Quote Originally Posted by JustKay View Post
Because for 4 odd years DS has allowed anyone to put gold down and be guaranteed a prize. LB was the first socially competitive element where u might spend gold and get nothing for it. I guess people are still not used to it.

I get an adrenaline rush finish maybe every second LB. Its probably why I keep coming back. Almost all the other events I could give up since it ends up with dragons I storage that I dont want to hatch on my crashing island lest it makes it worse. At least the trophies I can display.

Its interesting to see people can buy thousands of points straight up. 2000 points in an instant for cash? Almost seems unfair to a hard work only player like me but at least its a once off. I guess I'll just have to increase the size of my safety buffer. The leaderboard already doesn't update quick enough in the last minutes and now these large points rewards
How is the points for cash pack any different than using gold to get points? If you are winning leaderboards, especially multiple leaderboards, you are using a significant amount of gold to do so. It's either been purchased gold or saved up from GPD's that were purchased with real money... or there is *****ing involved.The only exception would be getting an extremely lucky draw of leaderboard players who could care less (this rarely happens) or the most recent leaderboards where a significant amount of points can be gained by feeding the side quest dragon.