View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 120 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by cavegirl1 View Post
    Well given the issues this event has had, I almost have to laugh that it is the neighbour requests that have stopped me in my tracks on day 9, given I never have any issues with these.
    I had the normal quick replies from my well selected, actively playing (etc, etc) neighbours and got to 19 responses and then hit a glitch and have been stuck on that since. I know this glitch will mean I have to wait another 7 hours until the day rolls over before I can get that last one (yes, I have tried all the tricks to fix this). I don?t spend gems on events and am not prepared to pay even 10 gems to pass this step, particularly for an event that has caused such discontent across the board.

I think I might still make it (and I feel for all those who wanted to but won?t). Crafting times should be okay and I was lucky enough to get a third pearl on the weekend. If I do make it, I will feel like saying ?Ha, Ha ? you thought you could stop me? Well, think again?.
    Events like these are not designed to bring out the best in me?

(PS ? And why do they give the option to decline requests - or gifts for that matter? Why would anyone decline???)
    hi cavegirl and whoever has this problem...
    this hint will be late for this event.. but maybe can help in the future. I find too that glitch of our last response missing.. and like u tried all the possibilities available to resolve, which as u said, unfortunately! makes u overlap into the next CS day.

here's what works for me...

send gifts at that moment.. all 3 of them.. and magically ur last response is delivered after.
    obviously that day u send out ur requests, keep ur 'gifting' for that particular moment.
    when u reach the point that u have to admit ur last response has stalled.. and only after trying all the other usual procedures we can do.. use 'gifting' before u give up and as the last resource u try.. it always works for me.

Good Luck and hope u make it.. u're always a great help to others in difficulty.

PS.. the 'decline' tab is reserved for terrible nbrs who have publicly harmed or offended u and before deleting them from ur nbr list u have the pleasure of refusing them ur help... hahahaha!

edited to add:
    it's important not to send out new requests after ur first batch.. which should be more or less double what u need to usual 'playing' nbrs.. as this new batch only over-rides ur first batch putting them towards the end of the delivery list and starting the whole procedure from the beginning again.. with extra stall time.
    patiently wait!
    Last edited by MoonVillage3; 07-24-17 at 12:24 AM.
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcorrigan View Post
    After reading through over 1100 posts in the last 11 days, I wanted to provide my thoughts too.

S8, pay attention:
    Happy players spend. Frustrated players may spend. But they may also quit, causing you to lose a revenue source. Many people have stated no more cash after this event. And several more have left. That hurts us all since many stay because of the community, but as the community shrinks, so do our reasons for playing (and spending).
    Player expectations of a storybook event: each day's goal can actually be reasonably accomplished in a single day. Do your math ahead of time. Test the event.
    Do not have neighbor requests during a timed event especially a storybook event event, at least until you have fixed the response issues. Do not, under any circumstances, have 2 neighbor requests in the same event. And never towards the end of an event.
    Provide an elven boost for the forge, especially if you are going to have events with more than one item being made in the forge with such long crafting times. Cruel to have resources required for those crafts also with ridiculous collection times. Having those all in the last chapter is just criminal. Better yet, see the meaning of reasonable activities for a single day. Check some of the original storybook events. Do your research. Again, happy players spend.
    Make the prizes worth the effort.
    Acknowledge that this event was impossible as designed. And if it was designed as a gem event, inform your players up front. You've done that before (fire fox). Be honest with us. We'll appreciate it.

Lecture over.
    Also, S8 if you are sooo desperate for money please just do what everyone has been asking for and work on the actual story line allowing players to continue the original UNTIMED questline. You could easily just charge a fee for the "expansion pack". If players are interested they will shell out the money to continue the game play.

Or you could just sell cute things to those with lots of money and make the timed events doable.

This is how Castleville got messed up. Too many unreasonable timed events and not enough fun untimed events. The reason I started this game was because I do not enjoy the stress of timed games (life has too much of that already). So please try to understand where the players are coming from. I used to buy gems because I enjoyed the game and was willing to pay to continue enjoying it. If I did not have so many years into building this and so mach money invested I would have quit by now. Same problems with Farm Story which I rarely play but have not deleted because of the money invested.

After all the expected hassle and heartache, I sure wasn't prepared for the final blow... the size of the dragon! It may look similar to the Spring Dragon but it sure isn't sized that way! I had a spot all ready for it but had to rearrange things because of its unexpected dwarfism.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosethornshurt View Post
    After all the expected hassle and heartache, I sure wasn't prepared for the final blow... the size of the dragon! It may look similar to the Spring Dragon but it sure isn't sized that way! I had a spot all ready for it but had to rearrange things because of its unexpected dwarfism.
    not only.. it has completely different drops. I did have my heart to complete the purple dragon hoping in a friend for the Spring Dragon.. but they do look awkward together!
    💞  ⚔TSS⚔#74

Farm Supplier
    Ok so I finished with 20 min to spare only because I decided to fork over 45 gems for the final onyx orb for upgrade. 4 hours more and I would have made it without spending any gems. However I don't sleep well these days, being sick, and I play all hours and I find myself rather lucky this event with multiple purple ball piles given from quest rewards. Somehow I feel *****ed and abused lol! I was determined to get the dragon as it is my first dragon on the board and it's purple! But seriously this event could have been awesome if the collection time or event duration was actually possible. I am surprised at my new found excitement over the boars I thought I'd hate haha but they're rather useful little guys and I hope they stay that way.

Rhino Keeper
    *Heartbreak*

Well, I bought the first pack. I had plans so I was actually not really able to do days 2 and 3 on time, I figured I'd catch up. And then there were the terrible drop rates (which I didn't realize at the time were just as bad for people who were able to do the game at the correct time). So I bought the pack for ?1200. I find it funny that I had "connection errors" multiple times in my "15x 1 minute of unlimited energy", which resulted in me losing 4-5 of those minutes having to re-do the same actions again and again. The "connection errors didn't happen again before or after those 15 minutes. Then a few hours later I get the free dahlia and another from a journey. A little irritating, but whatever.

I was slowly catching up. I spent a few gems to speed things so I would get closer to where I should have been. And then there were those stupid ass pearls. I waited a bit to see if anything would happen and there was nothing. The forum had been complaining about them for more than a few pages. So I checked my side offers again hoping for pearls in sale. At this point I had upgraded it to level 7 (and was working on the pearls to upgrade it to level 8). There was nothing but the stupid dahlias on sale for another 5 days. So I bought some gems. A few hours later checking the forum, and someone mentioned a pearl sale. Now when I went back to look the dahlias had changed to pearls. It was frustrating. But whatever. I had gems, I used them to speed through a few things. I managed to get another 3 pearls from speeding through quests. So at this point I've spent ?2400 and used over 100gems.

It was going to be by the skin of my teeth, but I thought I might still have a few hours of buffer. And then I dared to fall asleep last night for 6 hours. When I woke up at 8:30, I had 7 hours and change and 19/20 pearls for the final two emblems, PLUS I finally managed to upgrade the castle to level 9 and get the orb unlocked. You can see the problem, I'm sure. 3 crafts, each 4 hours and only 2 buildings in which to craft them. So I put in the orb and one emblem. Got them out. Started crafting the last emblem and was going to gem finish it right before 4pm (the reset time here), and life happened. I logged back in at 4:03.

And now the ffffffff dragon is on sale for 500 gems. It is really just salt on the wound.

I don't think I'll be spending any more money on this game. I don't even know if I want to continue playing this game.

Fashion Designer
    Just want to add to the Level10 Onyx Temple drops. I just got a mithril and a glimmerbulb.

Good luck to those still adventuring.

Btw, for those after red petals in the future, I can recommend the Valentine flowers we made in the Love Shack. They give about 50/50 of white and red petals.
    Last edited by Flowersandgems; 07-24-17 at 01:27 AM.

Executive Chef
    Still waiting for my last scroll...thought I'd be fine once the new day started but nothing. S8, I WILL NOT gem skip because I REFUSE to be COERCED in to using gems or spending money.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Still waiting for my last scroll...thought I'd be fine once the new day started but nothing. S8, I WILL NOT gem skip because I REFUSE to be COERCED in to using gems or spending money.
    I just sent you one

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosethornshurt View Post
    Aww man! I try to make sure I have an even number of each animal to set them up in a mirrored way so when I received the Onyx Dragon I put it opposite to my Spring Dragon to balance out my dragon area. After reading your post I went back and really looked and I immediately saw what you mentioned. I suppose my saving grace is that the way I have them placed means you don't really see the difference until you look closely. But still...