• The Goal Duration Was Fine

13 36.11%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Short

7 19.44%
  • The Goal Duration Was Too Long

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GOAL: By The Sea - 2017 July 6 (POLL ADDED)

Fashion Designer
    Too many parts does make the difference between FUN and CHORE, especially for newbies who cannot even get the 20 parts a day because they can't find good neighbors. They're going to quit. There should be more untimed goals for newbies, like the Gran-Gran and Sweet Co ones.

Too many parts will not just encourage people to buy gems. It will encourage people to quit.

Just start making ovens free during goals and charge gems for all but the three basic ones. Those who do the goals get the appliances for free and those who don't can buy them. Everyone gets stuff, company makes money. This isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    Too many parts does make the difference between FUN and CHORE, especially for newbies who cannot even get the 20 parts a day because they can't find good neighbors. They're going to quit. There should be more untimed goals for newbies, like the Gran-Gran and Sweet Co ones.

Too many parts will not just encourage people to buy gems. It will encourage people to quit.

Just start making ovens free during goals and charge gems for all but the three basic ones. Those who do the goals get the appliances for free and those who don't can buy them. Everyone gets stuff, company makes money. This isn't rocket science.
    Why would ppl want to start paying gems for appliances that unlock at certain lvls when they are available now for coins. That's a bad idea. Especially bc not everyone does the goals or misses them for whatever reason so then not only do they miss out on unique ovens u want them to have to pay gems for the only ones they don't have to complete a goal to get
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojocl141587 View Post
    Why would ppl want to start paying gems for appliances that unlock at certain lvls when they are available now for coins. That's a bad idea. Especially bc not everyone does the goals or misses them for whatever reason so then not only do they miss out on unique ovens u want them to have to pay gems for the only ones they don't have to complete a goal to get
    I think you misread what I said.

I do think having goals unlock at certain levels is an excellent idea! But I didn't say that, much less talk about how it would relate to gems.

Farm Supplier
    I do love this goal, it's very pretty. The amount of goalparts stay an issue, even for older players, so for new players it must be a nightmare.

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Post Poll Added

Hey Everyone,

We've started a poll to gather your feedback on this goal.

Did you enjoy this set of goals, the contents and prizes? Which aspects of the goal did you like or dislike? (e.g. the theme, recipes, number of parts required, recipe duration, etc.). Please share your constructive feedback. We appreciate your input.

The poll is anonymous and you can select multiple choices. This poll will close in 10 days. Thank you for your participation!

(Select Full Site option at the bottom of the forum page to vote/view the poll.)
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar
    I didn't participate due to lack of time and wanting to give my funds a break. My opinions on this goal (positive to negative):

-I really like how creative the dev team has been with the themes recently. The water park was a great summer theme, and this one was a really nice theme as well.
    -Glad to see the recipes have high coin outputs
    -The new recipes on the 2nd appliance were really nice, and I'm very happy to see that no sheet pans were used! The Chiles Rellenos still look like they were served in cookware on the countertops though :/
    -I'm much less pleased about the recycled recipes from Bakery Story. Although I'm glad that the names are at least somewhat relevant to the food (as opposed to Yorkshire Pudding being transposed as Mango Pudding), the increasing prevalence of recycled content is concerning.
    -As with previous goal sets, the high number of parts is a big issue (seriously, even 30-day goal appliances didn't require this many), and the costs are still very high considering that buying all the new objects introduced has more or less become mandatory for goal completion. I really do hope this will change, but the forecast isn't looking too bright on that front
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    I didn't participate due to lack of time and wanting to give my funds a break. My opinions on this goal (positive to negative):

-I really like how creative the dev team has been with the themes recently. The water park was a great summer theme, and this one was a really nice theme as well.
    -Glad to see the recipes have high coin outputs
    -The new recipes on the 2nd appliance were really nice, and I'm very happy to see that no sheet pans were used! The Chiles Rellenos still look like they were served in cookware on the countertops though :/
    -I'm much less pleased about the recycled recipes from Bakery Story. Although I'm glad that the names are at least somewhat relevant to the food (as opposed to Yorkshire Pudding being transposed as Mango Pudding), the increasing prevalence of recycled content is concerning.
    -As with previous goal sets, the high number of parts is a big issue (seriously, even 30-day goal appliances didn't require this many), and the costs are still very high considering that buying all the new objects introduced has more or less become mandatory for goal completion. I really do hope this will change, but the forecast isn't looking too bright on that front
    I'm seconding all of this except the part about skipping the goal.

If we are recycling, recycle in the same game, please. I don't really mind getting BS stuff in RS, but it would be better in BS. I can't stand getting RS in BS. I don't like those blue plates in RS, but they're just annoying in BS. I don't even want to Master in BS if it's blue plates because then I have the blue plates for longer (until all the food sells off.)

Please, PLEASE keep those ugly blue plates here.

Newbies are going to quit all over the place if they don't drop the number of parts required or extend the goal a few more weeks. They just cannot collect all those parts if they only have five decent neighbors.

Rhino Keeper
    Agree with pixiegamer and kayjco on parts required. It's really absurd. It took me almost 3 days (or more??) to get all parts required to build all 3 appliances, gifts and requests combined.

I do like the recipes and the decorative items. That crab counter is just adorable and the pelican is perfect for my water section. It ties in very well with the summer theme most of the players have going on.

Quote Originally Posted by kayjco View Post
    I don't really mind getting BS stuff in RS, but it would be better in BS. I can't stand getting RS in BS. I don't like those blue plates in RS, but they're just annoying in BS.
    Agree on keeping RS stuff in RS and some BS stuff here in RS but not the other way around. A bakery is supposed to look warm, cosy and cafe-like, even if we don't go with fine china cups and saucers. and not wet, sandy and hot.

I voted strongly agree because I didn't read all of the choices. I thought the goal prizes were really cute!! I don't really care for the sharing of RS and BS items, but I think there are less people working on the games so appreciate the creativity. Hope that RS and BS won't ever be combined into one game unless we could combine the items we have already. It's a fun, cute game when u have the time to play thank u!!!

Fashion Designer
    Cooking same recipe is okay but cooking same recipes for a new goal is boring to me... it's like I'm doing one thing twice (and again and again repeatedly)... it doesn't make me feel creative

Nevertheless, I loved everything about this goal.

Voted I liked the prizes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345