View Poll Results: Overall, I enjoyed this storybook event? | *5 day timed poll*

Voters
590. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completed the event

202 34.24%
  • I didn't complete the event

345 58.47%
  • Agree

40 6.78%
  • Neutral

106 17.97%
  • Disagree

350 59.32%
  • I didn't participate

8 1.36%
  • I didn't craft an Onyx Boar

37 6.27%
  • I crafted 1 or more Onyx Boars

481 81.53%
  • I started on day 1

314 53.22%
  • I started on day 2-3

169 28.64%
  • I waited till autostart

52 8.81%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and completed it

167 28.31%
  • I spent gems/money on this event and DIDN'T complete it

231 39.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 122 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1454

Thread: Castle Story 7/13 - Storybook event | The Crystal Realm |

Rhino Keeper
    Thank you for the poll SW.

Contrary to what I promised myself (and the forum) I did finish the event but only because I have invested gems into it.

It was an unpleasant and badly designed thing that put those who started early at a clear disadvantage. It got easier towards the end when the drops have been appropriated but still I was forced to wake up at night in order to collect! This is neither funny nor healthy type of entertainment in my book.

Second worst event after the tea party.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by HuckleTown View Post
    Still waiting for my last scroll...thought I'd be fine once the new day started but nothing. S8, I WILL NOT gem skip because I REFUSE to be COERCED in to using gems or spending money.
    The same for me. I got 19 scrolls as quickly as possible and then hours of silence followed...
    Luckily I used someone's old advice and didn't send a request to Stormie at first. After it became clear that 19 was my cap for the day I requested Stormie and got the 20th scroll.

Hello everyone,

I have not read the lates 20 pages or so,
    Sorry if it was already explained here:

Does anybody know what the Onyx Dragon can drop:
    First drop for me was about 1400 coins.....

Best regards,

FazerJan
    The Netherlands

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by hkcorrigan View Post
    After reading through over 1100 posts in the last 11 days, I wanted to provide my thoughts too.

S8, pay attention:
    Happy players spend. Frustrated players may spend. But they may also quit, causing you to lose a revenue source. Many people have stated no more cash after this event. And several more have left. That hurts us all since many stay because of the community, but as the community shrinks, so do our reasons for playing (and spending).
    Player expectations of a storybook event: each day's goal can actually be reasonably accomplished in a single day. Do your math ahead of time. Test the event.
    Do not have neighbor requests during a timed event especially a storybook event event, at least until you have fixed the response issues. Do not, under any circumstances, have 2 neighbor requests in the same event. And never towards the end of an event.
    Provide an elven boost for the forge, especially if you are going to have events with more than one item being made in the forge with such long crafting times. Cruel to have resources required for those crafts also with ridiculous collection times. Having those all in the last chapter is just criminal. Better yet, see the meaning of reasonable activities for a single day. Check some of the original storybook events. Do your research. Again, happy players spend.
    Make the prizes worth the effort.
    Acknowledge that this event was impossible as designed. And if it was designed as a gem event, inform your players up front. You've done that before (fire fox). Be honest with us. We'll appreciate it.

Lecture over.
    I agree with all of this. I think it's extremely poor planning when people DO spend and still don't complete it. A good event should be finishable for free for anyone if they invest the time in it, and easily obtainable if you spend some money. I thought the event before this with the celestial cats was a good example.

Rhino Keeper
    I will not be able to finsih the event. Not even close. I am level 50 with many Alis but that wasn't the issue was it? I spent gems on dahlias and speeding up, but with only one of the pearl things it's not possible to finish. I am on the last day and am not to level eight yet. 250 gems to get one more onyx Pearl is a disgrace S8. Shame on you. This is the only event that I have chosen to participate in that I won't be able to finish. I have been playing for year. I read the forum. I have gems. I had every advantage to complete this...yet am not even close. Just disgusted, as you should be...with yourselves.

Nightclub Owner
    Thanks to everyone for the commiseration and well wishes. I'm going to keep plugging away but I swear that if I can't finish this on time, I am done with this game The pressure just isn't worth the 'rewards' anymore. I wonder why S8 keeps making their events harder and harder. It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    Island Name: Amer Island

1883+ Unique Dragons Hatched
    409+ Unique Dragon Eggs in Storage

Executive Chef
    Thank you to my new friends, one of your scrolls finally made it through. Now it's all a timing issue. The 4 hour crafts and four hour wait times for resources will be my Achilles heal. Hopefully I will have lucky drops and craft the last thing just in time.

The sad part about all this is is that by any measure, this should have been an event people loved:

* A building that has the opportunity to drop resources after the event that are actually useful
    * An animal to craft that drops a resource that is normally energy intensive (boar tusks only drop from wild boars and the feral lands adventure and each adventure requires 12 tusks)
    * An animal to craft that drops energy!
    * An animal to craft that drops other rare resources (troll's horn drops from a few different things but most have one day timers and you're always maxed out on the other stuff for the troll trade before you hit 20 horns)
    * A free red flower (and the opportunity to find more)

By the end of this event (I have a day left) I'll be up 2 red flowers and over a half dozen animals that drop a few energy and other resources I desperately need. I've literally been WAITING for a special event that would give me an animal that would drop boar tusks. This is, in many ways, an event that was pretty perfect for me and overall my outcome is still pretty good.

And yet I'm STILL intensely, intensely frustrated. And I was one of the fortunate people who went in late -- after plenty of warning from the forum. I got the most benefit from the free plant and the increased drops. And I went in knowing that this probably wasn't possible. And I'm still sooooo frustrated.

Getting resources that normally cost gems for free? We should have been all over that!
    Getting rarer, energy intensive resources from a crafting animal that ALSO drops energy? Like, this is normally the stuff we salivate over.

That instead there are just hundreds of pages of frustrated complaints speaks volumes about how badly this event went.

Rhino Keeper
    I play Castle Story for the camaraderie & storyline. These timed events are so frustrating & impossible if you have a job or any kind of life. We want our games to be entertaining & even a source of relaxation & fun. I hate not completing a task, but haven't been able to finish many of the Timed adventures. It 's just impossible, no matter what level of effort I put into it. So thankful that the Mermaid storyline is just a regular quest where I have time to work on it. That's the kind of quest I enjoy & why I first started playing Castle Story. I do appreciate the chance to vote in a poll--now if we just see some changes in response.

Executive Chef
    Also stuck on 19/20. Really? After everything I am actually stuck on neighbours' responses? Definitely not skipping with gems, what will be will be. But I am a little suspicious that I am still waiting for that final response despite sending to 96 neighbours 8.5 hours ago.