Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Seven Cursed Seas LEADERBOARD July 7 2017

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
    Because for 4 odd years DS has allowed anyone to put gold down and be guaranteed a prize. LB was the first socially competitive element where u might spend gold and get nothing for it. I guess people are still not used to it.

I get an adrenaline rush finish maybe every second LB. Its probably why I keep coming back. Almost all the other events I could give up since it ends up with dragons I storage that I dont want to hatch on my crashing island lest it makes it worse. At least the trophies I can display.

Its interesting to see people can buy thousands of points straight up. 2000 points in an instant for cash? Almost seems unfair to a hard work only player like me but at least its a once off. I guess I'll just have to increase the size of my safety buffer. The leaderboard already doesn't update quick enough in the last minutes and now these large points rewards
    How is the points for cash pack any different than using gold to get points? If you are winning leaderboards, especially multiple leaderboards, you are using a significant amount of gold to do so. It's either been purchased gold or saved up from GPD's that were purchased with real money... or there is *****ing involved.The only exception would be getting an extremely lucky draw of leaderboard players who could care less (this rarely happens) or the most recent leaderboards where a significant amount of points can be gained by feeding the side quest dragon.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    Does anyone know how much the higher yielding decoration for this LB was? The #1 player on my board had about 10 of them. It's not the first time anyone has seen this as I've seen others post about players on their LB's having that many in the past. It seems extremely suspicious to me.
    325 gold.

Executive Chef
    Still no poll... Wondering if they dare put one up...

The Honorable Panda
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaboe View Post
    Still no poll... Wondering if they dare put one up...
    Right now I am not doing polls on the Leaderboards, just the other events.
    There may be polls for the Leaderboards later on.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Fashion Designer
    I earned sufficient points from the Wheel to position me so that I could have won the Second Place dragon with about 60 bars and a Bingo boost. However, Leaderboards are an opportunity for us to influence the spending, or not, of other players, so I chose not. I'd rather forego a dragon, at this point, than possibly increasing S8's revenue from the event. If I ran a company, I'd wish to know what had instilled my customers with such animosity. That is not the case here.
    What happens to all of these dragons that we sell? Do they go to good homes or is there something more sinister afoot?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckyt888 View Post
    How is the points for cash pack any different than using gold to get points? If you are winning leaderboards, especially multiple leaderboards, you are using a significant amount of gold to do so. It's either been purchased gold or saved up from GPD's that were purchased with real money... or there is *****ing involved.The only exception would be getting an extremely lucky draw of leaderboard players who could care less (this rarely happens) or the most recent leaderboards where a significant amount of points can be gained by feeding the side quest dragon.
    On my main account I have 6 GPD. I used a second breeding roost that I activated for 100 gold, 2 nests and 1 evolution temple. I and was able to get points from using my artic isle breeding den and evolution temple. In addition I boosted about 4 times for 28 gold and feed Galleon to 14. I came in 2nd on the leaderboard.

On my second account I have 2 nests, 1 evolution temple, 1 breeding nest and no GPD. I was only able to raise Galleon to level 12. I boosted only once for 7 gold. All the gold I have came from playing other S8 games early on and most recently from watching videos. I came in 1st on this account.

I had 2 hours and 23 minutes before the end and was surprised that my positions on the 2 boards remained. I never buy the decorations that yield additional points on a timed basis.

Somehow this resulted in obtaining the Dread Captain on both accounts.

I agree I don't like this competition against other players. Somehow in this LB I had time and it wasn't stressful to put time into playing this one. I was initially going for the habitat. Then I saw where Hook was achievable then Pirate and then Corsair. This was my first time getting all milestones on my main account since the point level had been exponentially increased. On my second account I only made it to the habitat but finished first with low points because of my grouping.
    Last edited by Carbuck; 07-19-17 at 03:17 PM.

Executive Chef
    On my sons account the winner had over 43,000 points. Totally ridiculous - how much gold does one have to spend to get that many points? I've never seen anything like that ever. It wasn't even close.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314