Quote Originally Posted by missKristel View Post
I have it and it's level 15. I would have even less points I didn't spend some gems. It's very frustrating.

Spending gems is my own choice but I feel like S8 created this kind of event so people who don't have gems still have a good chance of getting the last prize... And yet it doesn't seem to work, for me at least.
With the story book you have the choice to spend gems to complete or miss out on the animal if you get stuck. Then the introduced Leader boards and for most people winning requires spending gems, ok fine S8 need to generate revenue. Now, world events always felt to me like an event you could complete without needing gems which I liked because I never spend real money on a game when I first start playing, it's always been nice to relax and just plant, breed, hatch and evolve while concentrating on tournaments or some such. Now it seems the new WE is going to require gems. I'm only on 1200 points at the moment which I do not understand as I've constantly had my nests, flower and farms full up.

I feel for those who don't even have the option to buy gems, they miss out on LB event and other things now the WE is becoming harder I can see many becoming disenchanted with the game and leaving.