into the kingdom, thus having to keep them there permanently.

This was another calculation error.. too many trees at the wrong time when not necessary anymore.
    well after some redecorating, I came up with a "purple" area in my kingdom. I kind of used them as a fence. But I had to lose some Royal points to do that.

I feel like I'm being ultra negative at the moment. Or realistic. Anyway I'll get past it. Moving onward.

Executive Chef
    First collection from my lvl 10 temple: 1 (one) glimmerbulb. No more, no less. Not even a lousy 15 coins. I almost laughed.

New Resident
    The event finished while I was waiting for my lovely neighbours to send me onyx scrolls. I don't like neighbour requests. As far as I am aware, all of my neighbours are human and as such have work/school, chores, eating and sleep requirements. Added to those basic requirements my neighbours are spread across the globe so are in different time zones. We respond to each other promptly when possible and enjoy helping build kingdoms through the main storyline. However, during timed events, I see neighbour requests as nothing more than a way for storm8 to steal time and transfer the blame to someone else. Not a good ethos. If this is not the case, then why can players not run tasks simultaneously while waiting for neighbours to respond. I had my beams and nectar ready, I could have been handing out my pre-made meals and making onyx emblems. Tapping a request button adds nothing to the excitement or challenge of the game. I did use gems to speed up so I could send out my neighbour requests but only free gems I have earned. I cannot justify paying for gems to be given random drops or drops so low the targets cannot be met. I agree with those players who suggest charging gems for expansion packs. I have used gems for buildings such as the wizard school that has a regular and guaranteed benefit. Perhaps this should be the way to make money. At the moment your methods are to encourage players, including children, to gamble with cash - seriously immoral. Come on Storm8, stop being a Baron!

Oh, as a mark of this adventures popularity, I had one request for an onyx scroll. One! From a player I am sure uses a lot of gems. Usually I am swamped with requests.

Farm Supplier
    The poll... a 7% approval rating...

S8 - that should tell you something right there. and I have yet to see any kind of sincere apology or attempt to rectify your complete incompetence in this event!

Very sad indeed...

sorry SW...
    Last edited by AstronomyDan; 07-26-17 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Edited

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    First collection from my lvl 10 temple: 1 (one) glimmerbulb. No more, no less. Not even a lousy 15 coins. I almost laughed.
    same here, rofl - at least no gems spent